PDA

View Full Version : What should I do Opinions please

shredman
06-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Part of this years haunt, we are having a hayride, we started clearing out the trails three days ago and will be done in 1 to 3 more weeks. When should props be placed and that kind of thing or should I just keep the trail up until September and October??? And then set out the props. I will also be doing a haunt and we will begin construction soon.

shawnc
06-25-2008, 08:11 PM
I don't think anyone can really answer you yet. What part of the country are you in, what kind of weather are you expecting, and how secure is your site?

Jim Warfield
06-25-2008, 10:38 PM
I met some haunters who had no trouble for years with their haunted hay ride props being left outside and alone.
Then in one season vandals struck, they didn't steal they just busted everything up.

mindtumor
06-26-2008, 10:30 AM
I have been involved in hayrides in the past so I have an opinion on this. I always tried to make it so the majority of the props could be brought in each night. Obviously this doesn't work for large props. I wouldn't suggest leaving much outside unless you live in the desert and you own the desert land. Every year we had people come through and vandalize or break stuff. Luckily nothing was ever stolen because we did not leave out anything that could be carried away. I loved doing the hayride because you could build large sets but weather was also always a factor each year. Try and used exterior paint on all of your sets and also try and seal whatever you can. Sometimes the weather can work for you(distressing) but rotten wood is never fun. I would also cover as much with tarps as I could. I would start building my sets now I just wouldn't leave the props out.