PDA

View Full Version : Attention Vendors...

drfrightner
05-09-2008, 05:17 AM
FINALLY... go to the following link

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_suppliers_vendor_directory/index.cfm

You can now create an account for our new industry vendor directory, which will be indexed all over the net, and eventually uploaded to HauntdHouseassociation.org and HauntedHouseSupplies.com

We will expose your business for FREE to THOUSANDS of potential buyers and again ALL FREE!

The system allows you to create blogs, upload videos, photos, links to your site, private email, you name it...

It takes FIVE minutes to set up...

Please list within the next 30 days, because we're about to send out info to about 10,000 potential buyers from amusement parks, to haunt owners, to you name it. It will also be promoted in the magazine, mass emails, direct mail, you name it... all of this is being mailed soon!

So go create your account TODAY!

You can now list your company in multipe sections when signing up.

Larry

SSP
05-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Will there be a way for vendors to collect ratings and things of this nature, or will it be a straight listing? With the difficult events that have taken place on this board in the past weeks, a "buyers guide" might be a good thing to add, if at all possible.

Just a suggestion. I know you are trying hard to keep the bashing and unnecessary comments off this board, but maybe there is a way, through this new directory, to fairly represent a companies doings, both positive and negative if need be?

drfrightner
05-09-2008, 03:30 PM
No you can as a user log onto someones account and leave feedback, however the user of that profile can delete your comments.

Larry

graystone
05-09-2008, 03:32 PM
I could not agree more. We need this in our industry! We need one for buyers to list and we need one for the vendors as well. Its a win win on both teams. Shane

drfrightner
05-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Yes it is win win, because vendors can invite their customers to come onto their profile and LEAVE some positive feedback. I mean think about the account with 50 reviews of products that helps the vendors big time.

Larry

trahancj
05-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Hey, that's a great idea!
;)

drfrightner
05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Again attention vendors...

I've seen about 10 or 12 of you sign up today. But only Monster Tronics uploaded a You Tube video and one other company upload any photos.

There are tabs along the top of your account and you click on those to to change or add photos, videos, add articles, blogs, images like your logo for your company.

Go back and get those added!

Lets go baby!

Larry

shawnc
05-09-2008, 04:43 PM
I don't think that's what he was getting at, but a small buyer's board might be a good idea. You could post something specific you are looking for and sellers could post links to what they have available. I know there have been lots of times where I have needed something and remember coming across it at some point but now have no idea where that was.

graystone
05-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Hold that thought theres something I am brewing what will work for us all. Trust me on this on. I think its going to be a winner. And what I will offer will bring hard working vendors together with buyers who have money and want something to show for their money! EVERYONE WINS AND EVERYONE WILL FEEL GOOD AT THE END OF THE TRANSACTION! Also after the transaction is complete you can post how things went. The rating system will be like you see on ebay, positive,negative, nutural and will only allow 1 post per transaction. Whats everyones thoughts? Hell I am paying for it so give me some good feedback. Shane

drfrightner
05-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Shane,

I think the thread right now is about our new service. So if you don't mind can we keep the comments about that subject. On the other hand I'm not sure vendor would support such a thing after everthing that has happened.

If you have comments about our new system let me know.

As for the other comments I could link directly from there to the exact forum about vendors or whatever. Do you think that is a good idea?

Larry

drfrightner
05-09-2008, 07:01 PM
AGAIN ATTENTION VENDORS...

Click on say the ANIMATION page... you'll see ONLY monstertronics has upload an image / banner next to their listing.

The rest of you have Hauntworld banners.

Go back into your account, and upload these images, these banners and more. You can also add the youtube videos and anything else you want.

Larry

graystone
05-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Looks like I misread the post and what this thread was about. I shall move on. Shane

shawnc
05-09-2008, 09:48 PM
That was my fault too.

drfrightner
05-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Couple more things about the system...

Right now you see all of these HAUNTWORLD banners blinking all over the place. Sometime this weekend I will be swapping those out for vendor banners. Those will not be staying...just fyi.

They're only there for the short term, because something had to be there.

However YOU CAN RIGHT NOW upload your banner next to YOUR listing. Log back into your account and upload an imagine.

LOOK FOR THE TABS across the top of your account and you can add or change more things.

Larry

badlander2000
05-10-2008, 04:59 PM
I think every single vendor no matter how big or small, even retail suppliers should have added an account by a week before MHC. Just so people aren't adding too late and not being able to sell products before the season because MHC is just about the last time to be guaranteed on time production, delivery and use in the haunts so there are no more situations like Scare Parts.

grossparts
05-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I like the sight Larry, we haven't had any problems adding our pictures of our products or our banner. We should be getting some video of peoples reactions to our parts....priceless! I think video is a great idea especially for prodcuts that strive for realism!

Jeff

HauntVentFX
05-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Larry, I asked that you check this out earlier this week....

I was the very first one to post their business under the heading "Haunted Suppliers" and included a banner as well. Others have since added their businesses in that particular section.... Some have appeared above my listing while others appear below it.

What exactly determines the "positioning" of a business in any of the categories? Is it the date when they signed up and added their business in a particular category, or some other reason? If it's when they first signed up and posted their business, then shouldn't mine still be at the top of the list? I was just wondering how things work on this new Directory.

Thanks!

HauntVentFX
05-15-2008, 08:12 AM
A reply to my previous post would be appreciated, Larry.

Thanks!

grossparts
05-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Hi Roy I sent Larry a private message about that very same issue. I don't like the way vendors that just signed up are pushing down the vendors that took the time to get on there right away. Maybe send him a private message to and maybe he will look into it. It doesn't seem fair the way it is right now though.

Also I am glad he or someone made that company with the questionable name change it. I think that sends a bad message and just further makes our industry seem ridiculous, like a carnie sideshow.

Jeff

Gore Galore
05-16-2008, 07:19 AM
I thought we were a Carny Sideshow;)

HauntVentFX
05-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I did send Larry a PM a little over a week ago about this issue and was told that he does agree with this and would look into it.

Nothing against those that signed up after I did (and I was the very first one to put my information in the "Haunted Suppliers" section), but I do agree that those who hopped right on this opportunity earlier should be the ones that show up first on the list.

Or, how about this....

What about a daily rotation? One day, my business could be shown at the top of the list. On the next day, my information drops down one position and whoever was on the bottom of the list the previous day goes up to the top, and so on until the rotation is completed and starts all over again. I think that this would be the fair thing to do so that everyone gets a shot at being the first one as seen by potential customers.

grossparts
05-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Still no answer what about you Roy????

Jeff

HauntVentFX
05-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Nope! Still no reply! I know he's here since he keeps posting for other subjects.

As other suppliers are added, the rest of us get moved "down the list" and eventually even perhaps onto another page where we might not even be seen by the shopping public.

What needs to be done (as I said before) is to be FAIR to everyone. And the only way that I can see this happening is that all listings get rotated, and do so on a regular (daily?) basis. For instance, on one day a particular listing can be found at the very top with everyone else listed under it. On the next day, that banner gets moved to the bottom and the former #2 listing rises up to the #1 position.... and so on. If there is another way to be fair to "everyone" concerned the we would like to know. Any other suggestions out there? But for now, what we really need is communication from the only person that can make this happen.

For those of you who have already posted your listing in the directory (no matter what category), what are your views on this, please?

Thanks!

drfrightner
05-21-2008, 01:07 AM
Sorry...

Here is the deal... I'm not doing anything with it until after we send out our massive mailing to about 400 potential vendors next week. Once there are about 200 listings, which shouldn't take long after the mailing, I'm going to upload all of the banners for magazine advertisers, and adjust everything.

Once there are about 200 vendors listed, with updated profiles and after we have uploaded all the vendor banners over the hauntworld you see blinking over and over again, we will send out about 10,000 letters, and emails to alert the industry about the new service.

Everything is going in steps...right now I'm helping people understand the system. So again after everyone has their profile up we'll work on the rest of the system.

The people who advertise in the magazine will be listed first as featured listings but we don't even had that going yet.

Larry

HauntVentFX
05-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Thanks for your reply!

grossparts
05-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks Larry for the reply. I know it must be a big process rolling out all the new features. I do look forward to seeing the end product and hopefully it will help the haunt owners as well. I know as an owner i had to search the web for all the things I needed. Having a one stop vendor place related to our industry should help us all.

Jeff

HauntVentFX
06-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I am also looking forward to seeing how this new feature will help both our businesses and the haunt industry as a whole. If you would, please keep us advised on how things are progressing on a regular basis.

Thanks!