PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Haunted Auction by Nortons

drfrightner
04-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Did you hear about the latest Norton Auction coming up???

Creatures Crypt in Bloomington, Illinois on June 10th, 2008 at 10:30am.

Yes this is John Dolans old haunted house. He has decided to hang it up!

Good luck to John into the future. We've lost one of the best!

Larry

graystone
04-06-2008, 08:55 PM
That if this is the same dude that auctioned at Vegas he has had an attatude adjustment. I know he offended several in Vegas. Ok now everyone proceed to jump me this is your chance.

beardedbil
04-06-2008, 08:57 PM
I know Scare Worlds Auction is also coming up through Norton's on July 23rd in Claymont, DE. I have visited this haunt and while not the most detailed i think they have a ton of props + animatronics that people will find useful as an "extra" to their haunt.

Haunted Illinois
04-06-2008, 09:17 PM
That if this is the same dude that auctioned at Vegas he has had an attatude adjustment. I know he offended several in Vegas. Ok now everyone proceed to jump me this is your chance.

Graystone, you need to think before you speak. At the very least, please get your facts straight!!!!

John Dolan WAS NOT part of the auction at Vegas and DID NOT offend anyone in Vegas.

He is a very respected haunter in Illinois and he had an awesome attraction.

graystone
04-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Wow that was quick please read what I said. I said and I quote "if its the same guy" maybe you need to read before you make a statement. But who ever the old geezer was he was very rude and disrespectful to a guy that was at the auction who was mentally ill the poor guy could not help how he was born. But the old guy sure as hell could have treated the poor guy better. Anyway Adam if you were not there and did not see it please sit down. Thanks

Haunted Illinois
04-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Wow that was quick please read what I said. I said and I quote "if its the same guy" maybe you need to read before you make a statement. But who ever the old geezer was he was very rude and disrespectful to a guy that was at the auction who was mentally ill the poor guy could not help how he was born. But the old guy sure as hell could have treated the poor guy better. Anyway Adam if you were not there and did not see it please sit down. Thanks

Excuse me?!?! Don't talk down to me, when it is YOU who is at fault!

I DID read what you said and what you said was uncalled for. Maybe I need to read before I make a statement??? How about you get your facts straight before you slam a fellow haunter who wasn’t even there? John Dolan has a spotless reputation in this Industry and I guarantee you won’t find one person here who will say otherwise.

And as for your comment about if I wasn’t there and didn’t see it.. Well, I WAS there and I DID see it. Since you don’t have all the facts, perhaps it is YOU who should “sit down”.

The person you are talking about (who was rude, etc.) isn't even a haunter; he is a Norton Auctioneers employee. Regardless of whether or not the guy you are talking about was rude or not, that doesn’t give you cause to slam a good Haunter’s reputation on such flimsy speculation. Perhaps you should gather the facts before speaking next time, eh?

drfrightner
04-07-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm not sure if Shane meant the guy who owned the stuff being auctioned or if he was refering to the owner of Nortons that was not clear to me.

However I can tell you I have talked to the owner of the Circus Circus stuff and he's a super nice guy. He was also a vendor at Transworld and had some amazing costumes, of which I bought three of them.

So if you're talking about him I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

As for the owners of Nortons, they seem to be the choice company for his auctions. But I will say auctions are hard to deal with because you have so many people, you have to have a firm hand to keep things in order.

As for the owner of Creatures Crypt, he's an awesome guy and I'm sorry to see him leave the industry.

Larry

graystone
04-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Last time the dude was rude and his remakes was uncalled for. Hell I dont know if hes an employee or owns the damn company. Point blank he was rude to a person who could not help how they were. Maybe you have never encountered a mentally retarted person if not you have no idea what they endure everyday AGAIN THEY CANT HELP IT. But the asshole who was doing the auction sure as hell could have had more respect for the poor guy. Larry no it had nothing to do with the owners of the haunt they were some cool guys as far as I could see. Adam seems to me your in love with someone whom I may not even be talking about. But I am sure he is proud to have you as his main squeeze. I can truly tell its all about your "Idol" and some rude ass than the poor retarted guy its sad. THESE PEOPLE NEED UNDERSTANDING AND PACIENTS FROM PEOPLE !!NOT HAVE THEM YELLED AT!! Where is your morals man? I bet when they show up at your haunt they get get turned away. Well at our haunt they get a free shirt and admission. Why you ask because we could only imagine what their world is like and we are thankful that we are healthy and most of all WE CARE. Now again this is about the attatude of the ass if he owns the company then shame on him his day will come if hes an employee fire his ass that was uncalled for. Now Adam please have a heart!

hauntedhousenut
04-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Adam, I think you're a little off base here, I think he was talking about David Norton, and Shane I don't think Adam owns a haunted house.

badass
04-07-2008, 09:35 AM
by the power of greyskull....errrrrr i guess i mean graystone...give me a break...this is gettin freakin old..i have attended hundreds of auctions..they move along fast..time is money..some call me retarded..i am beginning to think you are retarded..Nortons runs a Hell of an auction..and this industry is lucky to be involved with such a professional outfit as them...lets burn em down because they have an auctioneer that acts just like every other auctioneeer...how many times should the guy explain himself...if an auctioneeer has to explain himself over and over..its waisting everyones time and money...the world is full of idiots..and they are always showin up at auctions..hell even you were there..now don't get all bent....like you always seem to do..but damn..you need to learn when to quit burnin bridges...and quit callin me retarded..it was a stupid question and....i am over it....haha..this thread is about an industry commrad and his auction

GoryCorey
04-07-2008, 10:05 AM
I would agree about Nortons running auctions well.

If there was some situation, I am surprised if one of their staff would have disrespectful, especially not using discretion to address an attendee.

At 7 floors of Hell I did not realize I was crossing a diamond plate steel bridge prop (thought it was just a dock plate with rails being sold) and triggered it mid auction.

Believe me, they made a very patient request to not trigger props during the event (and I in turn, was beet red apologizing to the other attendees).

June 10, ouch.... dead between GLFF and MHC

shawnc
04-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Both of you need to take a deep breath and stop typing while you do it. You are both talking about two different people. I think everyone else can see that. Go back and re-read the thread from the beginning.

drfrightner
04-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Not that it matters but I will be personally attending this auction. I will be there without a doubt! I want to support John Dollan in any way I can!!!

I hope to see everyone there.

You can visit his website at www.creaturescrypt.com

Larry

Ken Spriggs
04-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Seems to me people are a little touchy on here.
Smug attitudes and jumping on people seems to be very common these days.

Maybe......just maybe I should stick to my original plans and hit the road while I still can.

Really who wants to stick around this biz when all we do is complain and bicker.
I left that part of my life almost 10 months ago

Seems the more I get involved...the more stupidness that comes out!!!!

RJ Productions
04-07-2008, 04:07 PM
I agree Ken, I for one should NEVER complain about complaints, since I make a bunch myself!!, but there is a difference when you are complaining to right a situation and just complaining to complain. We as an industry do need our "devil's advocates". We need to challenge ourselves and make sure we stay to the proper course. But lately some seem to be typing first, thinking later!! I sometimes catch myself getting caught up, it's easy.

I have started to go back to my old process, I type my response in a Word document, first because it helps with the spelling and grammar (sorry but some people on this list have a good point but it's hard to see through all the spelling and grammatical errors…I’m doing this in Word LOL!!) but more importantly I do not send it right away. Just save it, walk away, get something to drink, check another email, what ever. Come back and reread what you wrote. 9 out of 10 times you’ll correct the post, 5 out of 10 times you won’t even make the post!!! I have 2 recent posts that never saw the light of the internet! I either didn’t like the tone or the thread changed.

Here I go complaining again!!! Seriously, many people make good points, positive and negative. We need to learn from both. But when you post too quickly you sometimes miss your own points. Most people forget that you as the poster can go back and EDIT your own post!! That’s right!! You can correct yourself when you get “happy fingers”. Also I know many people who complain about having to wade through 10 replies to a thread where the posters add nothing more than “I agree” or “That’s what I think too!” There are people that just reply to reply. It became really rampant when people started watching the number of posts attributed to their account. They mistakenly substituted quantity for quality!

Negative comments have their place. When taken in correct context they can be the watch guards of our industry furthering our continued growth. When they become personal, spiteful or just pointless they waste everyone’s time and make good people like Ken here question his involvement. Hang in there Ken!

graystone
04-07-2008, 04:20 PM
I agree! Adam is it true? do you own a haunt or not? Either way maybe big pappa pimp will buy you some stuff for all the protection you have offered him. And I am like Shawn were not even talking about the same person! Anyway good job Adam you are now the winner!!!! Lmao

Ken Spriggs
04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Oh one more thing to add

ATTITUDES....I have a big one....but seems certain people just can't shut the hell up.

Rich to tell you the truth......I am tired of it all.
Not only the fighting or the complaining
Not only the behind the scenes....if you like them you can't play with us issues
Not only people getting on here and giving advice on opening a haunted house..........And they don't have one?
I could go on and on about the BS we start in our own business.

I guess I know the answer.......don't check the boards and you won't be affected by it