PDA

View Full Version : Making a jungle

MMManiac
07-02-2008, 08:01 PM
How many of you has had or has a jungle room in their haunt? I'm making one this year. How do you make it realistic? Basically I have a long hallway which leads to a room which is like a research outpost, and then a wider hallway. I have some camo netting for the walls and creppy cloths for the ceiling. I also have some limited foliage but it still looks, well fake... Unfortunately i Don't have pics yet to post, but just am interested in what some of you others have done.

Thanks for sharing your secrets!

shawnc
07-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Sean,
I have never built one but the good ones I have seen broke up the long straight hallway. Trees placed randomly along the sides and even out in the middle so people have to walk around them seemed to work really well. Another thing was changing the width and height of the hallway with some kind of panels. Bow some out from the sides and top to look like a mountainside or cliff overhang. I was in one that had rocks and an uneven path (high and low points) on the floor. Probably not a good idea if you plan on having it very dark. You don't want anyone tripping.

Maybe set one side up so it looks like you are walking along the edge of a mountain, with a path between it and the encroaching jungle.

Hope this helps some.
Shawn

MMManiac
07-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the good ideas Shawnc!

anyone else?

Nicole
07-02-2008, 09:26 PM
We have made a forest in past haunts... and with limited budgets found FREE ficus and christmas trees on Craigslist... we broke them up for parts and put branches into walls as well (TONS). Also used large cut dead trees from our owner's own forest and mounted those throughout. We did pale blue lighting from above the camo netting ceiling that simulated moonlight in our indoor space.

Happy jungle building!

Howie Slobber Erlich
07-03-2008, 06:10 AM
Be careful adding real trees or vegetation. Even if treated with fire retardant most Fire Inspectors will not allow real vegetation in the haunt.

Just my 2 cents,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted House/Prison
www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

Xanthar
07-03-2008, 07:25 AM
Also, if you need Vines for the scenic design.....
We still have Vines in stock ready to ship immediatelly this year in bulk.

You can see them here:
http://www.thevillageofdarkness.com/vines.htm

If you need me to send you a sample one, just let me know.

Robert Kocher
The Village of Darkness

MMManiac
07-03-2008, 07:33 AM
xanthar... Ill be e-mailing you next monday...

keep an eye out for my e-mail