MMManiac
04-07-2008, 02:55 PM
interesting...

graystone
04-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Larry am I missing something?

MDKing
04-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Just the homepage is up, still not done yet.....

Allan

Darkangel
04-07-2008, 03:56 PM
It's not up yet, just the homepage. Speaking of Scarefactory, did anyone pick up the dead trees they were selling, or the big reaper guy?

Darkangel

shawnc
04-07-2008, 04:11 PM
I keep checking to see if they added the new stuff from Transworld yet.

drfrightner
04-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Shane,

No you're not missing anything. Merely showing you there is a big update coming to their website soon!

Larry

WarrenC
04-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Its nice they can build a new site, but can't return a phone call from 2006, and email from 2007 or provide legitimate replacement springs from previously produced animations. I'm still waiting on a phone call or email from David from 2007. they've got some great looking stuff, but I won't buy until they at least extend the courtesy of a phone call. For more than one year, they had their old (as in no longer with them) customer service representative's voice mail on their phone... they kept funneling calls to the mailbox that nobody checked. Needless to say, I may check out the new site, but no money's leaving my wallet until David comes through on his word.

graystone
04-08-2008, 12:03 AM
callem they have a chick that answers the phone now!

TheNightMare
04-08-2008, 12:55 AM
callem they have a chick that answers the phone now!

Nope, not true, been calling almost daily since transworld and have gotten voice mails everytime. Very Frustrating.

mindtumor
04-08-2008, 08:03 AM
It's not up yet, just the homepage. Speaking of Scarefactory, did anyone pick up the dead trees they were selling, or the big reaper guy?

Darkangel

We thought about getting the trees but didn't want to risk it. I will wait until next year to order from them to see if their new system of buying product works out for everyone.

Darkangel
04-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Yeah, hope they get things corrected. The trees should be easy for them, hard to screw hose up with no animation parts involved....

Darkangel

hearsley gray
04-08-2008, 06:43 PM
With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that people keep going back for more poor quality, high priced products and legendary poor customer service. It is almost like an addiction to their product. I think that it is all well documented that this is the same trend year after year. As I stood in their packed booth this year and watched one guy with a stack of catologs, I was wondering why you would put this much effort into something and not bring enough help to staff the booth. I hope the changes that they are making truly pan out for their customers....Time will tell.

Hearsely Gray

Haunted Illinois
04-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Címon, now. Give Scarefactory a break.

According to one of their employees, there are just ďa bunch of bored alcoholics sitting around a table... you know... trying to figure out what is the stupidest thing they can makeĒ

Perhaps he was the only sober one available at the time. Everyone else was busy creating new props. LOL.

Grimley
04-08-2008, 07:10 PM
While we were at the show 3 different effects broke down. So these were new items that could not stand the stress of a three day show. Not too comforting.

Haunted Illinois
04-08-2008, 07:27 PM
No, I quite understand. On the last day of the show I saw them welding one of the props behind the fence. I've seen this happen almost every year I have attended Transworld. I've always found it funny that they would need to weld brand new props. If they can't hold together for more than four days, why would haunt owners buy them for their attactions?

If you think about it, its simple physics, isnít it? When you have massive, 13 ft. tall mechanical armatures jerking around with great force, how long is it going to be before something breaks?

WarrenC
04-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Great point Adam... In fact, when my current Scarefactory props saw the exciting new props, they jumped with joy. So much so, my Hell Hound's jaw fell off. My Springline Skelerector's arms broke right off of his body, the Gravedigger's face popped off and well... my Canopy Bed Super Skelerector must have not seen the new pieces as he couldn't make out of bed with his broken springs and lack luster engineering. Still waiting on their return phone call...

I must credit Hearsley Gray for some of the jokes here... he knows the story.

badass
04-08-2008, 10:58 PM
when an arm or jaw or what ever breaks off...we just weld em right back on...and we buy our springs at lowes...

WarrenC
04-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Hey BadAss,
You are right and yes, we've welded, bandaged, welded, zip tied and rewelded. Enough welding to burn up synthetic dog hair, scorch latex, and ignite foam. The thing is, Scarefactory props all seem to have failure points not only in design, but construction, and parts. Been there - done that on the spring topic. The hardware store variety simply don't have enough tension. They are consumer grade products. You need to get the proper spring for the job. Have you experienced a spring 'blow out?' Sharp shards of spring steel fly out. Why, in today's age of CAD, why people engineer props which require high tension springs is beyond me. It can be done with pneumatics with additional costs, but the control, safety and longevity is much greater. Springs = Bad. Cheap, but bad news. I think we've all welded our Scarefactory stuff, doesn't mean we should have to. Did I mention their new stuff looks great?

graystone
04-09-2008, 07:06 AM
the secret is out LMAO. Seriously I have had problems too and I can honestly say David has made it right. Maybe he dont want me on his ass here on the HauntWorld forums. I am keeping an open mind that Davids new policy will work to everyones benefit. There again time will tell.

mindtumor
04-09-2008, 07:49 AM
While we were at the show 3 different effects broke down. So these were new items that could not stand the stress of a three day show. Not too comforting.

I have noticed this as well over the years, I go to the show the first day and look at all of their props and how cool they are, then on the second day I bring my wife through so she can look at them only she doesn't think they are as cool because they are no longer moving... I have almost ordered from them the last 2 years but changed my mind each year. I just don't feel like risking it.

mindtumor
04-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Yeah, hope they get things corrected. The trees should be easy for them, hard to screw hose up with no animation parts involved....

Darkangel

This is true. All of their stuff looks really cool. If I knew I had the ability to fix anything that broke on the animated stuff I might order. You are right about the static stuff though.

MMManiac
04-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Same here... we love their products and want to order but we dont have the ability to fix them if they, i mean when they break... its too bad.

Gore Galore
04-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Honestly,
I think every Haunted Attractionc should have a welder on staff now adays with so many things being automated. Also The animations in THIS industry are of lower quality than in other industries. But that is also because they are much lower in price.

this is not a slight against those that don't have a welder but when a critically placed animation breaks your scene is effected. The good thing is I think most attractions use animations as eye candy and the scare come from elsewhere.
that is a good thing.

But Maybe everyone should buy our Costumes.
that would fix all the problems
Hahaha

mindtumor
04-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Well it may sound like a knock against them but I don't mean it as one. I understand their animations move pretty violently and at some of those costs it is hard to build an animation that can handle that over and over again. I am just saying I don't feel like dealing with it.

neffuri27
04-09-2008, 10:52 AM
I have never heard anyone say ANYTHING but good things about your
products and service! You have great looking stuff on your website
as soon as we get our new building we will be buying some stuff
from you for certain.

Many Blessings

Kimmy

Jim Warfield
04-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Building animations here, for only myself, I use thick steel and weld it usually. This would make a more expensive prop in just the cost of the steel AND in the shipping of such an item around the country whether to a trade show or to a customer.
Maybe a whole cottage industry could be developed in making and selling add-on steel brackets to reinforce problem areas?
Of course more steel equals more weight for the cylinder to push around , equals more air pressure needed, equals more compressor wear and more electricity used.
Maybe a year-round all-weather testing fascility is needed?
The Ravens Grin Inn is open almost every night of the year in all kinds of weather....
..centrally located in Illinois..just 2 1/2 hrs. from Transworld (Chicago)

I personally think more use of gravity would solve a lot of potential animation problems.
We got gravity here.....

neffuri27
04-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I just got an email from David Fachman and he said he will have the new products
on the website up in about 15 minutes!!!

I cannot wait!!! I did not get to go to transworld because of my mum and brother's
health problems and I am excited about seeing the new products on their site
so go check it out guys.

Huggs and Screams

Kimmy

Darkangel
04-11-2008, 11:17 AM
It's up and running now. By the way, does anyone know why Scarefactoy catalogs always have brownish colored images? For eample, their castle or Angel of Death look brown in their pics but are actually grey....

MDKing
04-11-2008, 07:58 PM
I know what you mean, the coloring of their photos isn't great......

Haunted Illinois
04-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Could it be possible they are using a sephia filter to make the photos look more dramatic?

Gore Galore
04-12-2008, 08:25 AM
thanks Kimmy,

I hope we can hang out to that reputation.
It is hard getting that kind of respect.
And we would be delighted to get to work with you whenever the day comes.

Jim Warfield
04-12-2008, 08:41 AM
"Brown" coloring?
Nothing beats real brown. Smear a little poop across the end of your Crayola before using-From my book "2001 Things to Do With Feces!"
(Of course this particular item is a secret mission to befuddle little Brother as he is coloring, "Where's that bad smell coming from?")

Matt Marich
04-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Maybe they like it Poopy, Jim. Did you ever think of that? But seriously, we had a problem with our catalog this year too, I didn't calibrate my new monitor and all our prices are very dark, this could be a problem with SF stuff. If you don't call for proofs, this can happen!

Jim Warfield
04-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Some ad printers don't want to show you a proof.
Once a printer jerked me around until the last possible half-moment I could use their product, then delivered it with a ton of extremely stupid typos, their excuse 20 years ago, "It was the Computer"!
To which I said:"What is your computer? A cardboard box with a five year old inside scribbling?"
(Might have done better?)
I sort of regretted saying that because I might have gotten that five year old fired.
"Back to the coal mines Kid!"

Evolution
04-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Does anyone have any pos. or neg. feedback on scairstructures inflatable rooms? What happens if someone slashes a column? Are there baffles inside that prevent total collapse? Any general feedback would be great too. Thanx Dave

Jim Warfield
04-12-2008, 05:44 PM
A slashed column is supposed to take quite a long time to deflate as is the whole structure, insuring that there would be ample time to stop selling tickets , get everyone out, maybe slow enough so nobody thought you owed them a refund?

actiondeath
04-12-2008, 06:10 PM
You mean it wouldn't just "Pflflflflflflflflflflft"... Zig-zag-ing off into the distance? Shooting patrons out as exhaust? That'd be the premiere 'dark ride'. A one way trip to who-knows-where.