PDA

View Full Version : Where is Shane been?!?

MMManiac
06-19-2008, 11:37 AM
I've noticed Shane hasn't posted any comments latley and questioned him via messenger. He said he probley wouldnt be posting anymore. Come back Shane! I loved hearing your side of the story on threads.

drfrightner
06-19-2008, 12:01 PM
If you look at the bottom of the forums you can see who is online at any given moment. I have seen Shane online nearly every time I've logged on.

He's lurking in the shadows. Let me say I like Shane, I think he's got a lot of spirit and well a lot of other things. He has not been removed from the board, he is not prohibited from posting.

I have said this before I'm interested to learn about Shane's haunt, I want to know more about how he haunts, and less about his views on vendors and things like that.

I challenge Shane to tell us about his haunted house!

Larry

Greg Chrise
06-19-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm sure that after a solid month or two of non stop foaming at the mouth posting he had to get a hair cut and do some laundry. Maybe get some therapy.

Tater
06-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Larry for as much as your as trying to hide his issues under the rug it seems that you actually kinda miss the ole chap. So ive gotta ask this and dont hate me but has the number of people coming tot he hauntworld site dropped and therefore your trying to get him back to stir some things up...because if thats the case im sure i can stir something or other up.

Boo Crew Production
06-19-2008, 02:00 PM
I think shane has found a new home. a politic free chat room.......Called The Chatgraveyard. I think the addy is http://www.chatgraveyard.com

Tater
06-19-2008, 02:02 PM
HOW DARE YOU KEN..post another chatroom up in this forum thats fun and awesome....your going to get your asskicked..what was that chatrooms address again?

Boo Crew Production
06-19-2008, 02:08 PM
TATER........you Butt nugget........What do you mean another chat room? Are there others?

Tater
06-19-2008, 02:13 PM
I think our good friend larry has one on this very site ken..but everytime i go there i end up talking to myself...thats not larrys fault its just not properly advertised so people dont end up seeing it and not coming to it...

Boo Crew Production
06-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Oh well hell you are so good at talking to yourself........I may have to check out this chat........where is it???

Tater
06-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Boy if that button was up your butt youd know it...but its at the top in small print marked Live chat....Goodluck with that one...i know your eyes cant read small print so get your goggles out

Boo Crew Production
06-19-2008, 02:20 PM
my googgles????? huh.....I have to google it.....WTH?

Tater
06-19-2008, 02:26 PM
On a more serious note ken your getting ready to open your huanted house in less then 4 months...Have you taken all the measures that you need to to insure a safe haunt...and how bad are the ohio fire inspectors anyway....

Boo Crew Production
06-19-2008, 02:29 PM
We have taken all the safety measures we need to keep everyone safe.......UNTIL you walk through......then I am not held responsible for their actions.

Tater
06-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Have you met with the infamous Fire Inspector?

Ken Spriggs
06-19-2008, 02:34 PM
I think Shane got tired of someone editing him.

Frighteners Entertainment
06-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Kinda funny.
Shane doesn't even have to post here and still is a topic of discussion.

Boo Crew Production
06-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Jeff,

Shane is the topic everywhere these days.

How did your MHC show fair? I know we did really well.

Frighteners Entertainment
06-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Ken, we topped last years sales on Saturdays opening and we had a great year last year.
BTW, nice having a few drinks and chatting with you Ken on Sunday evening. One of the few moments to chill all weekend.

Jeff,

Shane is the topic everywhere these days.

How did your MHC show fair? I know we did really well.

Matt Marich
06-19-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm still Laughing at the "but nugget" comment.

I'm trying to lay that out visually, er, maybe not.

Boo Crew Production
06-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Jeff,

That is great to hear. Yes it was very nice to sit and talk civil after the show.

Matt,

Only speaking the truth. hahahaha

IF YOUR 555
06-19-2008, 06:20 PM
I think Shane got tired of someone editing him.

I would have to agree with you Ken.Its funny that if an issue involved "someone" poof it was removed.

bamasmith
06-19-2008, 08:13 PM
It is obvious now.Shane makes this site relevant.

drfrightner
06-19-2008, 10:38 PM
LOL to all of the comments...

First and foremost the forum was busy before shane, and after shane. We have the WHEELCHAIR GATE to replace him...

LOL

With Shane you don't post about how to do this or that with your haunt, it is always drama. I guess if you're bored that is cool, but if you came here to learn about haunting well people are sick of him.

Look at your poll over half the people don't want him, but nearly half do. Hmmm...

Okay I'll give in, SHANE CAN WE HAVE HALF OF YOU BACK?

LOL

As for the chat room, the only time it gets going is when and if someone posts a message on the forum and tells people to join!

Anytime you want to start a chat just post on the forum you're starting one and people will join.

Larry

Tater
06-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Larry you should pop into the ChatGraveyard sometime....we are all friendly we will make you feel right at home i promise always people in there

Barry
06-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Are you starting one? lol

hauntedhousenut
06-19-2008, 11:03 PM
LOL to all of the comments...

First and foremost the forum was busy before shane, and after shane. We have the WHEELCHAIR GATE to replace him...

LOL

With Shane you don't post about how to do this or that with your haunt, it is always drama. I guess if you're bored that is cool, but if you came here to learn about haunting well people are sick of him.

Look at your poll over half the people don't want him, but nearly half do. Hmmm...

Okay I'll give in, SHANE CAN WE HAVE HALF OF YOU BACK?

LOL

As for the chat room, the only time it gets going is when and if someone posts a message on the forum and tells people to join!

Anytime you want to start a chat just post on the forum you're starting one and people will join.

Larry

Larry is there anyway that you can set up a poll that shows who cast the vote, I think most here think that half of the votes againts were cast by you>< lol

The13thHour
06-19-2008, 11:03 PM
I have been to Shane's haunt and it is pretty freaking good. My crew and I were very impressed, and Shane will have you rolling on the floor laughing in person. Bring back Shane!

lurker
06-19-2008, 11:54 PM
OjlVTl30sgA&hl

drfrightner
06-20-2008, 12:25 AM
I have to give it to you that was pretty damn funny!

Larry

drfrightner
06-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Nut,

If I could change the vote I wouldn't know how, and I wouln't know how to vote more than once either, because I'm just an idiot!

Now I did vote, and only once did I vote, but I can't share with you how I voted

Larry

mindtumor
06-20-2008, 07:08 AM
I don't think you can even vote more than once.

hauntedhousenut
06-20-2008, 08:36 AM
LMAO! That was great.

Darkangel
06-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Shouldn't it have read "Where has Shane been" instead of is? :)

Darkangel

Jolly Pumpkin
06-20-2008, 11:50 AM
That's a funny video of Shane. I didn't realize that He was an old gay looking cowboy who lived in Technicolor. He fascinated the boy with the glit of his gun. This video is freaking me out a little. I guess Shane lives in the Wild West. You better not piss off your customers or they'll shoot you. And I guess the deadly conflict represents Shane and Larry. The elemental forces represents dead beat vendors and we're the rugged pioneers. So there is more meaning to this video if you pay attention.

Jim Warfield
06-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Howard Cosel? Sports broadcaster? He was simultaneously The most popular sportscaster on Tv back then AND the most hated sportscaster on TV!
The network kept him probably because people that may not care for you keep tuning in too, hoping to see you screw-up! Add these people to the ones that like you who watch and that constitutes a fair sized audience!
HistoricaLLY speaking I think these months are always the slimmest looked at or posted because we all have too much physical work to do. "tICK-TOCK-TICK-TOCK!"
My wonderfull old art teacher, Mrs. Kneale would often say:"I wouldn't give you anything for a normal person, they are a dime a dozen!"
DO boring, normal people make for a stimulating time? One can play it too "safe" and forget to inhale and die.

drfrightner
06-21-2008, 02:18 AM
I see the poll is tied 25 to 25...who will break the tie?

Who will cast the next vote for or against?

Larry

bamasmith
06-21-2008, 09:24 AM
The poll is rigged.I am not a computer wiz.But I do know you can alter the voting.Larry you expect us to believe this poll has essentially been tied for this long? Come on man!

TheNightMare
06-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Voted, didn't realize he hasn't posted and frankly its like a breath of fresh air. No drama, now we can talk haunts and stuff. O_o

mindtumor
06-21-2008, 01:28 PM
I don't even think it is right to put all of this lets see how we feel about other members of the forums posts. Not everyone in the world gets along and they don't have too. I don't agree with the way Shane posts sometimes but I don't think we should start threads seeing who likes him and who doesn't or who wants him around or not. Leave the man alone. These kind of threads can lead to hurt feelings. Will we all soon be subject to some kind of thread with a poll seeing if people want us around or not? Who cares who posts as long as they treat everyone with respect.

scareshack
06-21-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't even think it is right to put all of this lets see how we feel about other members of the forums posts. Not everyone in the world gets along and they don't have too. I don't agree with the way Shane posts sometimes but I don't think we should start threads seeing who likes him and who doesn't or who wants him around or not. Leave the man alone. These kind of threads can lead to hurt feelings. Will we all soon be subject to some kind of thread with a poll seeing if people want us around or not? Who cares who posts as long as they treat everyone with respect.

I agree with the above said.

Hope to see ya back on soon Shane.....I miss ya(not in that kinda way)

shawnc
06-21-2008, 03:38 PM
He may be back soon. Did anyone read the rules on the other site?

Before you create your account and login, there are some very basic rules for this chat site which are in place to keep things flowing smoothly. Please read and adhere to them before registering/posting. Violators will be booted without further warning.

1] Be respectful. Be civil. Outright rudeness will not be tolerated. You might get away with the occasional snarky comment or condescending attitude, but don't make a habit of it or you will get booted.

1b] Personal attacks, flaming, racism, sexism, homophobia and so forth are grounds for immediate removal from the chat. Check your unreasoning hatred and phobias at the door, please.

2] This is a chat for the Haunted Attraction Industry, Halloween, and all related dark'n'spooky things! Discussion here should pertain to them, or at the very least to things that are peripherally related. This is just a suggestion - feel free to talk about whatever you want to talk about, but remember why you're here.

3] You spam us: We boot you. You know the difference. So do we. Don't test this rule if you want to keep posting.

4] Having stated Rule #3, if you must spam us, it should be spam of interest to this chat. Namely, something related to Haunted Attractions, Halloween, Haunt and Horror gatherings or the horror genre in general. Nobody here wants to know about your great deals on software, mortgages, sex-enhancing drugs, get-rich-quick schemes, or where to get a cool watch. Please don't waste our time and yours by posting such tripe.

5] This is not a democracy. The Admins put in countless hours on this site; you get the benefits free of charge. That in mind, you are fully entitled to disagree and debate them, but those who feel the need to be snarky, condescending or rude to them in particular will have a short stay here.

TheNightMare
06-21-2008, 04:42 PM

I agree with the above said.

I thirdly agree

MDKing
06-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Unbelievable!!! Whether you agree with Shane or not, love him or hate him, he's just another member of this board, and compared to most of us he's a very recent member. You guys keep talking about him you're doing what many of his post seemed to suggest, give him attention.
He said in many post that everyone looks at what he says and does, that when he speaks everyone listens and many of you veterans to this board who has offered countless threads of advice over the YEARS allowed yourselves to be easily surplanted by the guy. Maybe we should move and and stop talking about him, he's merely another haunter, another one of us nothing more and nothing less. Let's move on and not keep the 2 threads about him on top of this industry forum that boasts a few thousand members in total....

If he comes back great many will be glad to have him he seems to be a honest, if not brutally honest guy which is needed. If he doesn't post again then keep it moving!

Allan

MMManiac
06-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Mindtumor, and everyone else who said it isn't right to pick out one member and discuss if we want him back or not.... I would not have started the post if it would have offended Shane at all. I talked to him and he agreed it would be funny to see what the vote response would be.

Jim Warfield
06-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I have had a few laughs over the years when some new poster on some haunt site refers to me as being something much, more than I am as far as financial success goes and vast industrial knowledge of every little thing, technique, materials.
I do have a certain kind of a wealth of knowledge in certain areas , but .....
We sure could fool some people just using a $10.oo keyboard!
I do think some posts are coming from little shrivelled up raisen-looking people in a cave in South America who delight in messing with us, since they have to wait a few more light-years for the spare parts to arrive .