PDA

View Full Version : Spookywoods FX - Report

twohlgemuth
06-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Fellow Haunters,

Many of you are true inspirations to me and have become good friends. I always share my experience and try to do my part to take haunting to a higher level.

I consulted many of you on the idea to bring high end costumes to the haunt industry this year. We have been a vendor at Transworld, HauntCon and MHC so far this year. Our goal was to sell enough costumes to employ our artists in the off season. We surpassed that goal before we left Vegas!

We have sold to Six Flags, zoos, and many haunts across the US. But I recieved the order this week that nailed it home for us. I'm excited to announce that we have just recieved an order from Disney Land in Hong Kong. This one order may end up being bigger than all of the orders at Transworld.

I believe we have found our target market in Theme Parks. We are now planning on showing at IAAPA. The future looks bright and I can't wait to see where this takes us.

I just wanted to share my excitment and most of all a big Thanks to all the haunters that purchased from us and fellow vendors that shared their knowlege with us becoming a new vendor.

The new Mummy Skin that Mark Goodson is creating is going to freaking blow your minds. Mark wanted to really go all out for Disney and boy did he. I will be sharing the photos as this new suit comes to life.

Nightgore
06-24-2008, 08:19 PM
HOLY CRAP TONY!! Congrats on scoring that deal, you guys desserve it! I can't wait to see the pics buddy... again, CONGRATS!!!! -Tyler

graystone
06-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Looks like the hard work is paying off for you guys. Shane

Nicole
06-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Disney is the pinnacle - you CANNOT do better than that! Congrats!

MDKing
06-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Congrats Tony I couldn't be happier for you!!! Awesome news!

Allan

Kevin Dells
06-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Congrads to you and your hard working staff Tony from everybody at Woods of Terror!

Haunted Nashville
06-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Congrats Tony.

elowther
06-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Tony,

That's exciting as hell! It has been really cool to watch the progress of these costumes from an idea to blowing up this big in one season. Great job and kudos to all involved in the production of these works of art!

Good luck with the new suit and production run this year.

Eric

RoguesHollow
06-24-2008, 11:14 PM
That's Great Tony! After really getting a good chance to check out your suit at MHC a couple weeks ago I have to say the Corpse character is an amazing piece. My wife was actually startled when she realized that it was a real person inside! Very nice work and I'm sure it will fit in very well with the effects of Disney. Congrats!

Midnight13
06-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Congratulations Tony! That is awesome news.

I can't wait to see what you and your guys create next!

Dwayne Sanburn
13th Gate

UndeadProd
06-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Tony and his team are among the most approachable, positive, and decent haunters in the whole industry.

I couldn't be happier that they're all having such a fantastic year.

Ken Spriggs
06-25-2008, 08:57 AM
The mouse huh?
Great news but beware of the mouse

DeadManWalking
06-25-2008, 02:30 PM
That's great news. Those suits are top notch.

Not to change the subject or anything but........ did Cydney Neil have anything to do with it? I had heard she was working on the Hong Kong park.

twohlgemuth
06-25-2008, 02:35 PM
I also heard Cydney Neil was involved with Disney in Hong Kong. However, I have not had anyone mention her name to me that I have been dealing with.

bodybagging
06-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Fantastic! congrats Tony!!!

Xanthar
06-25-2008, 04:23 PM
That is just compeletely amazing....

I think every haunters dream is to sell to Disney!

Good show....way to create a great product!

grossparts
06-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Congrats Tony very happy for you!!!!

Jeff

Speculo
06-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Couldn't have happened to nicer folks. But it happened BECAUSE they have a top notch product!

Thanks!

jason
06-25-2008, 09:11 PM
wow, such great news. i am very happy for you guys. what a great story!

Scary Harry
06-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Congrats Tony, The suits truly are a great product. I know I talked about stopping to see you earlier in the month, but the deal I had woking fell through. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, been busy setting up. Hope to meet you in person in the future. Again Congrats, what a score!

Leo Martin

elswarro
06-26-2008, 01:51 AM
Damn Tony!! thats awesome! I should have grabbed your autograph when we were booth-mates at TW! ha ha! Congrats!

drfrightner
06-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Tony,

You have worked really hard brother! Keep up the good work.

I will tell you however at IAAPA, the buyers for things like that are not usually among the attendees. From Six Flags you usually get like the VP's and they do nothing but talk business there with major rider suppliers.

You will find a lot of buyers from overseas that buy our haunted house stuff, but the guy from say Six Flags who runs Fright Fest for example does not attend. Just FYI...

It is almost exclusively VP types, when it comes to amusement parks.

But you should go you'll find some markets for your product. I've talked to a lot of haunt vendors who say they are going to IAAPA this year. But remember it is not an order writing show, its a show where you talk business.

The haunted house halloween retail show is an order writing show. So no one should be disappointed if they don't write a zillion orders, but you will gain a lot of leads.

Larry