PDA

View Full Version : New Reality show to air late sept! America's Haunted House!

sophisticatedterror
06-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Hey all, just thought I would share the email that myself and the nine others recieved this weekend as the network has finally decided casting for the new show that some of you may have heard about here recently or not, it was kept on the low for a while as we did not know if the network was going to go through with this after casting.. You can post on this thread to talk about it, but the info is slim at this point..we will let you know when we know more....thanks

The sci-fi channel has announced after months of research and consulting that they will air : America's Haunted House starting in late Sept. The network has chosen the most elite designers, make-up artists, prop makers and actors in the industry. To create America's best Haunted House in ten weeks, and open it to the public!
Ten Haunted attraction professionals living under one roof, to create the most Haunting attraction anyone has ever seen! Will they be able to design, and construct this beast in under ten weeks before the doors open to the public? Or will their in-different personalities clash, making their project fail. Be sure to watch Sept 2008 as America's Haunted House will be unveiled!

Eddie Dupuy started out as a home haunter for 10 years, and moved to the professional and commercial level two years ago. Now running his attraction the Chamer Of Horrors. Bringing with him his knowledge of running the buisness side of a haunted attraction and scenic design to the house.

Jackie Steinert is the freshman of the group, she has only been in the
haunt industy for a year and a half now. She focusus mainly on acting skills and costume and character creation. She brings, wit, sarcasm, and wry humor to the house.

Jon Frost is a Haunted house magician and hopes to bring his
knowledge of magic and illusion to this house for an ultimate experience.

Ken Van Ness has been working with metal and building props for
as long as he can remember. Also the owner of prop building company, boo crew production.

Rob Johnson has run his own prop company Body Baggin for a
number of years. he brings his knowledge of makeup and props to the house.

Kale Hamel has been in the industry for 8 years. Designing props, haunts, and animations for haunts around the states. Owner of Sophisticated Terror Productions, and haunted attraction owner for five years.

Scott "tater" Lynd has been acting in the haunted house industry for 16 years and now travels across the globe hired by numerous professional haunted attractions, hes seen it all and brings his 16 years of acting to the house.

Jonathan Shroyer has been working in the haunted house industry for the past 9 years as a sculptor and special fx artist specializing in prosthetics, makeup, and prop design.

Deborah Haire has owned and acted in a haunted house for 5 years also doing the special effects makeup for all of their actors

Jim Warfield
06-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I want to wish everyone on this list the best of luck, I hope it all becomes a great time for you.
It seems to offer such potential.
If I was on this list I would choose to vote myself "Off the Island".
Egos may be flying high now but they may not be as this unfolds and as the finished product is in the can.
I have had a few good experiences with this sort of thing, some so-so experiences and some very bad to disappointing experiences which made me wonder why I even gave them the time of day?
And no, it is not necesarrily "what you make it", others will be in control of how you will be made to look with editing, close-ups , ex cetra.
As soon as you sign over your rights and filming begins they usually change their phone numbers where you can reach them...think I'm kidding?
Read what you are signing.
If you think that you can have a copy of their show and show it in your haunted house this will probably not be the case on their form. Cross out what you don't want to sign, re-write what you want and sign it, this is what I was instructed to do so I could legally show a copy of the HG-TV show I was on.
They had the nicest crew and people to work with as did "Wild Chicago".
I'm not mentioning the "other" group by name.
There can be some real "Stinkers" out there......

Tater
06-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Im Glad someone broke the silence Kale and informed the people..Glad to be a part of it with you and some of the others

badass
06-01-2008, 11:50 PM
the world is a changing place...

with all the pr last year..

scarefactorys show..

and this reality show...

means ya better be ready for a kick ass year!!!!!.....Hell Yeah

lurker
06-02-2008, 12:25 AM
That is great! I always imagined that the haunted house industry was a little too esoteric for a mainstream reality show. I can’t wait to see it. I hope it blows American Idol out of the water! Or, at least rate higher than the Flavor of Love. :-D

Jim Warfield
06-02-2008, 02:20 AM
The Wild Chicago" show I was on was shown at least 35 times over a three year period. Every time it was shown, my phone would ring more.
The HG-TV show "Extreme Homes" was shown for years, all around the country, once again, I would get calls, sometimes from former Mt. Carroll residents now living in far away, exotic places like, Iowa.
It was once beamed from an arts & entertainment station in Germany into France and they had dubbed me speaking French!
Another German plot to undermine the French culture.
It's 1940 all over again!
(But will the French surender in time?)
"The Bosch sends us Americans pretending to speak French!"

Barry
06-02-2008, 06:08 AM
LMAO!! Kale, you need to lay off those margaritas.

hauntedhousenut
06-02-2008, 06:58 AM
But according to what this says: The sci-fi channel has announced after months of research and consulting that they will air : America's Haunted House starting in late Sept. The network has chosen the most elite designers, make-up artists, prop makers and actors in the industry.

I disagree with the list on having chosen the most elite, there are some that shouldn't be on there, and it also seems to made up mostly of Ohio and Michigan people, was there some sort of tryout or were these people on the list all picked by themselves?

graystone
06-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Getem Nut LOL! All I can say is why not put me in the mix of Drama I can attract the numbers its proven here! Put me in there and we will move from Sci-fi to NBC, CBS, or ABC I can assure you that! Bring on Insane Shane!!!!!!!!! Also Congratulations to all of you and not to take away from any of you but where is all the Larry's, Ben's, Lennords, of the bunch at? Lets open this up for discussion. Again Congrats to the Bunch! Shane

Slain
06-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Never heard of any of these people...

UnDeRTaKer313
06-02-2008, 09:14 AM
thats the sweetest freaking idea ever,
wow im excited to see this already
gonna be sweet,
got to agree by some of the peoples descriptions there could of choosen better people
but its all good still gonna kick ass

Jim Warfield
06-02-2008, 09:19 AM
"Could have chosen better people?"
How do you know? Have you taste-tested each one of them all ready?
OK, some might need the help of some sweet sauce, but....

SinisterControls
06-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Excellent! My hats off to all involved. Best of luck.

Killer Katie
06-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Wow - Elite is a strong word. How about "lucky bastards" - how did they hear about the auditions? Knowing personalities, in general, of haunters - there is a lot of egomania and I smell conflict, beers, and drama. I hope they have a confession room tee hee hee! Good luck to you all!!

drfrightner
06-02-2008, 10:30 PM
That should be a fun show to watch!!!

Larry

hauntedhousenut
06-03-2008, 12:25 AM
lol, you're right on the money as far as elite goes, look at the list, I would like too see evryone on that list claim themselves to be elite! lol

spookologist
06-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Who's got time to watch anything in late September? Better tivo it and watch it in November.

Tater
06-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Hahaha i dont claim to be anything even elite...but on the good news i did get a rough edit of my preshow talking and will post it here very soon. Remember this is just a very rough edit, so you can see the green screen behind me and flashs everyonce in awhile.

screamline studios
06-03-2008, 12:47 AM
The flashes you see waffle crotch is the withering , pruned up, concaved eyes of yours...Just thought i would thow that out there.....

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

screamline studios
06-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Just kidding! tater..........

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Tater
06-03-2008, 01:06 AM
haha its all good im sure ill get alot of stuff from this video

hauntedhousenut
06-03-2008, 01:32 AM
congrats my forum friend

Tater
06-03-2008, 02:19 AM
Woqs--VEtjU

there is the very rough edit of the video i promised..to answer some questions...Yes thats a remote in my hand...No tattoo is not opening another haunt in Wisconsin i meant to say Boston....like i said before not sure if they are going to use this...to me it just sounds like babble

drfrightner
06-03-2008, 04:36 AM
Yeah I would have to agree with the person who said 'lucky bastards' over 'elite'. Hard to say who is elite and who isn't in this business... I guess it comes down to the eye of the beholder. Who knows who can do the best job, maybe this group will do an elite job or maybe what they do will suck to high heaven...who knows and that is why you do the show.

I will tell you my concern if you want to hear my two cents... if you do a terrible job, and the show markets this group as the ELITE the best of the best, and it comes out looking like well something from the 80's, or cheesy, this could give the entire industry a black eye.

When you talk about ELITE haunted houses you talk about 13th Gate, as an example...who just to open for Hauntcon spents tens of thousand of dollars worked 18 hours a day with a real elite crew, and worked his ass off for four months and probably still didn't get it done.

Everyone who went to Hauntcon said...wow this place is breathtaking. Those who went to Rocky Point haunted house would say UNREAL, or Netherworld drops the jaws. These are the types of haunts we want exposed to national media, because they make us ALL LOOK GOOD!

Yes we all don't have the budgets of Netherworld, or the skilled crews of 13th Gate, or the endless amounts of square feet to work with as a Beast or Edge of Hell, but you can get there, but being ELITE doesn't come over night and it takes a lot of experience and hard work, and well lots of mistakes to learn from.

You don't build a breathtaking haunted house in whatever weeks, it takes years. You also don't build breathtaking on a shoestring budget either, again it takes years of piling on top of what you already have to get there.

I am not taking ANY SHOTS at anyone on this group, but do they come together, work together to build an ELITE haunted house, in such a short time span that makes out industry look good, shows the country what level our industry is at. I'm not saying any one of these guys can't do that over the course of a year, with the right location, budget, importantly with the right plan. But here you have different people, different idea's all with different levels of experience. Who knows what they do and in the end does it mock what is really going on or showcase how great we all are.

In some ways this show could be dangerous to our industry, if it undoes all the great things we've accomplished with national exposure. For starters I wouldn't sell yourselves as the ELITE haunt designers, but rather 10 guys all with different idea's, trying to build a haunt.

Bottom line is this... if you're going to do this remember whatever you do is representing everyone even if what you do sucks to high heaven. If what you do sucks, we all suck, if what you do is great we're all great. If you guys look like idiots that do nothing but curse at each other, then you make us all look like idiots who curse at each other, especially if you sell yourselves off as the ELITE haunt designers.

If you sell yourselves off like that and this is how SCI FI markets this thing then you're representing an entire industry, not yourself, and that is a heavy burden to bear. Just remember that!

Not trying to be negative, or splash water on your parade, it's just the facts... so if you guys really do this, I will say make EVERYONE look professional and build an incredible haunted house and make an entire industry look like we deserve the national attention!

One last thing if the ships starts sinking and you won't make your deadlines get over here on Hauntworld and call in the reinforcements!!! LOL

GOOD LUCK! We're counting on it!

Larry

PS: I really like the idea of a magic person involved, will be interesting to see what he comes up with! I think that is the best or most interesting mix to your list just because it is so different.

drfrightner
06-03-2008, 04:53 AM
Shane said something about having myself, Leonard and Ben and some others design a haunt... I can tell you on that one nothing would ever get done, because I could never see myself and Leonard agreeing on what makes an awesome haunted house, like ever. It would be funny, because little would ever get done...LOL.

I think Ben and myself could build a haunted house together just fine, we think a lot a like. But myself and Leonard, yeah that might make for good television but the end product, ahhhhhh wellllll ummmmm, I could just never see myself doing the vacuum cleaner scare, or whatever else he likes to do.

Good tv yes, good haunted house him and myself working together NO!

What a riot that show would be!

Larry

graystone
06-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Call someone you and Lennord would do great! All Chiefs and no Indians! Better yet put my ass in their I am sure I could add to the mix. I think by the end of the show you and Lennord would become lovers and I would be laughing my ass off! OH yeah why did you remove my post and the others Larry? Is it because were Whities? Shane

professornightmare
06-03-2008, 09:06 AM
...in a haunt build show around the same time.......can't say and it's not my paranormal show but you aint seen "nutting" yet! ;)

Slain
06-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Shane said something about having myself, Leonard and Ben and some others design a haunt... I can tell you on that one nothing would ever get done, because I could never see myself and Leonard agreeing on what makes an awesome haunted house, like ever. It would be funny, because little would ever get done...LOL.

I think Ben and myself could build a haunted house together just fine, we think a lot a like. But myself and Leonard, yeah that might make for good television but the end product, ahhhhhh wellllll ummmmm, I could just never see myself doing the vacuum cleaner scare, or whatever else he likes to do.

Good tv yes, good haunted house him and myself working together NO!

What a riot that show would be!

Larry
That shit would never work. Leonard spoke to us about his idea a few years back and for some reason he think the most important thing is through put! He is so wrong and if that is what this industry thinks they are wrong. Through put is fun and you need it to survive but it is no way to run a haunt. I've been in this buisness since the late 80's and I've seen people concerned about how many people they have put through and how much money they had made. That may work for a year or two but the reputation of giving people what they want and leaving feeling that they got their monies worth is what counts. We love each year turning people away on those busy weekends. It's the old studio 54 thing. They will be back because we give the customer something great. Have you ever been to a resterant and just walked in.. You wonder what the health rating is. You want to go somewhere where it is busy and feel that it's worth waiting on.
That's what this industry needs to look toward. But for Larry and Leonard I hate to tell you that you hav'nt figured it out.
I thinks its great doing a show about the industry but it takes years to build a reputation. It's not an over night thing.

Jim Warfield
06-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Larry, If a reality show about haunters turns out to be poor television doesn't the guy with the camera or the editing machine usually get the negative criticism?
being able to tell an interesting story for the camera is another art fairly well separated from the subjects who happen to be in front of the lens.
The haunted house venue really usually doesn't translate well to the screen unless you have a very expensive film crew and someone who really knows what they are trying to do, again blame or credit falling upon the film person.
If I had a close up and I was picking my nose, would this reflect badly upon all other haunters? I don't think so.
I did learn to stay out of Harley shops watching this kind of TV.
I don't always "duck" fast enough when an idiot throws parts for little or no reason.
(I watched that show once or twice, enough BS for me)

lurker
06-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Bottom line is this... if you're going to do this remember whatever you do is representing everyone even if what you do sucks to high heaven. If what you do sucks, we all suck, if what you do is great we're all great. If you guys look like idiots that do nothing but curse at each other, then you make us all look like idiots who curse at each other, especially if you sell yourselves off as the ELITE haunt designers.

...But please, don't feel like you are under any pressure. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! lol

Mutant Space Gerbil
06-03-2008, 12:03 PM
I am a home haunter with dreams and ambitions of becoming a successful as Larry and Ben. That sounds like hero worship but it is in fact me recognizing their accomplishments. A business is hard enough to start, but when you are starting a business that a good portion of the population finds distasteful it is all the harder.
My concern is that if the right people dont do this show that it will cast all of us large and small in a bad light. I am a store manager for a large retailer and I know how much that even minor negative publicity can effect sales. If we are honestly concerned than maybe we should express those concerns to the scifi channel. This is not an attack piece on those chosen but I think the top haunters should have been given the oppurtunity.

hauntedhousenut
06-03-2008, 12:22 PM
My sentiments exact, Congrats to all that have been chosen, however if they were going for elite, they passed up on many with much more skills and talent, like I said earlier there's a few names there that are worthy.

damon carson
06-03-2008, 12:41 PM
I always thought the beer in the refrigerator gag of leonards was funny! Ya I said funny NOT SCARY!
Damon

Darkangel
06-03-2008, 01:00 PM
I think it might be better to stay away from the top haunters for the simple fact that haunts as big and good as theirs really do not represent the industry to be honest. The average 'good" pro haunt is simply good enough for the average guest and they do well. The big or mega haunts are few and far between and some might argue are too over done and not as scary as they are realistic looking in their design.

By showing some of these other guys it relates to the wider majority of haunters or would be haunters than to single out the few elites. One thing that has to be remembered is to have a great haunt takes hard work, creativity and a good crew but a lot of it is luck too. Some markets do not have warehouse buildings to lease or rent, family owned open land, large vacant buildings and things like that. They are not in Northern VA I can tell you that. Developers buy up all avalable spaces and some people cannot see it to deal with a haunter for leasing space. Many of you have large ideal locations and you are allowed to grow your haunts into something incredible. I'm sure on this board alone if they had the building the few lucked in to their show would just as good or maybe better.

I for one am looking forward to seeing this show...

Darkangel

graystone
06-03-2008, 01:15 PM
I totally agree with you both there is really nothing I can add to what has been said. Shane

lurker
06-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Lets face it, no matter who got tapped to be in this show there would be someone here to bitch and moan about it. If it had been Larry, Ben and Jesus Christ someone would have had a complaint. Maybe the people that got on the show where selected cause they don’t spend so much time bitching and moaning, but rather working different angles of the haunt biz.
If this show airs, good or bad, it can benefit us all. One way I can think of right off the top of my head is the fact that there will be an hour every week in September/October that people interested in haunted houses will be watching the Sci-fi channel. What a great time slot to have your local cable channel air commercials for your haunted house.
Lets think of ways this can be utilized for our benefit, rather than tossing sour grapes.

Slain
06-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I am a home haunter with dreams and ambitions of becoming a successful as Larry and Ben. That sounds like hero worship but it is in fact me recognizing their accomplishments. A business is hard enough to start, but when you are starting a business that a good portion of the population finds distasteful it is all the harder.
My concern is that if the right people dont do this show that it will cast all of us large and small in a bad light. I am a store manager for a large retailer and I know how much that even minor negative publicity can effect sales. If we are honestly concerned than maybe we should express those concerns to the scifi channel. This is not an attack piece on those chosen but I think the top haunters should have been given the oppurtunity.

Wow you must not have high expectations of yourself. You need to look beyond these type sites. Go to some of these so called great haunts and haunters and see for yourself what they have and what they don't..
Looking up to people because they have a site dedicated to the haunt industry doesn't mean that they have a great haunt it simply means that their mother took them off breastfeeding to early. Be yourself, do it your way not the way the others do it. This is what will make you a better haunter...
Why copy..... Invent it!!

graystone
06-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I just fell out of my chair and spit my drink across the room LOL !!!!! Also HauntedHouseNut if you see this get on line tonight we got to tallk I heard something and want to know the truth! Lurker I myself love to hear the bitching,drama,bigheads,and big egos I think this is a great mix for some great hell rasin!!!!!Shane

drfrightner
06-03-2008, 02:34 PM
This is one thing I can agree with everyone on here...

You're 110% correct no matter who they would pick, even if it was the real percieved elite from this industry, people would still say NO IT IS NOT, WHAT ABOUT SO AND SO...

You're correct very correct!

I think every single person on this list brings something cool to the table and it will be interesting to see what they can create. And yes I also am looking forward to seeing it.

However when you use statements like 'Build America's Best Haunted House in 10 weeks with the most ELITE crew...". Well that is dangerous for our industry.

Because YOU WILL NOT build America's BEST haunted house, and I don't care what crew you get. That would be a slap in the face to all those haunts out there that spends YEARS and YEARS to actually create one of America's best haunted houses. 13th Gate has an ELITE crew and it took them months and months, just to get an aready AWESOME haunted house ready for Hauntcon, and he didn't have to build walls,pass fire codes, and all that stuff that takes a lot of time to do.

He was simply making the place look MORE AWESOME, and it took him 18 hours a day, with a crew of 10 people a day for several months just to make those simple IMPROVEMENTS to his attraction for Hauntcon.

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL... ANYONE can build the best haunted house with a crew of 10 in 10 weeks that will compare with what this industry has already et as a standard as being one of the best. It is just not possible.

My only concern is simply, that when you throw around statements like that you could send the wrong message to a national audience that what you are doing is the GOLD standard for our industry, which it will not be.

I think most people laugh and call people on reality shows fools, and morons for all the stupid stuff they do... but yes it is good tv and people keep watching.

No one isn't saying this won't be good tv, or that it might not be good for our industry, because it probably will, but only if we're repesenting correctly, and what you're creating is what it is...

If you say you are creating AMERICAS best haunted house with the MOST ELITE group of designers, then that is how this show will reflect on an entire industry.

As I said before what a burden to bear!

In the end this could make us all look like ROCK STARS or make us all look like a second rate industry. I'm only interestd in the ROCK STAR side... so as I said don't hesitate to bring in the reinforcements if you won't make your deadline.

Hell that could be a great thing to add to the show...

YOU ACTUALLY CAN NOT build one of America's best haunted houses in that short period so you had to bring in more people... because in REALITY that is how it all end up for ANY haunted house... at the last minute you have to bring in every warm body! LOL

Again I say MAKE US LOOK GOOD!

Larry

drfrightner
06-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Slain,

Yes I know Leonard thinks the most important thing is thru put, and yes I agree with you he's 110% wrong. He doesn't know what he's talking about in my opinion on just about everything.

Actually he's right...he needs to design his haunts for through put, meaning to ATTRACT some through put because all the haunts he does seem to bomb because no one goes through.

You have to design a show that will attract large crowds, and when desiging a haunt yes you want the people to be able to get through it, but his washed up idea's of having a big giant circle in the middle of a maze so one actor can scare everyone is well I shake my head.

We all know people want realism, lots of scary actors, Hollywood set design, special effects and more.

At Creepyworld last year we shoved through 4,500 people in one night, and that was through FOUR MAJOR attractions, and one being a hayride. You don't have to sacrifice details and scares for through put...

It is an absurd notion.

Getting myself and Leonard building a haunt together would never work!!! EVER!

What would be a better show is a Haunter Build Off... he is on one side of the street and we're on the other. We'd kick his assssssssssss....brother! LOL

Now I would do that show in a heartbeat!

Larry

Slain
06-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Larry,
Leonard and my guys almost come to blows one night in Chicago. (I think he did get punched by someone that night.. some chick)
Anywho back in 2001 we drove through Louisiana, Texas to see the best of the best, we found one thing in common with most of those haunts. They were cool with the pyrotechnics animatronics and such but you know we found one thing. All of the end result was the trough put. No only were they bad, these at the time were some of the top rated haunts in the US. So when you here me say that the top 13 haunts needs to be rated by people that has actually gone through these events you'll know why.
Don't get me wrong we saw some good things in our drive but when it was all over we new what we didn't want to do. We didn't want to build something that people would say sucked just to make a buck....Get out haunters and see what is out there. Some of the smaller haunts are better than most of the large commercial events.

graystone
06-03-2008, 03:41 PM
This is for sure one of thoes double bladed knives!!!Damed if you do and Damed if you dont. All I know is I am sure these guys will put their best effort into it or atleast I hope they do. Two of the guys I know the others I dont know them from a rat's ass. And I can tell you for years I have worked on haunted houses as far as Graystone goes its almost a daily thing in making it the best it can be. I just dont see how it can be the best in 10 weeks. Maybe they should call the show. ''So You Want To Bulid A Haunted House'' and show the world what you can do in 10 weeks while the whole time you stress how much more it could be with months of hard work. Again can Shane get an Amen or get anyone to agree with me? Also Slain is exactly right in his points I know this bunch on a personal leval and I can tell you that they for sure dont skimp on the haunt just for the extra traffic flow!

Mutant Space Gerbil
06-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Wow you must not have high expectations of yourself. You need to look beyond these type sites. Go to some of these so called great haunts and haunters and see for yourself what they have and what they don't..
Looking up to people because they have a site dedicated to the haunt industry doesn't mean that they have a great haunt it simply means that their mother took them off breastfeeding to early. Be yourself, do it your way not the way the others do it. This is what will make you a better haunter...
Why copy..... Invent it!!
Wait a minute I said I respected and wanted to be as SUCESSFUL. That is I am setting a goal and striving to achieve it. If one thing can be said about a something in the ice production is that we are original. You wont find any @%# clowns with chainsaws or any other cheesy crap. Its themed its storied and it is over the top. Here are a few more for the list: Jim Warfield Master entertainer and story teller ( I dont think I have ever be as genuinely scared as when I went on his tour. Half-way through I thought he might actually be off his rocker. The woman from rocky point (forgive me I cant remeber her name) her attention to detail was amazing and I say hers because the decisions reseted with her if she didnt like it it didnt get done.,

drfrightner
06-03-2008, 04:55 PM
That actually brings up a good point... what kind of scenes best reflect our industry. A lot of the haunts you see today are just a little of this and a little of that... which I would NEVER DO MYSELF!

I don't believe in having a clown scene, then a jail, then a mansion and them something gory. I like ONE THEME throughout the show unless the story line of the attraction allows for it... like 13th Gate, its 13 different themes.

But most haunts don't have a theme like that soooooo....why do people do it I don't know, lack of idea's or creativity who knows. But I think most haunts today are creating an entire theme and sticking to it.

Larry

Mutant Space Gerbil
06-03-2008, 05:44 PM
MTV's "SUREAL LIFE" enough said

graystone
06-03-2008, 06:15 PM
2 more Atrox in Leeds and Graystone Manor in Killen both in Alabama and you will not see any Michael Myers, any Leather Face's ect, or bull like that we both have running theams Atrox An Insane Factory Thats Over The Top and Graystone Manor centers around a Doctor turned Mortician in the early 1900's in rual Alabama. Shane

SomeThingInTheIce
06-03-2008, 06:52 PM
I don't mind that you are doing a reality show, I mean no thinks the people on "Survivor" are survivalist but are you the elite? I have never even heard of you guys. This has bad PR written all over it, I hope that things go well but there are only two ways this can go. Wickedly awsome and horrorble wrong with the latter having the greater odds.

SomeThingInTheIce
06-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Having time to think about this I have come up with something. SciFi is owned by NBC/Universal and they have this halloween thing called "Halloween Horror Nights". Is it that you all will be coming up with ideas in your area of experience and then a army of carpenters, electrictions, painters, ect, ect comes in and does what you tell them? Like that show that remodels peoples homes. If that is the case I could see you building a kick a$$ haunt in the short time given. I'm starting to think that they will not let you fail because scifi and horror fans are their base and they will want you to deliver to them, what ever the case good luck we are all counting on you.

Killer Katie
06-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I think that some of these guys should get on here and defend themselves! i know Geoff Beck and Rob Johnson aren't shy! How did you guys hear about this and what are your thoughts???? Are you going to bring shame and dishonor to the industry - or make it shine like a new penny??? LOL I say this out of love and jealousy ha!

Tater
06-03-2008, 09:05 PM
I bring nothing to the table katie....you know that...and as for Geoff and Rob they are stuck trying to figure out how to work a keyboard lol

stafford
06-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Is this going to be a sci-fi original production, or is another company producing it for sci-fi? Was there an actual casting call posted somewhere? Any info on the sci-fi website yet?

At any rate, congrats to all on the show, best of luck to ya, any show bringing attention to haunted houses is of course good pr for the industry. Looking forward to seeing it, hate to admit it, but kinda a reality show junkie, they're like train wrecks, you can't help but look.

Chris

Speculo
06-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Re: Good Haunted Houses -

Ultimately if you have a good haunted house and you live in a well populated area you will ultimately have through put issues -

There are three obvious answers -

1) Increase your throughput (Flow/Quality Issues)
2) Make them wait 3+ hours ( Parking/ This BETTER be good!/Lost Business)
3) Time Ticket them (Hold lots of people on site, Parking, Lost Business)

How you do any of these and still have happy customers really points to the quality of your event.

As far as if you have a great show or not we all know that no critic in this industry or in the media really can say how good your show is, what they experience is a snap shot, a slice of what you do. The truth is found in one thing. Word of mouth of your guests.

I would say if you are growing your business every year, especially dramatically you are doing great! If you are stagnant or declining you have some problems.

You have a few things that will keep you from growing -

1) A chokepoint - ( Bad throughput, bad location, poor population, too much competition)

2) Poor Marketing

3) Show Quality

4) External Forces ( Weather, Sports, etc.)

You can NEVER get full of yourself and think that you have it all figured out, you always have to move forward full force and evolve and change and improve. You must always watch and listen to your customers - They and only they are the ultimate judges.

At least in my opinion!

Thanks!

Slain
06-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Ben if you don't mind me asking what is your attendance at your haunt in October? Based on the size of your haunt, what is a good night (patron) wise that you feel comfortable putting through?

Speculo
06-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Are you the guys from Atrox in Birmingham? Email me and we can discuss. If so I have heard that is a real cool show, I need to get over there.

speculo@comcast.net

Thanks!

Speculo
06-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Also for the sake of the discussion and in a general sense, every year we become more comfortable putting through larger amounts of folks. Years ago it got really not fun a certain levels, but you just keep adapting. The last few years we worked a great deal on refining the operational aspects with all of the standard methods, camera systems, more trained and orgainized staff more signage, etc.
Of course the greatest challenge is to keep evolving the show to still work at peak attendence and growing the staff to accomodate the guests.

Since we are open almost every night in October, the way the show runs varies greatly from day to day and week to week, but we prepare based on previous years and it works out pretty well.

Parking was once a huge issue, I thought an insurmountable bottleneck, but people just started parking a long way away and walking, so it sort of solved itself.

The peak nights are always a challenge as we all know - but the energy on those nights and the thrill of it makes it worth the work!

We are actually beginning to research the timed ticketing concept, it might be a way to even things out, but I don't know yet. What we do seems to work for us, I am sure there are many ways to go.

How do the rest of you handle peak nights? Do you Time Ticket, Run Multi Hour lines, or speed up the show?

Thanks!

UndeadProd
06-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Timed entry is definitely the way of the future, but I think that the transition from general admission to timed-entry is always going to be a tricky thing... albeit just for the season when you decide to make the change.

Here in Pittsburgh, I know that more and more cultural events are making the change and they have all experienced growing pains (people getting a ticket for 2pm but coming at 10am anyway, overselling too many tickets for a certain time, etc) ... yet, they have all said it was worth the hassle in the end.

As more non-Halloween events start doing this, and thus educating the public, I think it will get easier for haunts to start offering timed ticketing... but it definitely requires a thorough understanding of your own haunt's throughput. I'm sure we'll make the change eventually, but not this year.

One thing we did learn is that even on slower nights, we still run the groups through relatively close together. At first, on slow nights, we would hold customers for longer at the entrance to increase the gaps between groups ... but we found that the long gaps really impacted our actors' energy levels. It's much easier for our cast to maintain their energy and enthusiasm with short bursts than with too much stop-start-stop-start rhythm

Tater
06-04-2008, 11:53 PM
hey guys

Took the video and tinkered around alil bit for an edited copy...just acouple of things changed but it makes it look better

X5LH4YaH7xU

geckofx
06-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I think some of the responses have been rather childish to say the least. So many people including some big ones, Larry, are obviously upset they didn't get chosen for this gig and are trying in a rather transparent way to express that without actually saying it. Grow up, it's a friggin reality TV show here kids. I am happy as crap for Eddie and the rest of the guys but don't act like your stuff is better than theirs. It's silly and retarded. This is not a professional industry, never has been, never will be. There just isn't enough money in it. And hell yes 10 weeks is more than enough, WAY more than enough. Do you think these guys are going to drive every nail in the place. This is TV kids, they'll be leading a crew here. And no it doesn't have to meet your silly little theories, or ideas or any of the things you all seem to think matters. It has to entertain people and get exposure. If it sucks, who cares. If it's great, who cares. Be happy for the guys, laugh at the silly antics that will go on and move on with your life. Hurt the industry, are you out of your mind. You think the average joe is even going to see this thing. It's going to be a small market at best. You silly silly people you.

And as long as I'm being pissy lets talk about throughput of those southern haunts someone was pathetically making an attempt to bash. You have no idea what goes on here or what we are dealing with. The big boys down here know exactly what they are doing and have it exactly where we want it. Don't even bother to attempt to try and throw your two sense in unless you have some kind of idea of what the reality of the business model being followed is.

Speculo
06-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Yes..any haunter willing to give up 10 weeks in peak build season for our amusement should be applauded. 10 full weeks ..these guys are quiting jobs, school...putting haunts on hold, leaving friends and family....I know a few of em and I find that time table very... curious.

I think this interesting thread has gotten a lot of play, maybe more than was originally suspected. I think however it won't go where most of us thought it would when it was first posted. I think maybe some of the more inquisitive Hauntworld regulars should do some snooping, and report back....

Re The Throughput posts - GeckoFX - I don't know if you are defending me or unhappy with my posts - or talking about some other posts - I can't tell - but I completely agree that every successful event may have a different way of dealing with the curse/blessing of doing well - bigger crowds. I was trying to block out the ways I can see to deal with the issue and sort of laying out what we do. The topic seemed to fit with some of the earlier posts about larger haunts and throughput. If it was found to be offensive it was not the goal.

It is an evolving process no doubt, I know in this as in all areas of haunting, there can always room to learn, grow and innovate.

Personally I would like to hear others tell about how they handle this issue, I have gone to Busch Gardens Hallowscream and Universal Halloween Horror Nights to study this very topic, because it is a tough one.

Thanks

Jim Warfield
06-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Timed tickets requires pre-planning to a degree , but how many people show up on impulse?
Younger people seem more impulsive, just hop in the car, go for that drive.
You have to leave some room for the impulsive customers to get in every hour.
We benfited greatly by requiring many people(People for whom time or driving and waiting is a definate issue) to get advanced reservations by sending us a check at least a week in advance, we can have their tickets counted in the envelope with their name on it, co change to make, they go right in.
Of course for some reason almost everyone coming here is always 15 minutes late? (Something to do with the curvature of the earth?)
My best answer here to maintain quality of the show and keep impressing the customers is to be open year-round, spread that October crowd out over the entire year.
Sometimes I do have to draw comparisons with this entertainment and other entertainment venues to remind the customer that they have to show up on time and behave while the performance is underway and sometimes just like a Broadway play, we can't always begin over again just for you.
This place has numerous "bottlenecks" that help kill "Throughput", I just strive to make those bottlenecks as diferent and entertaining as I can.

Slain
06-08-2008, 01:15 PM
I think some of the responses have been rather childish to say the least. So many people including some big ones, Larry, are obviously upset they didn't get chosen for this gig and are trying in a rather transparent way to express that without actually saying it. Grow up, it's a friggin reality TV show here kids. I am happy as crap for Eddie and the rest of the guys but don't act like your stuff is better than theirs. It's silly and retarded. This is not a professional industry, never has been, never will be. There just isn't enough money in it. And hell yes 10 weeks is more than enough, WAY more than enough. Do you think these guys are going to drive every nail in the place. This is TV kids, they'll be leading a crew here. And no it doesn't have to meet your silly little theories, or ideas or any of the things you all seem to think matters. It has to entertain people and get exposure. If it sucks, who cares. If it's great, who cares. Be happy for the guys, laugh at the silly antics that will go on and move on with your life. Hurt the industry, are you out of your mind. You think the average joe is even going to see this thing. It's going to be a small market at best. You silly silly people you.

And as long as I'm being pissy lets talk about throughput of those southern haunts someone was pathetically making an attempt to bash. You have no idea what goes on here or what we are dealing with. The big boys down here know exactly what they are doing and have it exactly where we want it. Don't even bother to attempt to try and throw your two sense in unless you have some kind of idea of what the reality of the business model being followed is.

I very much know what the reality of this buisness is... That's just it there is no model and I will assure you Leaonard Pickel has no clue. So go bang your head against a brick wall and come back when you hae some sense.....

graystone
06-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Looks like Slain has bitch slaped someene back to reality! LMAO oh yeah its Shane! Insane Shane to some!

Jim Warfield
06-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Will this "Bitch Slapping" be followed as it is traditionally , you drag her back into the cave and start all over again?
"Film at 11?"

hauntedhousenut
06-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Larry,
Leonard and my guys almost come to blows one night in Chicago. (I think he did get punched by someone that night.. some chick)
Anywho back in 2001 we drove through Louisiana, Texas to see the best of the best, we found one thing in common with most of those haunts. They were cool with the pyrotechnics animatronics and such but you know we found one thing. All of the end result was the trough put. No only were they bad, these at the time were some of the top rated haunts in the US. So when you here me say that the top 13 haunts needs to be rated by people that has actually gone through these events you'll know why.
Don't get me wrong we saw some good things in our drive but when it was all over we new what we didn't want to do. We didn't want to build something that people would say sucked just to make a buck....Get out haunters and see what is out there. Some of the smaller haunts are better than most of the large commercial events.

You and your guys almost came to blows with leonard,(or are you just saying to make Larry happy) that's comical, isnt Leonard kinda a wuss, and YOU BRAG ABOUT THIS. Bwahahahahahaha

geckofx
06-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Ben I was defending you among the rest of us down here. I think they way you work your lines is great given what you've got to work with there.

So Slain, why don't you balls up, name the Haunted Houses you went through and thought the throughput sucked and then enlighten the rest of the world as to how you would do things differently? In fact, even better yet, why don't you just not say anything, that way you'll embarrass yourself less.

Look at your market, your show, your customers, and the logistics of what you need and go from there right? No model will fit everyone, nor will there ever be an ideal. Tour guides, free walk, large groups, small groups, all kinda depends on what you're doing right?

It's ok buddy, you can admit to yourself that you saw us down here, realized you could never pull off what we are doing and needed to do something different. It's really ok. Just don't bother me with your childish crap.

Wooo go Eddy!!!!!!!!!

Kevin Dells
06-09-2008, 04:50 AM
Seriously i wish i would have been picked! Reality TV huh knowing myself all to well i would have been the Richard Hatch of the group working night and day probably in a diaper or miniskirt just for the shock and awe of public veiwing pleasure!

10 weeks isn't much time and i assume the budgets pretty good for this, get me tools and lumber and get the Hell out of my way! With no sleep or food i"ll be in a coma when im done but it would be kick ass.

Thats the schedule im on now anyways! Hell im even doing this in 100 degree temperatures!

Slain
06-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Ben I was defending you among the rest of us down here. I think they way you work your lines is great given what you've got to work with there.

So Slain, why don't you balls up, name the Haunted Houses you went through and thought the throughput sucked and then enlighten the rest of the world as to how you would do things differently? In fact, even better yet, why don't you just not say anything, that way you'll embarrass yourself less.

Look at your market, your show, your customers, and the logistics of what you need and go from there right? No model will fit everyone, nor will there ever be an ideal. Tour guides, free walk, large groups, small groups, all kinda depends on what you're doing right?

It's ok buddy, you can admit to yourself that you saw us down here, realized you could never pull off what we are doing and needed to do something different. It's really ok. Just don't bother me with your childish crap.

Wooo go Eddy!!!!!!!!!
First let's get something straight... I'm not your buddy!!! Do you even know what throughput is? "It is let's see how many people we can shove through this haunt without the fire department closing us down"..
You can't run any haunt that way but once. Your customer would never come back. It must be a timed event. And no I will not tell you how we do it because we don't share information like that. You'd have to see that for yourself...
You may know me but I don't know you. Maybe we can hook up and see who has the bigger balls. You must be a charactor at some haunt and not an owner operator...
You have no clue!!! Who the Fuc& is Eddy?

lurker
06-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Someone needs to add that as an event at the next convention….Ball Wars! Getting someone to do the judging could be problematic.

SomeThingInTheIce
06-09-2008, 06:31 PM
You can't run a haunt like that but once. Tell that to Halloween Horror Nights, they push through 32,000 people per night. It may not work for some but it works for them.

First let's get something straight... I'm not your buddy!!! Do you even know what throughput is? "It is let's see how many people we can shove through this haunt without the fire department closing us down"..
You can't run any haunt that way but once. Your customer would never come back. It must be a timed event. And no I will not tell you how we do it because we don't share information like that. You'd have to see that for yourself...
You may know me but I don't know you. Maybe we can hook up and see who has the bigger balls. You must be a charactor at some haunt and not an owner operator...
You have no clue!!! Who the Fuc& is Eddy?

Kevin Dells
06-09-2008, 06:32 PM
I think that some of these guys should get on here and defend themselves! i know Geoff Beck and Rob Johnson aren't shy! How did you guys hear about this and what are your thoughts???? Are you going to bring shame and dishonor to the industry - or make it shine like a new penny??? LOL I say this out of love and jealousy ha!

Katie,
Im not speaking directly for Rob Johnson but more about what i know of him.

He like myself has spent his life working the construction trades for a paycheck, not even the type to blink an eye at working very long hours without breaks.

Rob then started his own Prop comapny with help from freinds and their doing a pretty good little bussiness on the verge of becoming bigger and better soon.

Personally i like their products, Rob has always delivered on time nice products, he will even admit when he has a bad batch of something and give it to you free.

So as somebody chosen for this TV show Rob brings those great things to the table.

1. He knows construction and don't stop until it's done attitude!

2. He can build props

3. He's just freakin insane so his personality will fit very well into this t.v. show.

Like i said Rob abd I have only meet a few times, but i could relate to Rob very well because we both are from blue collar working class backgrounds, i envyed him for pulling off his prop bussiness like he did and possibly stepped out of the hard ass manual labor construction is.

I could most definetly see Rob doing what i do when i build, just keep going and going until your so beat you can't even pick up your tools at the end of the day!
So you leave them, go eat some food, take a nap in a chair real quick and when you wake up! "Hey my tools are still out,im going back to work!" and it starts all over again!

graystone
06-09-2008, 07:19 PM
I dont think you can compare what Universal does with a haunt. They were built and staffed to handle thousands per day. This is not a fair comparison. Also Universal runs thousands of people per day. Every haunt has its limites. And if they dont know then they can jepordize their show. Money is good but run them through like cattle and the show sucks you want be in this industry long! Shane

IF YOUR 555
06-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Universal vs a typical haunted house c'mon. Id like to see 32,000 PARK at ANY haunted house.

actiondeath
06-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Every haunt has its limites.

My house had limites once. Swarms of the little buggers. Had to call in pest control. Cost me an initial grand plus $200 a year to get rid of em'.

IF YOUR 555
06-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Death, were they Subterranean limites or Formosan limities? Them little dudes can eat a haunt in no time.

Killer Katie
06-09-2008, 11:51 PM
On the subject of "running customer cattle" throughg the houses - I have worked for several years at a place that won't stop selling tickets until 10 mins to midnight (we close at midnight) and expects everyone to get through before we can all go home. First of all - it sucks for the customer, how good could it possibly be running in a "conga" line through each scene, secondly it sucks for the actors - how can they set up scares and they end up beat at the end of the run. Anyone who thinks this is a good idea should be stood disemboweled with a rope and a krank and left for dead while the buzzards devour their still warm intestines, as they writhe in sweet agony, while I sit and watch with a diet pepsi and bag of chips, occassionally sticking a stick into their wounds.

drfrightner
06-10-2008, 01:28 AM
I'll bet this show neve happens and then we'll be re-debating this subject the other way around. The more I think about it the more I think this is just not possible. I mean who in the WORLD has time to give up 10 weeks of their life?

Who?

If you run a company, you have to ship orders lets say like you're saying Body Bagging is part of the show, how does he fill orders? NO WAY... This sounds more and more like an April Fools Joke if you ask me.

I think they are all pulling your chain. But if it is happening, I will say this I have NO IDEA how any of you EVER plan to open your haunts if you have one, build product for those who ordered it, or ever seen your kids, your family or anyone else. I'm sorry I don't buy it. However you started one hell of a debate though, and like I said if I'm wrong and you are doing this and it is real, then tell me how do you plan on filling orders, or getting your own haunt ready?

Doing something like this is a crushing blow to your own business if you are indeed doing it...so good luck if what you are saying is true but I doubt it the more I think about it.

I asked myself this question...if someone came up to me and said 'would you do this' would I, could I, ... NO I COULD NOT! Would it sound fun? YES! Could anyone that owns their own haunt or produces products for the industry do this no freakin way. I asked these guys give me a link to the site for the casting call and not one of them seemed to remember the URL. Ya right!

So my prediction anyway is this is a JOKE! I didn't believe this from the start because NOT one of them could tell me the URL for the casting page. Then actually one of them says... oh I think they took it down. LOL

I think you proved one thing for sure... that you can sure fire people up, and also some people can get really jealous of other peoples fortunes.

So again I have no facts to base my opinion on but I'm just reading all this fightin back and forth and saying to myself, can this really be happening? I say no.

But I've been wrong before.

Larry

drfrightner
06-10-2008, 01:31 AM
One other thing...

How did the subject of a reality show get turned into a giant long thread on thru put issues? I'm scratching my head I guess.

Nice topic wrong thread. I think thru put issues should be discussed but as I'm reading through all this stuff, I'm like we have like 99 different subjects going on here...what a riot! LOL

Larry

graystone
06-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Larry cant tell it right now but its big news! Shane

Slain
06-10-2008, 09:11 AM
You can't run a haunt like that but once. Tell that to Halloween Horror Nights, they push through 32,000 people per night. It may not work for some but it works for them.

Maybe they are maybe there not. I don't do there books..These people are going to universal studios not a haunted house. They would be the only one that could pull that off. Get real how many haunts have the grounds like a universal?

Jim Warfield
06-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Maybe the entertainment expectations are not quite the same for the 32,000 who show up each night as compared to another haunt?
What do they have about 5,000 employees to handle and entertain 32.000?
I know, just one pathetic 12 yr. old kid with chit smeared on his face and a dark bowl of wet noodles? But boy! That kid has energy! (I used to be that kid!)

My first ever helper here once told a woman (years later) that one night with me selling all the tickets, leading all the tours up and down seven floors,5,000 sq. ft. resetting the house, talking non-stop while my helper sat in a chair in a dark room(that is all he did) that one busy night we put 12,500 people through this house!
It must have been 12,500 people because admission here was only $2.00 and he told her that I had given him a paper bag of cash to hide for the night for me in his apartment til the bank opened and he told her there was $25,000.oo in that bag!?
So I guess for 32,000 people they would only need about three employees?
One guy might have to be sent home early.

I once said I heard that my confused former first-helper was like this because his Father had accidentally ran over part of his head with a tractor.
The person I was talking to said, "Well he must have ran over both of them at the same time then because he has a twin brother who is just like that too!
"OK, boys, lay down there together, lay real still, I'll drive slow so it won't hurt very much."
"OK, DAD."
"OK, DAD."

drfrightner
06-10-2008, 12:43 PM
I think it is clear now... if their show was really happening you would have already seen a response by now. I think that says it all...

Either way I think if a show like that was to happen, it could be a fun show no doubt, however how you would work on this just prior to the Halloween season I don't know.

Furthmore I don't think SCI FI could get this edited in time to make the airwaves. They would want to shoot that show MONTHS prior so they could edit the thing. Everything just doesn't stack up if you ask me.

Maybe they are no longer saying anything because some of us are dead wrong and they are already out there, holed up in some house, already throwing latex on each other, or flinging air pistons out windows. LOL

Larry

SomeThingInTheIce
06-10-2008, 06:31 PM
It is a fair comparison, HHNs runs everyone through like a cattle call and they keep coming back year after year. Works for them it may not for you. I stand by my post.

Jordan24
06-10-2008, 07:58 PM
People keep coming back to HHN because there is hardly any variety of haunts/halloween events here in Florida. People here don't know of anything better.

I went to HHN last year and I can assure you I will never be going again. The haunts there were some of the worst I have ever been to. The fact that they were putting people through in groups of 50 was a big factor in the quality of their show. But, had they made the groups smaller the lines probably would have been 3 hours a piece.

SomeThingInTheIce
06-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Wow, groups of 50. I go every year and the group never stopped, it was one long line through the haunts. That is why when we get to the enterance we stop, it takes ride and show ( I call them flash light Nazis) a sec to notice that the line has stopped. They tell me to go and then I walk slow untill the people in front of me are out of sight. So we space it out ourselfs. Also lots of people come from out of state , I think they keep coming back because of the bang for your buck. 8 haunts, the Bill & Ted show, scare zones and of course the rides like The Mummuy.

Tater
06-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Holy crap sorry larrry that I could not drop everything and run over here to cater to your wild desires and needs. But i will say this you can think what you want...youve already made it up in your head if the show is real or fake, so nothing i say is going to change your mind so why even bother

graystone
06-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Tater save the drama for the show! Maybe you can confront Larry on the show!!! Larry you really dont know what all is going on here! Guys the show is going places and I am sure I will add to it lol! Shane Insane Shane to some!

Slain
06-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Wow, groups of 50. I go every year and the group never stopped, it was one long line through the haunts. That is why when we get to the enterance we stop, it takes ride and show ( I call them flash light Nazis) a sec to notice that the line has stopped. They tell me to go and then I walk slow untill the people in front of me are out of sight. So we space it out ourselfs. Also lots of people come from out of state , I think they keep coming back because of the bang for your buck. 8 haunts, the Bill & Ted show, scare zones and of course the rides like The Mummuy.

OK you win... You keep going to this $69 event standing in line, going through a haunt with 50 plus people at at time and we will see who wins out. These huge events play out like a themed bar. Times are hard I would bet those 32,000 so called per night will go to hell in a hand basket this year and they will be letting people in for $20 bucks!
Wait and see....

Jim Warfield
06-11-2008, 09:31 AM
$69.oo. Maybe the plain old "69" says it all?
"This sucks!" Well it's that "69"-thing you paid for, remember.

drfrightner
06-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Tater,

I know the show isn't real, especially the second Shane got added to the show, and dropped a producers name that doesn't even exists on IMDB.

All producers are listed on IMDB...so no I don't believe there is a show.

I don't understand why you guys did this maybe you will explain later, but I still love all of you!

SHANE... as for me and you debating about how to do something on a show, you would lose buddy!!!! LOL

Larry

graystone
06-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Good God man I dont think you have dug deep enough! Larry you need to do a little more research before you judge! And on another note bring it on man bring it on! Shane and thats Insane Killer Shane to you!

drfrightner
06-11-2008, 04:25 PM
So you want to duel with pistols or swords. Let me know. LOL Larry

SomeThingInTheIce
06-11-2008, 06:35 PM
$69.00 is the suckers bet, way to many discounts to pay that. I have ever paid more the $39.00 plus tax. As for $20.00 you can get a ticket that cheap, if the event is sold out they hold back some tickets for people that want to do the stay and scream, only thing once those are gone they are gone. I guess I could stand in line at your haunt (your website states that the line is long) but theres only the one haunt and no big show or rides and no bar. Lets see, let see Halloween Horror Nights or The Aflac Factory (the haunt where if you get scared and cant work they will pay your bills) aflac...aflac...aflacccccc....insert duck here.

QUOTE=Slain;37612]OK you win... You keep going to this $69 event standing in line, going through a haunt with 50 plus people at at time and we will see who wins out. These huge events play out like a themed bar. Times are hard I would bet those 32,000 so called per night will go to hell in a hand basket this year and they will be letting people in for $20 bucks!
Wait and see....[/QUOTE]

drfrightner
06-11-2008, 10:44 PM
I take back everything I said...

It is happening. I was contacted today by the other producer Steven Speilberg and they hired me today. My role is to show Shane really is nothing but a loud mouth, put him in his place, and then get the other guys on the same track and finish the haunt.

They want me to kidna come in and get into it with Shane, and send Shane home in tears...then work with the rest of the guys to get the haunt done!

So right now Shane and I are practicing our fight scenes, with some Hollywood stunt teams. Should be pretty exciting.

I can't wait.

Larry

actiondeath
06-11-2008, 10:57 PM
I dunno what to say... This whole thing is really juvenile, don't you think? Really. Adults?

drfrightner
06-11-2008, 11:30 PM
I would agree...

Our haunts are to open in t minus 4 months and counting.

Anyone want to chat about this season, web marketing anything?

Larry

Jim Warfield
06-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Yes likewise, I was contacted by Hollywood sound producer Helen Keller to create some realistic impact sounds as Larry and Shane land their punches upon one another.
I think I'll be hanging a 100 pound bag of very wet cat chitt from a rope, then smack it with a big flat oversized ping-pong paddle.
(I just knew I was saving that cat chitt for something worthwhile!)
The fight scene choreography will be copied step for step from that famous young person's fight scene in a movie involving "The He-Man Woman Haters Club"!

graystone
06-26-2008, 05:26 PM
When is filming to start have you heard anything LMAO! Shane

Terror_Field
09-30-2008, 07:31 AM
So is this show for real I can't find any information about it. If it is when will it air?

Zombie Manor
09-30-2008, 11:05 PM
This could be really cool!

Terror_Field
10-01-2008, 07:06 AM
I think so too but no one has answered me back and scifi has nothing about it.

Haunting Copy
10-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Jon Frost is a Haunted house magician and hopes to bring his
knowledge of magic and illusion to this house for an ultimate experience.

I would suggest asking Jonathan about it. He's been on the boards lately.

Terror_Field
10-06-2008, 05:52 PM
I would suggest asking Jonathan about it. He's been on the boards lately.

what does he go by on here?

Haunting Copy
10-06-2008, 10:16 PM
what does he go by on here?

I think it's "JonathanFrost" (without the quotes).

Sarah

Terror_Field
10-07-2008, 07:00 AM
thanks for the info

JonathanFrost
11-05-2008, 02:50 AM
I tend to spend most of my time practicing my craft rather then frequenting message boards... as a result I just found this thread now...

I really don't know what to say...

I'm quite speechless.

All I can say is I had NOTHING to do with this.

I am honored that my background in magic is being recognized as an important part of our industry...

fearfaktor
11-14-2008, 06:36 PM
So, did I miss something here? It is mid November and have seen or heard nothing more about this. Not even on SciFi's website. Does anyone have any more information on this new show?

fearfaktor
11-14-2008, 08:39 PM
So, I am the type of person that when it comes to haunt related stuff, I will dig and dig until I find what I am looking for. I found nothing regarding a SciFi reality show. However, I did find this article from The Valley Independent in Pittsburgh. The article is from 2005. Don't know how accurate any of this is, but it is still interesting and I thought I would post the link here just for everyones information.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleyindependent/backstage/s_379131.html

The following is the Demon House website:

http://www.demonhouse.com/

I hope this doesn't offend anyone and I am not trying to prove or disprove anyone. I just wanted to find any information that I could and this is what I found. Sorry if I have offended anyone!!

robos99
11-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Damn, I just discovered this thread and thought "what an awesome idea for a show!"......and now it appears it doesn't exist? What the hell happened?

Tater
11-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Hahah i cant belive this thread is still going on for as long as it has...the show was a joke we were just messing around with some people on the board, we wanted to see how the people would treat this show and right away people were up in arms about the cast. Its a sad day when a fake show causes this much drama and crap on the board. Oh well it was kinda fun watching yall bicker about it

Terrorknight
11-18-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm glad to see one of our industry message broads being use for practical jokes, thats great. This isn't myspace for a bunch of high schoolers to screw around on it's an industry message broad meant to make new contacts and for business and keeping in touch with people you rarely see in person. If you want someone talking about you then go out and do something to make us talk about you, for real. Now I don't know anything about you, maybe you do something But I don't remember hearing of a Tater haunted house, but I could be wrong. This isn't an attack I'm just saying not the right place, people on hear get there panties in a bunch enough without help. Oh just so the next comment isn't something about people saying things on hear and not giving there name.

Robert Dudzieck
Owner
The Fright Factory Haunted Attraction
Philadelphia PA

Tater
11-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Terror

Why dont you just calm down. The joke was played in May, it was to have alittle fun, it didnt hurt anyone or anything. As for the Tater haunted house...your right i dont have one but I travel all around and act. This isnt the right place to have a good time them im goign to start searching around for the place that is. It seems that the stupidity level is getting outta control. This thread was posted in the Fright Forums not in the business section of the board. So get your thong outta your ass and relax...its all in good fun

Scott "Tater" Lynd

Terrorknight
11-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Mr. Tot you just don't get what I'm saying. Joke haha is ok, you said yourself you did it to try to cause drama and that it was fun to watch people bicker over it. Thats my only problem with it. Like I said these broads find enough drama on there own without help, and as you can see by my post count I don't reply a lot I just read post and contact people if I can help them in someway. And I didn't know who you were, and now I know your an traveling actor and thats cool, so no hard feelings you can still play in this sand box, I just think the joke went on a little too long. And P.S. I don't wear a thong anymore, that was in my 20's I need the support now.

SinisterControls
11-19-2008, 11:29 AM
"P.S. I don't wear a thong anymore, that was in my 20's I need the support now."

Thanks Rob, just can't get that image out of my head now....

Hope the season went well for you, really appreciated the tour back in May.

Terrorknight
11-20-2008, 11:02 AM
I know SEXY right ! Hahaha