PDA

View Full Version : Me life as a pirate matties!

xxxdirk
06-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Last week I was in my community theaters production of Pter Pan. I had a small part, which I find sometimes more fun that when you are cast as a specific part, cause I am given more freedom in developing my character. Anyway, I made my character a French Pirate. I designed my own costume and did my own make up and had a blast working the lobby before the show.

Not sure how to imbed this pic. Maybe someone can do it for me?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=67703025&albumID=2074296&imageID=29905718

actiondeath
06-29-2008, 11:36 PM
http://a58.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/42/l_89faf41114045a3f28eb2c91aebfba29.jpg

AWESOME!!! My oldest daughter LOVES Peter Pan. I wish a local theatre company would do a production of it.

Patti Ludwinski
06-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Love it!!!

xxxdirk
06-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks for imbeding the pic. Doing my makeup was such an ego boost because everyone was oooohing and ahhing over the contact and the pimples. Funny that sometimes we take for granted the simple things in our makeup kits...

Empressnightshade
06-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Ron,

that is just some fabulous stuff!! I love how you don't allow your haunt to be the center of your attention -- you take time for other things. I must learn from you...

xxxdirk
06-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Unfortunately Gwen, the haunt is taking more and more of my focus because of the money involved. However, yeah, I still TRY to find time for my family, religion, my performances, retail business, and a few hobbies. Actually, the main reason I did Peter Pan was I found it a good way to bond with my son who played one of the lost boys. Gotta enjoy em now, cause they grow up so fast....

Empressnightshade
06-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Actually, the main reason I did Peter Pan was I found it a good way to bond with my son who played one of the lost boys. Gotta enjoy em now, cause they grow up so fast....
SO TRUE, Ron! Today, my son went to his first day on his first job -- Toys R Us! Not bad for a sixteen year old. I was so proud seeing him walk in with his red vest on and a name tag. I asked him to turn round and let me see how he looked in it. He was complaining the whole time.."Mom!!!!" Well? :D