PDA

View Full Version : Village Of The Damned construction pics

SomeThingInTheIce
06-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Heres some more pics, I have lost the other thread, sorry. This is a shop in the village, the items in the windows are screwed down so people can not take them. The patn here is about 48 inchs so they will pass close to the shop. The doll will then jump from the shelf at them and then a actor will burst out the door. The other window will also have something jump from the shelf, so we can get the front of the group and the back. The other photo shows both the shop and the Barber shop, there is a pass through leting actors move about. The last pic is in the barber shop seen through the window.

undertaker
06-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Looks good. Very detailed.

TheNightMare
06-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Very Nice, Keep up the good work

elowther
06-27-2008, 05:24 AM
Looks great! I love the jumping doll! Awesome wooded setting you have there.

Eric

badlander2000
06-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Hell yo, those are some nice shacks!

variant_cover
06-30-2008, 05:56 AM
Is that a lute in the first 2 pictures?
Everything looks great so far. Seeing strange, out-of-place things in the woods has always been creepy to me. Thanks for the pics!

Empressnightshade
06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
SomeThing, that looks pretty sweeet!

Got a question for you:

Did you build those structures yourself?

Having smaller shacks, outhouses and such is my desire this year. But, we've always secured our plywood walls off of an existing structure. Even though we brace the heck out of everything, I'm very nervous about having smaller structures instead of a constant running maze with rooms.

SomeThingInTheIce
06-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Yes, I built the fronts two years ago but, this year I want them to look real with sides and roofs. I hope to have some more pics soon. Thanks everyone, I know that if it passes here then my guest will like it. Variant-cover, no it not a lute, it's called a dolsamer. Not sure that is spelled right, I was looking for things I could put in the windows and found a violin in the shed but I was vetoed by the owner and told I could use the dolsamer.

Empressnightshade
06-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Yes, I built the fronts two years ago but, this year I want them to look real with sides and roofs. I hope to have some more pics soon. Thanks everyone, I know that if it passes here then my guest will like it. Variant-cover, no it not a lute, it's called a dolsamer. Not sure that is spelled right, I was looking for things I could put in the windows and found a violin in the shed but I was vetoed by the owner and told I could use the dolsamer.
SomeThing, I believe it's spelled "Dulcimer" and I have two of them not knowing what to do with them. I'm sure I'll find somewhere to put them this season.

I don't want to hijack your thread, so I'll start one of my own in hopes of getting instruction on how to build sound and solid structures without bracing off of an existing building.

Keep up the impressive work!!

SomeThingInTheIce
06-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Are you outside? All I did was sink 4x4 post into the ground and went from there.

Empressnightshade
06-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Are you outside? All I did was sink 4x4 post into the ground and went from there.
Yes, we are outside this year and I am soooo happy! After being on plush carpet and surrounded by walls last season, I'm thrilled we are going back to our "roots." (Pun intended) :p Besides, it makes for a better Hillbilly Cannibal Commune, don't you think?

SomeThingInTheIce
06-30-2008, 04:50 PM
That sounds cool, you can do a lot with that, outhouse, moon shine still, ect but, thats what I would do sink some 4x4x8 post into the ground, they may have a little wabble in them but once you start putting on the sides it will be sold.

Empressnightshade
06-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Stable enough to take punishment from customers? Some of our people get really wild. We would brace above, of course.

SomeThingInTheIce
07-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Heres some more pics:
This is the Butcher Shop, when the door is open it blocks the path with the back of the barber shop so guest must head in. They never get inside because the butcher is right around the corner.

SomeThingInTheIce
07-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Heres some of the inside of the barber shop and another shack that has a boo door in the door.

Empressnightshade
07-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Heres some of the inside of the barber shop and another shack that has a boo door in the door.
You, My Dear, are just a freakin' inspiration to me!! I'm totally impressed! :-D

SomeThingInTheIce
08-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Here are some pics of the barn, not done yet but looks cool. The first one is the front, next is the inside, it has a switch back in so they have to walk around inside. There will be a corpse chained to the roof with drip lines, dripping water on them. The next is the exit and then a pic of the side, you can see a boo door to the left.

SomeThingInTheIce
08-15-2008, 08:11 PM
This is outside the Village Trading Post, it's a take on a boo door but using trunks. the last pic is from behind showing how the actor gets in and out.

SomeThingInTheIce
08-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Pics of some of the village, the one that is just getting started is Marys house, it will have a boo door in it that looks like an old panting, once they meet Mary they will exit out the back of her small home and meet their fate!

Nightgore
08-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Love the trunk scare! One thing I've noticed done in similar scares is to put a small step stool in there for the actors to step up and out of the top! Awesome photos and I love the whole "feel" of the haunt... reminds of the movie "Wrong Turn"... I don't know why? ;) -Tyler

graystone
08-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Keep up the good work! Everything is looking real good!!! Shane

elowther
08-15-2008, 09:30 PM
It's looking great! The barn looks awesome, I love the old boards. That setting in the woods is hard to beat for the scare factor. I really like natural settings like that, what will you use for lighting?

Eric

SomeThingInTheIce
08-16-2008, 04:07 PM
It's looking great! The barn looks awesome, I love the old boards. That setting in the woods is hard to beat for the scare factor. I really like natural settings like that, what will you use for lighting?

Eric

In this area, two 500 watt halgen lights hooked to a lighting machine with Gore-Galores "Angry Skys" cd. So it will be dark with bright lighting flashes. On other parts of the trail I use low votage lighting with colored bulbs and colored L E D s on some props. Now if Fay will just stay away, looks like it will bring a lot of rain and wind. Ahhhh curse you Halloween gods.lol.