PDA

View Full Version : Scarefactory TV show has a website...

drfrightner
06-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Check it out...

http://www.history.com/minisites/surviving-history

loganmoore
06-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I didn't know about this show, thanks for posting.

drfrightner
06-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Did anyone even watch the show yet? What did you think?

Larry

MDKing
06-18-2008, 07:07 PM
I watched it twice and enjoyed it. It's another great History show and it's cool to see the guys from Scarefactory on the show. Dave tells me of some pretty cool and wild things coming up, especially on the jousting episode!!!

Allan

Jolly Pumpkin
06-20-2008, 11:57 AM
I watched the show last Sunday and I have to say that it was pretty entertaining. The only problem I have is that they talk less than 3 seconds about Scare Factory and assume that everyone watching has knowledge of what they do. Either way I think it puts the haunt industry in a good light even if nothing is mentioned of the haunt industry. You get to see their props in the background when they are building these medieval torture devices and they manage to use some of their props in their builds, mostly skeletons or corpses though.

Haunted Illinois
06-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Did anyone even watch the show yet? What did you think?

Larry

I definitely have to weigh in on this discussion. I was a bit skeptical at first, as to how this show would play out, but I’d have to say that I’m very pleased!

For those of you who fear some replay of the loser former employee’s comments about alcohol, that is just not the case with this program. They all conduct themselves in a professional manner and this series is world-class.

So far, I have watched the first two episodes and I am completely impressed by what I have seen.

First of all, this program will appeal to those interested in history. I think it’s fascinating to see all of the torture devices that have been used throughout history.

Not only that, but members of the Scarefactory staff are personally volunteering to test out these torture devices, which makes it all that much more exciting! They are putting themselves in devices and situations I wouldn’t even consider doing!

For those of you who haven’t seen it, you are MISSING OUT!

It’s on the History Channel on Sunday nights at 9PM Central and each episode is re-played a few times over the next couple of days.

All I can say is “Watch it!”. I’m taping every episode.

This series is going to be a huge benefit to the way the Haunt Industry is viewed by the general public.

graystone
06-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Well I have to say I figured it would suck kinda like Larry does on a bad day. But I will tell you like I told David I love it!!!! If you have not seen it yet then your missing out the show is very imformative. David again Congratulations on the show its really great and something to be proud of. And you know thats alot coming from me. Shane and its Impressed Shane to some!

Haunted Illinois
06-30-2008, 11:55 AM
FYI..

The Scarefactory’s TV Series has changed time slots:

Episode 3 will air tonight (6/30) on the History Channel at 10pm Central

Starting with Episode 4 on 7/3, the new time slot will be Thursdays at 9pm Central.

megaplay
06-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Does anyone know when this show was taped? Earlier this year or last year?

Tater
06-30-2008, 02:11 PM
The one they taped at my farm here (the Ducking Stool episode) was taped in the middle to late October so im going to say alil bit of both

neffuri27
06-30-2008, 10:19 PM
I really like the show!

It makes me proud to own Scarefactory stuff!!!!!

Kimmy
heading to Europe in two weeks and happy as HELL!

IF YOUR 555
06-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Missed the first two episodes but I caught tonights show.I thought it was very interesting. All I have to say is......''thats gonna leave a mark''.

MDKing
07-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Kimmy,

Have fun in Europe, where all are you going? Would love to see pics I'm trying to go there myself real soon, starting in western Europe.

Allan

drfrightner
07-01-2008, 01:14 PM
I think the show moved to Thursdays. Larry

Haunted Illinois
07-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Hmmm.... Is there an echo in here? LOL

Haunted Illinois
07-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Once again, the History Channel has changed the schedule for the Scarefactory's Series Surviving History. Episodes 5 through 8 are being aired TODAY!

Saturday, July 12 @ 1 pm Central - Surviving History: Episode 05
Saturday, July 12 @ 2 pm Central - Surviving History: Episode 06
Saturday, July 12 @ 3 pm Central - Surviving History: Episode 07
Saturday, July 12 @ 4 pm Central - Surviving History: Episode 08

Matt Marich
07-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Neffuri AKA Kimmy, If you are near Rothenburg don't miss the Crime and Punishment Museum. It is the single most amazing shit I've ever seen. I just got back and couldn't belive it! They have all the real stuff from the Midddle and Gothic ages, Chastity, Stocks, Real Iron Maidens, Torture Chairs, it all makes me so warm and fuzzy. Scarefactory must have used this as an inspiration or they should have. The coolest punishment was to humiliate a bad musician. They would lock around the neck a caste iron clarinet. The fingers were locked with cuffs to the barrel to simulate playing it, totally cool. The city is Medieval, with draw bridges and massive stone wall.

Take care girl, have fun.

Your Friend Matt
Podmaker

Matt Marich
07-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Neffuri AKA Kimmy, If you are near Rothenburg don't miss the Crime and Punishment Museum. It is the single most amazing shit I've ever seen. I just got back and couldn't belive it! They have all the real stuff from the Midddle and Gothic ages, Chastity, Stocks, Real Iron Maidens, Torture Chairs, it all makes me so warm and fuzzy. Scarefactory must have used this as an inspiration or they should have. The coolest punishment was to humiliate a bad musician. They would lock around the neck a caste iron clarinet. The fingers were locked with cuffs to the barrel to simulate playing it, totally cool. The city is Medieval, with draw bridges and massive stone wall.

Take care girl, have fun.

Your Friend Matt
Podmaker

Tater
07-13-2008, 01:00 AM
apparently in order to screw us up even more they have put the New Episode which is Episode 9 with the ducking stool (that was shot on my orchard) on at 8AM on July 20th...Does anyone wanna dvr it for me lol

Haunted Illinois
07-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah, it makes me wonder what the hell they are doing. First they start it off as a weekly show, then they change the date, change the schedule again and finally (without announcing anything) play most of the rest of the series on yet another day that they didn't even advertise. Funny thing is, they've already played every episode but the last one and their "Surviving History Mini-Website" still says the series is running on Thursdays at 9pm, which is obviously not true because Episode 9 is scheduled for next Saturday! They have really screwed up this one for those people interested in the series.

Oh, but I guess if any of you out there missed some episodes, they're selling them for $24.95 each on DVD-R. Or was that their plan all along... Get people hooked on the series, then screw with the schedule so badly that people are forced to buy the DVDs in order to see the rest of the series. LOL.

MDKing
07-14-2008, 10:29 AM
This is a bit strange and not the usual road the History Channel takes. They always follow their advertised scheduling for shows, especially their big ones like Ice Road Truckers, Tougher in Alaska, even Modern Marvels, The Naked Archaeologist and Lost Worlds. I've missed most of them since they keep shifting it around....I really like the show though.

Allan

Haunted Illinois
07-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Don't forget. The last episode of Surviving History is scheduled for tomorrow morning (7/20) at 7am Central !!!

Tater
07-20-2008, 12:53 AM
I had a conversation with David the other day and he said that even He doesnt know whats going on or the production company doesnt know. He said that they Blew away the numbers that were expected on Sundays and when they moved them to Thursday they didnt do so hot but they have no clue whats going on. Maybe we should all email or call the History Channel and tell them that we liked the show.....every little bit helps right

MMManiac
07-21-2008, 09:46 AM
I wasnt too sure about th show at first but now I love it! I hope it comes back for a second season