PDA

View Full Version : Silicone FX demo MHC

bodybagging
05-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Be sure to catch our XtremeHauntFx demo at www.midwesthauntersconvention.com this June, we will be recreating the Silicone trauma wound as seen in our XtremeHauntFX dvd..... Special thanks to www.Smooth-on.com for providing us with a excellent product to work with!!!!
Nothing beats this stuff for realistic trauma.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/bodybagging/closeup.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/bodybagging/leftsidegood.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/bodybagging/strechgoodrob.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/bodybagging/strechderrick.jpg

The Doctor
05-06-2008, 08:24 AM
I am looking forward to seeing this, I have been interested in the smooth-on products for some time now and would love to see them in action.

bodybagging
05-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Silicone FX is awesome, and Get there early, so you can get a seat!
Standing room only is what Im shooting for!

Boo Crew Production
05-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Rob,

Looks great! hummmmm you'll have to teach me all about sillycon.

bodybagging
05-06-2008, 09:37 AM
LOL on sillycon!

Matt Marich
05-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Rob, Is the blood color also Sillycon?

Infoamtek
05-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Like using gelatin without it melting in the heat. Good Stuff. And the pieces are reusable.

bodybagging
05-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Matt, the Silicone is tinted in layers, with SILC PIG creating realistic hues in different layers with abit of transparency. The actual blood is a custom mix.
John you are correct... thats one of the best parts to using silicone, you can simply wash it off and reuse it again and again!
Plus once you get it down, silicone can be applied in less than 20 minutes, fantastic timeframe for a haunt actor, and when you are reusing the same piece you can knock that time frame down to about 5 minutes......

The Doctor
05-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Time is a huge factor for me, I have lots of actors wanting me to do there make up but my own takes so much of my time I have none left for them. I am going to have to fight my way to the front to get a good look at this stuff.

bodybagging
05-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Doctor, sounds like its time for you to pick up a couple of FX dvds, and have preseason makeup jam sessions..... teach those actors how to do their own FX , my personal thing is have them paint teach them to paint their own prothestics, learn how to properly apply them and remove them, and you can have actors in foam, slip, silicone appliances in a matter of minutes every night. Teach them, have your pizza sponsor, sponsor a few weekends this summer, for FX training....

Matt Marich
05-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Not to hoard in on your post Rob, but here's our pre-painted re-usable silicone appliances for Haunters. They come with glue and remover! I will have 6 more styles shortly, these were just to show diversity at TW.

Matt Marich
Edge Designs

www.edgedesignsonline.com

bodybagging
05-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Matt, No problem, jump on in, in fact, send me a sample pack and ill apply a couple on some of the attendees at our demo.... of course youll have to send us some literature as well......

The Doctor
05-06-2008, 01:12 PM
I love that Idea. We've talked about acting and scare tactics but have just not thought about makeup application. Thanks.

bodybagging
05-06-2008, 01:28 PM
You can never go wrong with education........

The Doctor
05-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Education.....Because a mind is a terriable thing not to have disected and sitting in a bowl with electrodes attached to it

dr0zombie
05-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Just wondering in what part of MHC this will be happening? I have never been to MHC but I am really thinking of attending this year.

Thanks!

bodybagging
05-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Dr.Zombie you need to be there! MHC is the place to be, for educational seminars, haunt tours, vendors, socializing, everything, we will be conducting our seminar in one of the classrooms....

graystone
05-06-2008, 07:45 PM
New stuff looks awsome. I love it! Save me a couple I will find some use for it! Again Rob it really looks great! You did an awsome job! You have the Shane/Graystone Seal of Approval and you know in this industry thats the same as the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval!!!!! Oh yeah hey Doctor where did you pop in from? Shane Graystone

Infoamtek
05-07-2008, 09:16 AM
I found this You Tube video that will give you a taste of what the boys will be covering.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzplyn5Ik34

bodybagging
05-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanx for the link John...... Silicone is FUN! I expect to see a full room again this year! and if my charming personality isnt enough to get you there early, lets go ahead and throw out that YES as always, Bodybag Entertainment will be giving out 3 door prizes for 3 lucky attendeees!

bodybagging
05-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanx for the link John...... Silicone is FUN! I expect to see a full room again this year! and if my charming personality isnt enough to get you there early, lets go ahead and throw out that YES as always, Bodybag Entertainment will be giving out 3 door prizes for 3 lucky attendeees!

The Doctor
05-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I think I have fallen in love with silicone, poor latex I feel bad leaving her this way but silicone is just so much sexxier. After watching the youtube stuff I am hooked.

Matt Marich
05-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Silicone is fun, I remember my first real girlfriend, Bubbles O'Toole, wait, sorry that's different.

bamasmith
05-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Doc, with a head that big,I promise that you will get to the front of the crowd to see the demonstration.Just kidding,I might need a favor from you later.

bodybagging
05-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Actually we like to put the people with really big heads or over sized hats in the back of the room, sorry Doc.

Infoamtek
05-07-2008, 08:12 PM
It looks like the ones with the biggest heads are doing the seminar. LOL ;)

The Doctor
05-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Noooooooooooo the humanity of it all. Must find way to shrink head and get to front of seminar...anyone know a good South American head hunter?

bamasmith
05-07-2008, 09:13 PM
You know I was kidding! Really,though,we will need your big head at Graystone.You would be a terrible Doc with a head the size of Grapefruit.So forget the South American witch doctor. Does anyone feel a new Capital One commercial here.That would be a great plug-in for Graystone! Shane,get on the phone!!!!

graystone
05-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Well well if it aint my good ole buddy! Grab your boots if you stay here long enough the S**t will get deep my friend! I just hope you can hang! Shane

haunterx
05-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Stay away from the darkside, he's not stable

bodybagging
05-08-2008, 05:26 AM
John I must have gotten my big head from standing next to you at Transworld.... You could have told me that you were a known carrier of the Bigheadededegotisticalsyndrome. I thought the health dept made you register once diagnosed.
But on that note, seriously, with the record crowd at MHC I expect to see standing room only. Not be big headed just going by past experience, AND seeing how its a look at how I
do this type of seminar, it would be in your best interest to be up close and personal. speaking of being up close and persoanl all attendees isitting in the front row will recieve a complimentry BREATH MINT!