PDA

View Full Version : Black Light/ need help

SomeThingInTheIce
05-20-2008, 07:21 PM
I need to light a walkway that is about 100' long and about 15' wide. I have a lot of black light tubes but I would like to not have to use 6 to 8 shop lights. Is there a blacklight that can shoot down this walkway and light the whole thing? I keep thinking that theres a blacklight cannon or something like that. Thanks for any info or links.

SomeThingInTheIce
05-20-2008, 07:27 PM
I found a blacklight cannon on the web but all it says is it has a long throw. Has anyone used one and about how much will it light?

icandrawem2
05-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Those blacklights that use mercury-vapor lamps are great for long throw, depending on the reflector. I had my first experience with those last week, and they are very powerful but seem to be a bit concentrated...you will probably need at least one pointing at each wall...But you cant beat em if you wanna try and hide the blacklight source...nothing is worse than walking into a room and seeing those hideous 4' tubes!

Tattoo
05-20-2008, 09:48 PM
We use Elation UV Wash when it comes to our 3-D and Invisibles.

http://www.blacklight.com/items/eluvwash

Hope this helps,

Tattoo

PhantomSW
05-26-2008, 12:34 PM
http://www.cheaplights.com/cart/page19.html#986

Not $149... Only $128....

some times $99 e-bay

When ever I see something on lighting I check the price @ Cheaplights.com and it's almost always less... and Fog stuff!!!

SomeThingInTheIce
05-26-2008, 12:38 PM
I like the looks of that flood, thanks PhantomSW

RJ Productions
05-26-2008, 12:57 PM
YOu still may need at least two or your effect could be washed out by the end.
But two lights beats a row of shop lights!!

Have you checked into the new LED black light units???
They are getting better and better and the prices are finally dropping.

damon carson
05-28-2008, 09:20 AM
You can buy a panel of led's that are black light from Chauvet. Im not sure how much it is but its pretty awesome. It strobes and everything. And we all know how bright led's are.
Damon