PDA

View Full Version : Good Vendors

graystone
05-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Ok I have made mention of the good vendors out there on my bad vendor post. So I want to start one that will shine some light on these hard working guys and want to see who else can agree or disagree ( if you disagree please put your experiance as to why you disagree). So with that let me show my point of view with a rating system and would like input on it.
Unit70... A+ (Great products, good customer service & support on time shipping)
Distortions...A+ (Great products,good customer service & support on time shipping)
Oak Island...A+ (Great products, good customer service & support, on time shipping)
Buckeys Bone Yard...A+ ( Great products, good customer service, on time shipping)
Scream Line Studios...A+ (Great Products ,good customer service, on time shipping)
Gore Galore...A+ (Great products, good customer service & support, on time shipping)
Edge Designs...A+ (Great products ,good customer service & support. on time shipping)
Sophisticated Terror...A+ (Great products, good customer service& support, on time shipping)
Froggys Fog...A+ (Great Products, good customer service. on time shipping)
Fright Props...A+ (Great Products, good customer service & support, on time shipping)
CFX...A+ (Great products,good customer service & support, on time shipping)
XtremeCreators (Great Products,good customer service & support on time shipping)
Now hopefully this will shed light on the hard workers of the industry there are some who have failing grades but thats another post (however if you disagree please put the experiance you had and as to why you disagree) please if anyone can add their approval and rating here on the industries best please do!!! REMEMBER THIS IS FOR THE GOOD VENDORS Feel Free to add your good experiances. Shane Graystone Manor

scareshack
05-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Not sure if I can add, but here is my experience and ratings using your rating system.
Frighteners Entertainment...A+
Morbid Industries.....A+
Dental Distortions....A+
BodyBag Entertainment..A+
Bloody Mary....A+
ScreamLine Studios...A+
Buckys Bone Yard...A+
Vile Masks....A+
Monster Guts...A+

I have ordered numerous times from the above compaines in the past 2 years and have yet to have a problem. Any questions I had was a phone call away coupled with great CS and fast shipping.

Have yet to have any problem what so ever...2 thumbs up to the compaines i mentioned.

I know i forgot 2 otheres....brain freeze....argh

graystone
05-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks for your imput and feel free to anytime. I myself will feel good about buying from any of the above vendors you mentioned and well as you can feel the same about the ones I listed as well. My hats off to you guys and your companies! Everyone feel free to post and if you see companies listed more than once keep them coming I wont to hear from everyone! It only goes to show the more times they are listed the more secure people will feel about buying! Shane Graystone

graystone
05-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Surly there is more good companies out there!!!!! Shane

Nightmare Grant
05-03-2008, 10:26 PM
My own personal experience with the following vendors in no particular order.

Screamline Studios...A+
Gore Galore...A+
Dental Distortions...A+
CFX...A+
Evilusions...A+
Fright Props...A+
Oak Island...B
SPFX Masks...A+
EFX-TEK...A+
The Ghoulish Gallery...A
Rogues Hollow Productions...A+
Sinister Scents...A+
Froggy's Fog...A+

Anymore vendors I can think of I will be sure and post!

Thanks

graystone
05-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Good to see ya my good friend I been catching some more hell!! LOL and thanks for the imput! Shane Graystone

Smiley
05-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Fright Catalog...B+ (good products, fast shipping, price guarantee, small handful of products are out of stock and usually aren't instock until haunt season)

poison
05-04-2008, 01:55 AM
I hope to make this list VERY SOON!
Check out my SOUND EFFECTS CD LINE I just added to my website.
You wont be dissapointed!

condemned 12
05-04-2008, 04:23 AM
total fright-(a+)great products,great service.

mindtumor
05-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I have had good experiences with Halloween Productions and Bump in the night. Everyone else already mentioned the other companies I have had good experiences.

graystone
05-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I have started this thread on the good hard working guys of this industry. Who all deserve a big THANK YOU! and I wont to see more names added. Now here is the kicker. This thread has had less than 150 views. Now there is also a thread that I call out a bad vendor on and its had over 1000 hits the other one had over 6000 before it was removed . Now to the thread thats had 1000 hits everyone is bitching how sick they are of hearing it. Yet they come there to post. but not many are posting here for the good hard working guys of the industry can someone tell me why? Is it because most want to know who they can and cant trust here? I think so. Shane

TheNightMare
05-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Now there is also a thread that I call out a bad vendor on and its had over 1000 hits the other one had over 6000 before it was removed . Now to the thread thats had 1000 hits everyone is bitching how sick they are of hearing it. Yet they come there to post. but not many are posting here for the good hard working guys of the industry can someone tell me why? Is it because most want to know who they can and cant trust here? I think so. Shane

Hey Shane, Get off your high horse, views DO NOT COUNT, I REPEAT DO NOT COUNT. Anyone can do it and I am partly responsibly for that thread reaching over 1000 views. You can go into any thread and hit the refresh button and guess what? The thread view count goes up like magic. Hit it a few hundred times and viola your thread had 200 views, but it was from the same person. LOL

Do you want this thread to have over 1000 views? I can make it happen, then you would think a lot of people care about what you write. Put your EGO to the side and give it a rest.

condemned 12
05-04-2008, 10:56 AM
monster makers-(b+)great products,slow service.

screamsofnight
05-04-2008, 11:49 AM
monster makers-(b+)great products,slow service.

Thats so true. Monster Makers have great products. BUT.. I have been waiting 2+ months for a reply on e-mail. I am sure they are busy.. I will just keep trying:) I would give them a (C) for the slow service.

Shane.. thanks so much for doing this post man. I am definitly hearing about companies i have NEVER heard of.. and thanks to this.. i am gonna purchase some stuff right away!:)

Kyle
Screams of Night

graystone
05-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Dont Thank me my friend Thank all the hard working vendors out there that make our dreams come true. The deserve to be acknowledged. Some people think I only see the negative and I have made mention many, many, many times on the hard working guys of this industry!
On yeah one other thing TheNightMare there is no need to be jealous of me if you tried you could someday be somebody! Why dont you stop trying to make me look bad and find your own post. You have came off as a real looser who is jealous that I have friends here. Grant you they dont always agree with me but they are good friends! Shane

bodybagging
05-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Ok as a vendor, Im even more picky with other vendors, although more understanding out of experience..... below is MY LIST of A-1 vendors that I have dealt with in the past. Alot of these vendors I have purchased from and a few have helped me with info in the beginning of BBE,

Midnite syndicate
Virgil
Dental distortions
RottingFlesh radio
Tim Turner
BOO CREW
EFX TEK
Evillusions
Fearscape Studios
UNIT 70
GoreGalore
minionsweb
monstertronics
screamline studios
metamorph
unsavory characters
sinisterscents
sandiegofx
smooth-on
brutal images
cinemasecrets
although not technally a vendor, two thumbs up for the gang at MHC for making the best haunter convention in the USA

Everyone above, has excelled in excellence, and I strive to be considered a peer amongst them.
due to numberous closed head inhuries, Im sure I have left out at least 50 vendors, and I apologize.....

TheNightMare
05-04-2008, 02:49 PM
On yeah one other thing TheNightMare there is no need to be jealous of me if you tried you could someday be somebody! Why dont you stop trying to make me look bad and find your own post. You have came off as a real looser who is jealous that I have friends here. Grant you they dont always agree with me but they are good friends! Shane

LMFAO!!! Jealous of you , no way. Sorry dude but your like a broken record saying the same thing days in and days out. Gets tiring ya know? Think of a new topic someday and STOP rehashing old/same topics that you do.

Look everybody lets thank all the hard working vendors that don't stab you in the back. (I agree with this, but it ONLY needs to be mentioned once)(not everyday with a new post) Jeesh get original

Hey everyone Scareparts stole my money, now I need a place to vent and cry, won't you all listen and feel sorry for me?

BWAHAHAHHA...

graystone
05-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Again you could be somebody if you tried TheNightMare and I am sure Keith could use a new partner honestly this time its directed to you the TheNightMare and not Keith . If you were not so in love with me and want to come on and try to impress me with your stupid comments you would not be here. Now would you looser? Do you need to borrow a few bucks from me? Jason thanks for listing all these great guys above so all the new haunt world people coming here can see these guys and throw a few bucks their way. Also they might wont to contact TheNightMare and tell him how stupid his puppy love towards another man (me) is making him look and its looking bad. Shane

TheNightMare
05-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Ghost Ride Productions

mikemcgowan
05-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Remember the idea behind this thread: the good vendors. Go to one of the many other bad threads to argue so they can get pulled and this one left up here for others to use as a reference.

This is a perfect example of how everything Shane Dabbs aka Graystone touches turns into a negative bitch fest.

drfrightner
05-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Here is my take on good or bad vendors...

Good vendors hmmm....

It really depends on do YOU HAVE SOMETHING I WANT. If a new vendor came along had great prices, with a product that I had to have, I'm buyings. It always boils down to having something new that you actually want to buy.

Secondly can they deliver and if they can they are a great vendor.

Bottom line is I've dealt with a lot of different vendors, a couple have screwed me big time, and most of those are no longer in business. Either way, MOST vendors have been great to work with, even with a few bumps here and there. A lot of the problems we have with vendors have been dictated by factors out of their control such as the tradeshow issues, and many others.

I think MOST if NOT all vendors are good and have the best intentions. Just like any industry, not every transaction goes perfect, and in most cases there are two sides to every story.

Larry

BruiseMuse
05-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Props
Minion's Web (Great products, great prices)

Makeup/Effects
Graftobian (great products, quick shipping, prices can be a bit high)
Monster Makers (great products, a bit slow though (luckily they are local))
CLS/Vision Science (Great custom contacts, super quick shipping)

Costumes/Accessories
InCharacter (Great high quality costumes, good prices)
Pleaser (shoes for every monster imaginable, fast shipping, great online ordering system)

hauntedhousenut
05-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Funny, all of his and bobs post are directed at you and they have only a few post.

screamsofnight
05-05-2008, 10:00 AM
OK.. I think I am speaking for the majority of members of Haunt World. I have nothing against anyone on this board, but all the drama and nagativity has to stop. I know that some people are angry with other business's but don't take it out on us! I am sick of going into most threads and hearing about all this BS. I dont think that is the MAIN goal of this forum... to cause BS!

Just my thoughts...

mikemcgowan
05-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I totally agree with you Screamsofnight. The negativity is polluting everything and it should have ended a LOOOOOOOONG time ago!

mikemcgowan
05-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I guess that's a great big "NO!" to my suggestion of going back and deleting or editing your posts on this thread?
I'm totally with you on this Shawnc. I will be deleting my posts. Before doing that, it is my hope that SOMEONE CAN SOMEHOW reach Shane Dabbs (aka Graystone) and get him to recognize how much damage he is doing to himself, his reputation, his support among members and to all that is good about these forums with his constant negativity. I've been coming to these forums for quite awhile now and have found them to be a nearly unlimited source of inspiration and information. Up until now, I've just been sitting quietly and enjoying a website that I think demonstrates the best of what the internet has to offer. Sadly, I've seen it polluted RELENTLESSLY by Shane, who just showed up in February, and who seems determined to turn nearly EVERYTHING into a personal bitchfest. Even THIS thread that HE started with the clear title of GOOD VENDORS, he found it necessarry to berate folks for not posting enough positive remarks! And for those of us who speak up about how we are sick and tired of his tantrums, Shane launches full scale tirades filled with childish personal attacks and threats, paranoid conjecture about conspiracies, a reading of his personal manifesto, bizarre innuendos and whatever else he can cook up.

I for one was a big supporter of Shane early on but he lost all my respect long ago. I could no longer remain silent and sit by. It was time to stand up and count myself as one of the growing many who had had enough with Shane, knowing full well that Shane would retaliate with a flame war.

He's like the mopy, self-obsessed, belligerent drunk at Club Hauntworld. Crying in his drink about how much he's been wronged and who will just not shut up about it. Most folks who notice him, stop and listen and maybe they agree with him at first. But they eventually just move on and ignore him after hearing the same slurry semi-incoherent babbling gibberish over and over and begin to wonder how much of the problem might be related to him. Eventually, he starts getting in peoples faces, butting into other conversations, and if you disagree with him, he busts his bottle on the bar and starts swinging wildly. Somebody either needs to bounce him, or those folks that still care about him, that can reach him, need to do an intervention. I've seen wave after wave of seasoned industry veterans and fair-minded, well respected members try to approach Shane and reason with him only to see Shane go off on one wild rant after another.

We all know that Shane thinks he's fighting the good fight, the problem is, HE'S NOT GOOD AT FIGHTING IT! He's done more damage to his cause AND TO HIS OWN REPUTATION than Scareparts or any other person EVER could have. It's also pretty clear to me now that if Scareparts tried to have a reasonable conversation with Shane, it was all but impossible.

I will be deleting this post once folks have had a chance to see it and Shane removes all his negative crap from this thread.

graystone
05-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Either post something good about a vendor here or move on! I have a thread on dead beats! Again I have talked to many, many, many ,vendors here and all have seen what I have set out to do. I have not recieved anything negative from any of them even me and Kevin (Gore Galore)have came to a great respect for each other! I think the reason most vendors has not got involved is because as you can see from this post most are hard working honest guys and again A BIG THANK YOU GUYS! And all you vendors out there again Thanks For Your Support And Understanding! If anything starting these threads has enabled me to talk to so many vendors some I did not know but now have the up most respect for them. I shall list a few Gore Galore, Bodybagging, Sophisticated Terror, Scream Line just to name a few. The other guys I meantion often Unit70,Distortions,Oak Island,Edge Designs,Buckeys Bone Yard, Fright Props, and several others who I have done lots of business with I already knew and applaud their honesty. All Thoes who I mentioned above I will for sure be doing more business with! Again Mike move on and shut up no one is forcing you to read anything I have to say. Keep up the hard work guys your great and I am honored to stand with you in the industry. Also the non vendors who has called I look foreward to meeting you all in person! Mike this thread and others I have started has done more for me than you will ever know or realize! And no one cared about the spelling or grammer but my passion for honesty and thats all that matters! Shane Graystone

Tater
05-05-2008, 07:00 PM
I wanted to nominate Keith from Scareparts as a good vender. Hes got an a+ in my book. I plan to buy from him at MHC

graystone
05-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Hummmmmmmmmm LMAO I hate you and I will see that Granny is taken care of!!!!!!! Shane

Frighteners Entertainment
05-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Looks like Granny has a boyfriend!

neffuri27
05-05-2008, 08:44 PM
he came all the way over to this new POSITIVE POST SIGHT
just to write something negative!
Shame on you!

Brutal Images is another vendor that has really good stuff we have
bought in the past. Are they still around?
They are good folks!

Infoamtek
05-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Brutal Images is selling their stuff through Oak Island now.

TheNightMare
05-05-2008, 09:41 PM
he came all the way over to this new POSITIVE POST SIGHT
just to write something negative!
Shame on you!

Whatever! I have posted 3 times in this thread, one was teling shane his view counts on threads don't count. The other one was cause he called me out, and the 3rd was listing a company with great merit to buy from.

Heres another good vendor: Creative Visions and Haunt Visions

drfrightner
05-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Let me say that I agree all the bitching should end. I feel I am as passionate as anyone, especially when you believe in something. Sometimes message boards are like a marriage you have to take the good with the bad. No offense to Denely, but his comment about 'NO DRAMA'... c'mon now lets keep it real.

I've seen ENDLESS message boards, some I never made ONE post on, from a message board about Tears for Fears, Marilyn Monroe, to all sorts of haunting ones, to fantasy football, or message boards so people can rip on their local sports teams or whatever.

You can't have a message board without some drama UNLESS... you have no one visiting your board. That is how you get ZERO drama... I've seen it a thousand times. I know in a perfect world you'd love it to be that way but look at the President race, or a local mayor race, you name it there is all sorts of drama and mudslinging.

Sometimes that is how you learn other points of view...if everyone always agreed you'd never learn anything and that is a fact.

We wouldn't have a need for two parties or three if you count the independents.

Bottom line these kinds of things from time to time are un-avoidable, not when people are passionate about what they're talking about be it sports or haunted houses. This goes on EVERYWHERE you turn!

However, to what degree do you take the abuse someone dishes out? How far can you go, or how far should you go? I think Shane has crossed all of those lines, and then some. I think Shane has some positive things to offer, and I keep waiting for them all to appear and I'm still waiting.

I've challenged Shane to share info about his haunts, lets see some video, photos, some new idea's anything to change the subject from vendors he does not like, or making accusations at myself for being some sort of patsy or whatever or the insults he has slung at others.

SHANE IF YOU'RE OUT THERE... change the subject from vendors to something unique you're doing, your haunt anything.

Larry

hauntedhousenut
05-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Please change your tune Shane!

graystone
05-05-2008, 10:34 PM
I am confused. Do you love me? Or do you hate me? Make up your mind :) Shane

Jim Warfield
05-05-2008, 10:42 PM
There exists that fine line between love and hate but no boundry for obsession!
(i think I just made that up?)

hauntedhousenut
05-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah we love you, just give Korner his chance!

Empressnightshade
05-06-2008, 12:19 PM
There exists that fine line between love and hate but no boundry for obsession!
(i think I just made that up?)
Ooooo....that was a good one, Jim! :D

Randy Bates
05-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I agree with tater. I have bought a huge number of animatronics from Keith Korner over the last several years. They have worked well and look great. He has always treated me professionally. I WILL be buying from him in the future.

Randy Bates
The Bates Motel

professornightmare
05-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Larry says on post#35
"Let me say that I agree all the bitching should end. I feel I am as passionate as anyone, especially when you believe in something. Sometimes message boards are like a marriage you have to take the good with the bad. No offense to Denely, but his comment about 'NO DRAMA'... c'mon now lets keep it real."

I say"
"I have personally changed my goals and priorities. Almost losing my kid to a serious illness puts things in perspective very quickly! Many people enjoy Jerry Springer or read the Enquirer. At this point in life I would rather read National Geographic or Cinefex. I'm not saying that people will never have a disagreement on www.hauntedhousecentral.com ...I'm just saying that I will focus on information rather than negativity. Haunting is again fun for me..I wan't and need it to stay that way.
"Sin"cerely,
John Denley

ps. Larry..that dark ride looks great..excellent job!

Barry
05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Well said John. :)

drfrightner
05-06-2008, 10:49 PM
John,

Let me tell you something, I follow all the comic book websites because I love COMIC BOOK MOVIES! These people are brutal to each other, for example some people love Brian Singer (director of X-Men and Superman). That director is the center of all kinds of love and hate... personally put me on the side of HATE! I HATED SUPERMAN and wasn't a fan of his X-Men movies either... I don't post on the message boards, I barely have time to post on this message board much less get bogged down in endless debates that really doesn't mean anything in the end. I guess it does to some degree because Brian Singer says the next Superman will have more action...

On sports websites, people are just SUPER brutal on these message boards. and on myspace people have committed suicide over things people have said. In fact my buddy here in St. Louis is the lawyer for the girl who was accused of causing another girl to commit suicide because of somethings she posted on a myspace page.

Hauntworld IS NOT JERRY SPRINGER... PERIOD!

Hauntworld is the INDUSTRIES #1 way to learn, and advance your attraction on the web. Yes there are some idiots that do dumb things, when a message board is REAL time, anything can be posted at anytime including spammers promoting IPHONES! I can't control what people say or do, heck I can barely control what I say. LOL

No matter WHO I TALK TO in this industry, and I've talked to HUNDREDS, they all read this message board. I think its UNFAIR for people to say this site creates drama, or is about slamming people or anything like that.

Yes some goes on and some happens, but it happens ON ALL message boards, blogs, myspace, and everything between. You can't control people, especially in America, everyone has a voice and sometimes even when they're wrong they express it and most of the time in different ways.

There is nothing I can do about it most of the time. As for Shane I've erased atleast 100 of his posts...Shane will continue to say what he wants even though I don't agree with him half the time.

The BOTTOM LINE is 95% of ALL POSTS on this site are positive, learning, communication, selling new or used stuff, updates from around the haunted world and more. People have used this site to promote their business, launch their business, sell used stuff, to asking thousands of questions and getting answers.

And yes this site has been used to EXPOSE frauds, just as you have done with Eric Carlson. Hauntworld is a place that is 95% drama free but people usually only remember the drama...but that is NO DIFFERENT than real life.

When people think about some celeb who drives drunk, or does something bad, people FOCUS on or just CHOOSE to remember the bad stuff. Hauntworld Magazine is positive, helpful, as is this website which provides people more information than all other sites combined.

People think of Haunted Attraction Magazine's site as an industry site, but its NOT, its a business site with a message board. Click on the buyers guide link and you can buy one, no links to vendors. Blah, blah... all of that is okay because everyone needs to make a living as they choose but Hauntworld has ALWAYS provided links, listings, information for free!

We have more articles posted and have continued to do so for years!

The bottom line I guess, or what exactly I'm trying to say is this...

"DRAMA"... its something you can't escape, when something becomes popular, the more people it draws in, the more problems you will have.

Its kind of like at your haunted house on a slow night, people love the attraction, there are no problems with people cutting in line, blah, blah...but then comes Saturday and line cutting everywhere, a zillion problems, drama drama drama... more people more problems.

Its just something you have to deal with, you have to take the good with the bad that is just the reality of the situation. In a perfect world I'm sure we'd all love for something to be a certain way but it is what it is.

As for the things you're doing, I support you a 110%, I've always supported you John, and Fright Times, and everything else. I wish you nothing but the best, and I'm very sad to hear about your son. I have two boys myself and they mean more to me than anything!!!! I couldn't even imagine dealing with the things you're dealing with. If there is anything I can do you let me know!

Either way 'DRAMA' it comes with success, at your haunt, in your life, with your business, one haunt tries to steal your signs, whatever... it's just something you know is going to happen! Just deal with it the best you can!

Larry

professornightmare
05-07-2008, 07:06 PM
I agree and I was not calling "Hauntworld"...Jerry Springer..I was merely stating my tastes. I appreciate Hauntworld's support and as you may remember I have reciprocated for years by doing Hauntworld ads in my videos and magazines. We could go back and forth but my point is simple. Let me use an expample we both can learn from. On the HMA site, the owner/moderator lets both sides of a dispute tell thier side and when he feels both sides are represented, he locks the thread so everyone can move on. It helps keep things positive. I think you do a great job here which was why I took part in your previous sponsorship programs and spoke at the Hauntworld gathering. I look forward to every "haunt-site"....but I'm a Halloween junkie, just like you.
Cheers
P.N.
PS. Thanks for the kind wishes about my son...let me know if you ever want one of those "Godzillas" for yours??

Jim Warfield
05-07-2008, 07:20 PM
OK, John and Larry! You guys are referring to Jerry Springer's show as a bad thing!
A producer of that show has been through The Ravens Grin several times and was so impressed he wanted me on that show,..somehow? Or he wanted some premiss to bring Jerry's show to my house!!
...Of course we never thought of one......I'm not married to my sister, I don't live in a trailer attacked by space aliens every night and my tatoos don't scream obscenitys in public, getting me in trouble.(no matter how I mistreat them!)

graystone
05-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Ever thought about the Larry Springer show? I think we all would make good guest! Again all you hard working honest guys I cant Thank You all enough for how you conduct your business. Its showing by all the positive adds this thread has received. Shane

bodybagging
05-08-2008, 04:37 AM
LMAO LARRY springer!