PDA

View Full Version : If you're into Dark Knight...

The Ghoulish Gallery
07-02-2008, 11:18 PM
...you might like this. It's the first five minutes of the film online. Check it out before Warner Brothers finds out about it and has it pulled:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_movies_blog/2008/07/dark-knight-the.html

Enjoy,
Tim Turner
www.theghoulishgallery.com

Nightgore
07-03-2008, 04:08 AM
I so can't wait for this movie!!! Awesome find! -Tyler

drfrightner
07-03-2008, 11:00 AM
I saw this on YouTube several months ago, from someone who filmed it off an IMAX... Tim this version is 100 times better in quality! Good find!

Watching this is starting to depress me actually... Heath Ledger is so good as the Joker I now can't see ANYONE else ever playing him. I want to see MORE Heath Ledger as the joker and now that isn't possible.

Also I think he will win the academy award for this performace and I wish he was around to see it...life isn't always fair.

This all depresses me!

I don't think anyone wanted to see Heath as the Joker, but when you look at how he only plays rolls he wants, this is something he wanted and he nailed.

Heath Ledger will go down as THE JOKER, just as Brandon Lee went down as THE CROW... on the bright side I'd rather go down as the JOKER than a gay cowboy! LOL

Larry

drfrightner
07-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Tim,

There is a rumor that you have seen the movie... can you confirm this with a review???

Larry

mindtumor
07-03-2008, 11:10 AM
I saw this on YouTube several months ago, from someone who filmed it off an IMAX... Tim this version is 100 times better in quality! Good find!

Watching this is starting to depress me actually... Heath Ledger is so good as the Joker I now can't see ANYONE else ever playing him. I want to see MORE Heath Ledger as the joker and now that isn't possible.

Also I think he will win the academy award for this performace and I wish he was around to see it...life isn't always fair.

This all depresses me!

I don't think anyone wanted to see Heath as the Joker, but when you look at how he only plays rolls he wants, this is something he wanted and he nailed.

Heath Ledger will go down as THE JOKER, just as Brandon Lee went down as THE CROW... on the bright side I'd rather go down as the JOKER than a gay cowboy! LOL

Larry

Paul Bettany was my choice before this movie and will be afterwards still. I think Ledger's joker will be great but I could still see Bettany being a really good comic adaptation of the joker.

hauntedhousenut
07-03-2008, 08:17 PM
http://www.duckydoestv.com/2008/07/02/watch-the-first-5-minutes-of-batman-the-dark-knight/

drfrightner
07-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Depp...at this point I can only see Depp as the Joker.

Larry

Dr. Giggles
07-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Bah Jack Nicholson was the best, yet i must admit from what iv seen in that clip. Heath ledger lives up to him, possible even surpasses him.

-Zackary J

brad
07-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Damn, the first link isnt working anymore.

hauntedhousenut
07-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Try the link I posted above.

shawnc
07-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Not exactly related, but there is an old Batman mold selling on ebay in a few minutes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160255318483&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

graystone
07-06-2008, 06:34 PM
But here are the facts as stated by Shane!!!! There is one and only one BatMan and thats Michael Keaton no if's, and's or but's!! There is one and only one Joker thats Jack Nicholson. I am a huge Heath Ledger fan and think he brings the Joker to life in his own way. But Jack will always be the Joker!!! Shane

hauntedhousenut
07-06-2008, 07:32 PM
I disagree, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and Georege Clooney didn't even come close to how Batman was portrayed in the comic books.

Bruce Wayne was traumatized as a child, and suffered from acute personality disorder, Healthy people experience anger, but as a transitory state. This is what sets the personality disordered apart: their anger is always acute, permanently present, often suppressed or repressed.

The aforementioned actors didn't even come close to portraying the complex Bruce wayne, however Christian Bale is by far the closet to his mental state, and I'm sure Jared would agree.

as far as the joker goes, Jack was great, but lets see heaths performance before making judgement.

Haunted Illinois
07-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Shane,

Sorry to inform you, but the one and only Batman is Adam West. The one and only Joker is Cesar Romero. Heath Ledger looks like his make-up was done by a fifth grader trying to make him look like “the Crow”. It’s just ridiculous.

shawnc
07-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Adam,
I definitely agree about the makeup. From all the previews I've seen, I just can't believe that they went with that. It looks terrible.

Does anyone remember the old Batman TV show? The original one? It used to crack me up, especially the first "Batmobile." I guess they didn't have much of a budget for special effects and vehicle modifications back then.

Darkblood
07-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Okay I haven't seen the movie yet...but my take on the makeup is that the Joker is insane...I read a lot of comic books, some Batman, and one of my best friends gets all the Batman titles each month and says this is by far the closest to the comic he's seen...in the comic the Joker has no limits or cares, he's insane, therefore it's not about the makeup...he just doesn't care...
To me it's more menacing...like he slapped it on real quick rather than stood in front of a mirror for hours or had a makeup artist do it...
Jack Nicholson did a great Joker...and I loved Keaton's Batman...Kilmer and Clooney...eh...
Christian Bale is my favorite thus far...really portraying the comic book hero the most in my opinion.

Kirk

Nightgore
07-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Kirk - I agree! Bale is by FAR the best Batman I've seen, both TV and Movie. Ledger is going to be the BEST Joker... he was able to pull the joker into something ole'Jackey NEVER could! -Tyler

Infoamtek
07-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Jack Nicholson did a crappy Joker. It looked like he just phoned the part in playing himself like most of the roles he does.

mindtumor
07-06-2008, 08:51 PM
I saw American Pyscho in the theaters when it came out and as I walked out of the theater I thought to myself "Why the heck don't they get this guy to play Batman?" I was quite pleased when he DID end up getting cast as Wayne for Batman Begins. I am not quite sure how anyone could think Keaton, Kilmer, or especially Clooney was even SLIGHTLY a good adaptation of Batman. Maybe only people that have never read the comics. And as far as Adam West, DC actually changed the comics to match the TV show when it came out because they thought the comics would sell better being campy like the crappy show. Before that Batman comics were super dark with Batman actually killing people.

However, I didn't get so lucky with who they picked to play Joker. I REALLY wanted Paul Bettany to play the new Joker. I think Ledgers version of the Joker will be good but as far as I am concerned NO ONE has even come close to how the Joker actually is in the comics. Someone did a top 100 villians thing not that long ago and the Joker was the #1 evilest villian of all time. The Devil was #2.

Greg Chrise
07-06-2008, 09:24 PM
My all time favorite was Madd Magazines Issue on Gnat Man, making fun of Batman and Robin.

In 1965 I would have been 7 years old and there was nothing better than coming home from a hard day pissing off all the teachers to see Batman, the Munsters and the Addams Family. It all made up for the hundreds of hours having to endure the Lawrence Welk Orchestra Hour or the Patti Duke show.

I thought Micheal Leaton was good especially since he started out as an intern at WQED channel 13 in Pittsburgh Pa and was actually the guy moving the trolley for the Mister Rogers program. I got to see one out take where the trolley started acting possessed and cracked everyone on the set up.

Val Kilmer was okay and should have done more than one but, I guess he is a little bit of a Diva.

George Clooney? What were they thinking? And the stupidest single seater plastic car flying over the roof tops.

Batman Begins had lots of new stuff but was sort of looking like the back story to so many other formula movies.

From the clips, it seems they may be getting along with the story now and it has only taken 43 years and lots of change in the world to get it on. Plus good or bad, I'm pretty sure the Heath Ledger part is now open.

But, I have to see this one. Even if July 18th IS a full moon.

drfrightner
07-06-2008, 09:34 PM
The new Joker make up is awesome, just awsome! If you understand what they're trying to do with these movies then you understand why it is so aweome. He's not some guy dropped in waste and his skin transforms to white with green hair, he paints the make up on himself as war paint and to cover up a hideous scars on this face that his dad carved into his face.

Heath Ledgers Joker blows Jack away...and I mean away!

This is being rated as the best comic book movie ever.

Larry

drfrightner
07-06-2008, 09:42 PM
C_-NEBvaJHM

Heres some clips

drfrightner
07-06-2008, 09:45 PM
9rw3-0BOyXo

drfrightner
07-06-2008, 09:46 PM
0eM7u5K0SCI

drfrightner
07-06-2008, 09:48 PM
YS6BzjmP06o

drfrightner
07-06-2008, 09:50 PM
_vrjnnDdMRA

Haunted Illinois
07-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Again, it looks like his make-up was done by a fifth grader trying to make him look like “the Crow”. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

C'mon, admit it... if any one of your actors showed up in make-up like that, you wouldn't let them act in your haunted house. LOL

Nightgore
07-07-2008, 03:38 AM
Adam,

His make-up is SUPPOSED to look like that, designed that way! It's all part of his character, and it's not make-up... more like "gang" or "war" paint!! I think it's amazing and it could not be any more perfect! -Tyler

Jim Warfield
07-07-2008, 05:15 AM
There you go!
Have we all seen this before in the grocery store, walking down the street?
Lipstick crooked and drippy/smeared?
It can sort of "scream" "Mental-Problems!" "Mental Problems!"
(Of course it could just also be mirror problems or co-ordination problems or cheap make up on a hot sultry day too.)

When I was a teenager I was helping my Dad, we ended up in another town 20 miles away for lunch, I was wearing a white tee-shirt and blue jeans, the restaurant was not a fancy place at all yet the waitress behind the cash register was sneering and scouling at me like I was somehow totally inferior?
I really wanted to say something to her because of her snarlyness like"When did the circus come to town?"
She had on so much stupid looking make-up on! Thick, wild colors, lavender from eyelash to eyebrow, bright red cheeks, and of course gawdy lipstick, totally distracting and unnatural from any angle, in any light!
And yet she had that atttitude!?
I guess she was the first time I ever saw "Evil-Clown" make up!
Years before "Killer-Clowns"!

mindtumor
07-07-2008, 06:20 AM
The Joker fits in with what Nolan and Goyer are trying to do. I am not crazy about it BEING make-up but with they are trying to do with their universe it fits fine. As far as the grin being carved into his face, right now in the comics Joker has cuts on his face much like in the movie however how they got there is a different story. I don't care how good Ledgers performance is in this movie comic book Joker will still be King.

graystone
07-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Are you crazy listen to Tyler!!!!!!! Larry said it and Tyler is running with it! Tyler I am serious please, please listen to me. People are starting to make fun of you and yes I am one of them! I am sure your a good, kind hearted person truth be told you got a heart of gold! But Tyler FOR THE LOVE OF PETE LISTEN TO ME STOP RIDING LARRY'S COAT TAILS!!! You back and repeate everything Larry says and its making you look like you have a crush on him. Here is how you will make it in life and this industry. By yourself, make your own comments and statements, stand on your own 2 feet, if you wish to agree with Larry ( and there is nothing wrong with that) do it in your own text not a carbon copy of what Larry says. Larry I am serious call Tyler and have a man to man, boy to boy, brother to sister, father to son talk with him!!! Do it Larry because I am asking nicely. Shane

Nightgore
07-07-2008, 09:02 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! -Tyler

Darkblood
07-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Jared,
My one friend who gets the Batman comics showed me one of his recent books and the Joker had the cuts...they try to tie it in...plus Grant Morrison is writing it and he writes some crazy, psycho stuff...the art for the Joker looked wicked...insane!

Tyler,
In my opinion, as stated before, the makeup fits the character and is awesome!
If he fell in a vat of toxic waste (what a joke) or took hours in front of a mirror..."Dangit! I drew the smile too wide on the one side again...better even it out...HAHAHA!" That would be dumb...the slap on and go kill someone is how the Joker's mindset should be...

Adam,
I am a huge fan of the Crow (have been since opening weekend back in the early 90's when it came out-went Friday and Saturday night) and I don't think you can justify saying because he has some black around his eyes and a RED smeared smile and somewhat longer GREEN hair...that it's the Crow? Now the wrestler Sting=Crow ripoff...Joker...I disagree!

But these are just my opinions...:)
No blood, no foul...

Kirk

mindtumor
07-08-2008, 06:08 AM
I am very disappointed in Morrison's run on Batman right now. I thought he would do a better job considering he wrote Batman well when he was writing JLA. Plus didn't he write the Tower of Babel?

damon carson
07-09-2008, 03:58 PM
The proof will be in the pudding when this movie comes out who is the better Joker! Seriously I dont think he will stand up to Jack!
Damon

mindtumor
07-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Jack was a disgrace to the Joker character. The only people that enjoyed that performance weren't fans of the comic character or were fanboys stuck in the Silver Age of comics.

Haunted Illinois
07-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Wow. Me thinks that waaaayyyyy too many people take this crap too seriously. It’s just a comic book, after all. LOL.

Haunted Illinois
07-09-2008, 07:03 PM
By the way, regardless of whether it was meant to be that way or not, it still looks like his make-up was done by a fifth grader trying to make him look like “the Crow”. Stupid!

Muahahahahahahaha!

graystone
07-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Jack kicks ass no if's and's or but's! Jack IS THE JOKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long Live Jack! Shane

UndeadProd
07-09-2008, 10:49 PM
300 (based on a Frank Miller graphic novel) becomes huge smash, allowing Miller the chance to direct a movie based on The Spirit (which is highly regarded among comic diehards but basically unknown to most civilians)

New Batman movie getting oscar buzz, and is allegedly much more complex and dark that most comic book adapations.

Iron Man was not only a huge hit, but basically a 2 hour love-fest for comic fans filled with obscure references and inside jokes.

And soon we will finally see an r-rated movie adaption of WATCHMEN -- which promises to be very faithful to a very adult storyline.

For an old-school geek like me, who was lucky enough to read some of this stuff when it was first published back in the 80's, it's a pretty amazing thing to see.

drfrightner
07-09-2008, 11:05 PM
For the movie some on this forum are calling dumb or whatever...

Right now the critics have fallen in love with this movie, they saying it is possible to be the first comic book movie to ever be nominated for best picture. Some are saying it is the Godfather of comic book movies. They are also saying Heath Ledger is a lock for an academy award, and maybe other players as well.

This movie will probably be nominated for several awards and win them.

They are also predicting this movie could beat Spiderman for the all time money maker comic book film. Fandango is reporting this movie has already SOLD OUT all the screenings on the first day errrr midnight shows, 3am shows, and now they adding 6am shows.

This movie is going to blow the record books on money...we're talking about a possible 200 million dollar opening if they keep adding showings that early.

This movie will go over 400 million dollars mark my words on it.

As for Heath Ledgers Joker make up... Heath wanted the make up to seem like a crazy whacked out guy put the make up on himself, which is exactly what it looks like. He's crazy, he's nuts, and no he wasn't dropped in acid, he's just a guy who loves killing people for fun... I think the make up fits the role! It is perfect!

Larry

mindtumor
07-10-2008, 06:16 AM
You might as well get used to seeing comic book movies because the next couple of years are going to see more comics being adapted to the screen then EVER before. The buzz from writers and comic artists at wizard world this past month was ever since Iron Man came out and did so well the phones have not stopped ringing from Hollywood. Everyone wants to make a comic movie now. This is due to them thinking that Iron Man was a relatively unknown comic character and the movie reaching out to more people that aren't fans of comics books more then ever. Of course all of this means that you will get some bad movies as producers try and make these movies as quick as possible.

As far as Frank Miller don't forget his Sin City comic was adapted to the screen before 300. Also, rumors have been flying for the last 5 or so years of an adaptation of Frank Milllers Batman year one comic.