PDA

View Full Version : IAHA TAP article

RJ Productions
04-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Maybe Larry or some IAHA Board member can answer a question. I was thumbing through the TAP magazine and read the IAHA section. Not much news just a recap from the president. Again talking about the 3 year plan, then there is the statement (Iíve attached and highlighted the passage) thanking Eddie for the vision and that they helped launch a public relation campaign????? With absolutely NO disrespect to Eddie McLaurin, wasnít the PR campaign an idea that Larry started (to much resistance from the IAHA Board if I remember correctly) In fact there was SO much dissent that Larry had to get several of the top haunts to actually FUND the program!! So how did it suddenly become Eddieís idea and something the IAHA accomplished???

Jim Warfield
04-06-2008, 07:52 PM
If you ever study some very "successful", "big" people they seem to have honed the ability to swoop in and steal as much of the credit as humanly possible every time something goes right.
Some issue memos taking opposing sides to issues and ideas, then yank up the correct memo to fit the situation, win or loser, thereby maintaining their perfect record.
In my high school business class we were supposed to be" buying" stocks on the stock market to see how we would do. One kid was incredible! The teacher was So impressed...until we discovered the kid's Dad got his Wall Street Journal a day before the school did.

"Insider Trading! "Insider Trading!"

drfrightner
04-06-2008, 08:27 PM
LOL.

Let me be CLEAR EDDIE HAD NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO DO WITH THE PR EFFORT...and when I say NOTHING I MEAN NOTHING!

In fact he was given an opportunity to join the effort by paying a fee and he declined, which later he went on to regret because it was so successful.

And I mean NO disrespect to Eddie but he will tell you flat out he had NOTHING to do with the program nothing.

This was my idea, and I had pitched it to IAHA year after year for about 7 years and was always rejected. Once I became President, in my second term I was able to get everyone warmed up to the idea. I went out and recruited haunters to contribute thousands of dollars to the program, all while still the President.

Again while I was still President got the entire board to sign off on the program at a meeting during Transworld. I then stepped down as President to focus on the PR effort, which I felt was more important our industry than anything else. Eddie then took over as President.

The program generated about 40 million dollars worth of PR for the haunted house industry over the past two years.

It is the single most successful thing that has ever been accomplished in our industry history, but IAHA choose not to give me a single award, and hardly even a thank you. Very few haunted house owners do not understand or appreciate what I did and what impact it actually had on our industry, or for their business but that is okay. I didn't do it for awards or thank you's however you should wonder why I was alientated by the IAHA board,specifically Tim Givinski the current President.

Someone who was doing so much was driven off ... well the same guy TIM GIVINSKI who STOLE MY ARTWORK and POSED AS THE DARKNESS FOR TWO YEARS, whom I had to get lawyers after to FORCE him to stop pretending to be the 3rd best haunted house according to AOL.com is behind of this.

Tim went on the Bloody Mary cruise while I was President and recruited people to run for the board to eject me, because as he put it from what I'm told I was trying to sabatoge IAHA. From what I was told he made claims if we are ever going to save IAHA we had to get rid of me.

The people he was recruiting were not aware of the legal run in he had with myself, and how he stole my artwork and my name and posed as the Darkness two straight years and even allowed Ticketweb to list him as the third best haunted house in the nation according to AOL.

He did eventually STOP using my name and ARTWORK but only after I spent thousands of dollars in legal fees. He kept begging me to let him continue to be called The Darkness because as he put it he's nobody in the middle of no where, and no one would ever confuse his Darkness for mine. A year later he was the third best haunt in the nation according to AOL...so much for no confussion HUH?

This guy lied to Brainstorm Studios to obtain my artwork, lied to myself many times, and has lied to this industry and NOW has lied to AN ENTIRE INDUSTRY about who actually had the vision to produce a national PR effort.

ITS REALLY SAD that someone who claims to represent an entire inustry WOULD SO BOLDING LIE to an entire industry about this PR effort.

NOW SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME how this guy is ethical????? IF THIS WAS A REAL ASSOCIATION that was professionial on ANY LEVEL he would be removed for such a blantent lie, and to discredit others.

Even if he hates me, how can he ignore what I did for IAHA or in fact this PR effort?????

WHY???

IS THIS RIGHT OR ETHICAL???

Its in print for an entire world to see and read...I might consider some sort of action for this blantent action to disregard my contributions.

OUTRAGOUS!

JUST ONE MORE LIE FROM TIM GIVINSKI!

I DARE TIM to come onto this message boards and explain to THE INDUSTRY why he did this, and explain how his comments is anything but personal. This is NOT what you would expect from a leadership of an association.

Larry

Haunted Illinois
04-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Is it really important at this point? Regardless of who came up with what, Larry is no longer a member of the IAHA and per his very own words, he doesnít care what the IAHA does.

Actually per the IAHA announcement, they say that it was the vision of past president Eddie McLaurin to launch ďa public relations campaign to promote our industryĒ. Thatís a pretty general claim and I donít see how that can be challenged. I myself initiate several PR campaigns every year to promote our industry. I hope you arenít implying that Larry is the owner of them, also. LOL.

Besides, in reference to their announcement, what exact campaign was that? Did the article say? Not from what I read. How can you state that Larry was the inspiration of said campaign, when what they said was so general? Perhaps if they were more specific and said something like ďthe xyz campaign sponsored by abc group featured in def magazineĒ was the brainchild of efg, then you would have a point. But from what I can see, they merely referenced a VERY GENERAL pr campaign to promote the Industry, not anything specific. Arenít we jumping the gun here?

Besides, all isnít all of this HHA vs IAHA crap just making our Industry look bad? Perhaps all of us should just promote the hell out of the Industry to help it advance, instead of pointing fingers about who thought of what first? Just my two cents.

drfrightner
04-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Adam,

Eddie had no vision, he had nothing to do with it and its a clear attempt to LIE to its current membership. If you think that is ethical there is something wrong with you! You seem to be another person who does not appreciate the hard work it takes to do something, although I don't understand your comments since you put so much hard work into HI.com.

If you think its right for someone to steal your artwork, you name which you build up for 18 years and pose as you to make a dollar, if you think there is nothing wrong with that you have issues.

That PR effort helped an entire industry make millions of dollars, and to have someone LIE to everyone is an outage!

Larry

graystone
04-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Dang this could be good I want to hear more on this subject. Its refreshing to see a new disagreement. Please proceed!

Murphy
04-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Didn't Eddie help Scarefactory come up with the "Drunken Creative Team" campaign?........That worked.

hauntedhousenut
04-06-2008, 09:34 PM
You know the real truth in the matter, why address this?

Murphy
04-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Because I think the Sarefactory thing is still funny...........Oh, you mean the IAHA thing, sorry.

Jim Warfield
04-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I too would attempt to hide my creative sources if all my ideas came from a parrot whose brain was infected by alien contact.
Do I want to hear a bullhorn outside asking me to come out with my parrot exposed and take the chance that their wire-guided missle will only get him and not part of me?
Just then Jack Bauer runs up , looks my in the eye and says,"You're gunna have to trust me on this, let me have that parrot!"
23 hours and 55 minutes later my life has now become a living hell of quick cuts and quick talking in hushed tones!

drfrightner
04-06-2008, 10:01 PM
The real truth of the matter is DO NOT LIE, or discredit what others do, to make yourself or what you're trying to do look better.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. I worked really hard to make that PR effort a reality only for some THIEF named Tim Givinski to say it was someone elses doing or vision. This guy stole my artwork, stole my identity and now he wants to LIE to an entire industry.

This is IAHA! What a joke!

An association should be for bringing people together, bringing together idea's and making the industry strong. This isn't the way to do it by flat out lying!

I'm saying for the FLAT OUT RECORD...EDDIE HAD NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to do with the PR effort and when I say NOTHING I mean NOTHING.

Larry

Jim Warfield
04-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Al gore invented the internet and Hillary dodges bullets , sounds like Tim is headed for some kind of greatness then, doesn't it?
Did I ever happen to mention how I invented the first artificial orgasim?, er organ? Let's see..which organ was that again? Oh, yah, it was the first artificial brain, I took 3 pounds of hamburger, seasoned lightly.....added, oh I fergit!

drfrightner
04-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks Jim. You know its nothing to take lightly, people build a business, or accomplish something great, then someone else wants to discredit you or tear you down. It's really sad! And for any organization that woud allow its President to lie like this...geeze!

This guy is a TOTAL LOSER!

Larry

bodybagging
04-07-2008, 03:39 AM
Larry , Perhaps maybe possibly its all a MISUNDERSTANDING, or lack of COMMUNICATION.

Barry
04-07-2008, 05:12 AM
Hmmm... seems to be right on queue. Larry lasts about two weeks after saying he will never mention IAHA again. Funny how it was Rich that started it. Seems the two go hand in hand...

drfrightner
04-07-2008, 05:23 AM
Barry,

Let me tell you what... you can go around and skirt the facts. If you think its okay to LIE to people, steal from people, mislead people then maybe you yourself are not an ethical person.

Why do YOU always skirt around the facts? The facts are did he lie? yes or not MR ETHICAL? Stop trying to change the subject when you already know the truth MR ETHICAL!

Just say yeah that was WRONG of Tim the president of IAHA to LIE to an industry. Barry, I do not find you to EVER be fair on these issues. You always follow the same path yourself, which is walk the party line no matter what anyone does, no matter what anyone says, no matter anything.

When you see something that right call it out, when you see something wrong call it out, but don't be selective when you do or don't. That is your problem! Maybe my problem is this or whatever, and I might actually agree with you, but DUDE LOOK IN THE FREAKIN MIRROR once in while!

The issue here is NOT IAHA, the issue is clearly the leader of the group, who continues to prove he's not a leader who can unite people, or even wants to unite people. He alienated myself to the point that I quit. By lying in TAP magazine, to not only our industry but the entire amusement industry, that is un-exceptable. I can tell you Rich was very correct for pointing this out.

As for as IAHA it also goes to show its not professional, when you constantly allow these types of things to continue. One thing Barry... IAHA is a failure a total and utter failure. I myself also failed during my tenure with IAHA. IAHA was way to far gone by the time anyone could do anything with it. The root of all its problems are people who fight over running it and never do what is right for all. The board members are always the same from Randy Young who doesn't own a haunt, to Bobbie Weiner who doesn't own a haunt, to blah, blah, blah, blah. Its a club that doesn't work for this industry. Face the facts, we have almost 3,000 haunt owners and IAHA has 200 or so members.

The new association will ONLY promote the industry, and not the people involved! The goal is to always be professional and represent our industry in a positive light no matter what! Its the only way it should be!

Larry

MDKing
04-07-2008, 05:52 AM
If Larry is guilty of constantly complaining about IAHA, or Leonard, or whatever else it seems the same is true for people are constantly ready to pounce on him and everything he says. At the end of the day remember it's his board, he can say what he wants whenever he wants to, and most people will come back to the board because it's the best board of its type available to discuss haunt related topics, issues, etc. Let's keep it moving....

Allan

graystone
04-07-2008, 06:20 AM
I am sure no one lies in this Industry. Let me give you the same advice you gave me Larry. Give them time.sometimes you just need to move on.cut your losses. Hum it may just be me but but it seems things are different when the shoe is on the other foot. No offence Larry and I dont dislike you I do disagree with you many times.

mindtumor
04-07-2008, 06:45 AM
If Larry is guilty of constantly complaining about IAHA, or Leonard, or whatever else it seems the same is true for people are constantly ready to pounce on him and everything he says. At the end of the day remember it's his board, he can say what he wants whenever he wants to, and most people will come back to the board because it's the best board of its type available to discuss haunt related topics, issues, etc. Let's keep it moving....

Allan

You are correct, it does seem like more people are more willing to pounce on Larry for things he says then they are willing to pounce on anyone else on this board.

Jim Warfield
04-07-2008, 08:47 AM
If you are pronouncing Larry "Pounceable", maybe he should thank you for this, maybe his date card needed revving up!
People always pick on the person that they perceive to be the top guy, sort of like football. Does the linebacker tackle the opposing lineman or wait for the ball carrier?
Or pretend to tackle the ball carrier and collide with the cheerleaders?
I played enough football to appreciate the cheerleader point of attack.

GoryCorey
04-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Do not sweat any of this.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster will smote them.

Nothing you say or do, will have any impact.
Only the Great One's noodly appendage can make right from wrong.....man from ribs...dinosuars spring forth to earth 6000 years ago....reverse global warming by giving us more pirates.....

Mr. Haunt
04-07-2008, 10:20 AM
I have not gotten as far as to looking into the IAHA to become a member. But I have been to the site and checked things out. I think that something like the IAHA is important to the industry, but why the problems?

I guess I am wondering who started the IAHA? And why canít we as haunters start a new association?

I know that paying to be a member gives you a bunch of perks and all, but is this necessary? Is it fare? Why make it a nonprofit organization or a club created for everyone to become a member for free? Each person who wants to become a member can apply for membership. This membership has to be renewed each year, this way if someone falls out of the industry as haunters there is no need to take them out of membership, it just simply expires.

After becoming a member each one has there own right to vote on things, if there is a need for a committee or board of trusties then, these candidates need to have some higher qualifications before they can run for the board.

I donít know I am just throwing out ideas. Like I had said I donít know what it is that makes the IAHA so special. It is kind of a neat thing though, I guess if you are a haunter and a member you can say that you belong to a special group of people just for haunters. But what else is there? I think by everyone being a member they have there own vote and say what goes on, maybe have no board? Someone comes up with an idea and we all vote on it if it impacts the industry.

Maybe call it the World Association for Haunters

Or The Association of Dark and Special Attractions

Donít limit membership to people, the bigger the better!

Mr. Haunt

drfrightner
04-07-2008, 10:26 AM
I have issued a complaint to Brett Bertolino who heads up the TAP magazines for IAHA, and he has emailed me back agreeing that it was myself who spearheaded the program, and he's not sure why this statement was made and he was going to look into it. I really appreciate that from Brett, whom I find to be one of if not the ONLY shinning star in IAHA.

This really means a lot to get that email from Brett. He know its an un-true statement and I do not believe if he had caught that he would have allowed that to be printed.

Its really upsetting though that Tim thought that was acceptable behavior to discredit someone over personal issues. Its really hard to believe.

I hope Brett gets back to me with a complete explanation.

Larry

MMManiac
04-07-2008, 11:48 AM
DING:

and the battle begins. I agree the article was wrong to give someone else credit when that person had nothing to do with it, but whats the point of bringing up the fact that tim stole your artwork and haunt name. We heard about it 100 times on here. stop beating the dead horse and focus on the real issue here that the IHHA is lying to its members and handing credit to people who dont deserve it in any way.

sean

drfrightner
04-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Dwayne,

You're correct. However the reason I pointed that out again, is because this is the same person who is now lying. Pointing out its an axe to grind and this in no way serves their membership, nor fullfilling the duties of his role.

But you're right... the horse is beat into the ground.

I have a lot of respect for Brett, and I was happy he emailed today to let me know that was wrong and incorrect. Why Tim decided that was an honest statement, is beyond me. Larry

SomeThingInTheIce
04-07-2008, 01:33 PM
OH HE// NO, is there any doubt why this guy did this? He stole larrys work, larry called him on the carpet and now hes taking any shot he can get. He damn well knows that giving credit to someone else for larrys work would piss larry off. If I did all that work and someone was out front taking bows, I would be blooding someones nose. This guy is the leader of the industry, I don't think so and the president does not even own a haunt? Did I read that right! That would be like the president of the NRA (God rest his soul) not owning a GUN!!!