PDA

View Full Version : Extra Money Maker Idea

Boni
07-09-2008, 10:30 PM
My wife came up with this idea last year but we did not have time to make it work. Trying to figure out the logistics of it this year.

The idea is to take a digital photo of the guests early in the haunt as someone jumps out at them. At the end of the haunt, just like on roller coasters at amusement parks, you can view your photo and for $7 get a print out of your photo on the spot. We would have a border set up with our name at the bottom as a little bit of advertising.

Some thoughts were to have 2-3 memory cards so that you could set the camera up on a tri-pod and never move it, just take the card out and swap it with the computer operator.

drfrightner
07-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Terror on Church Street did this for years, but they used a bright white light that would come on in complete darkness with a very loud sound. This scared people and the light made for a good photos.

It worked.

larry

jason
07-10-2008, 12:07 AM
the uss nightmare does something like this. if you are interested in learning more drop me a line.

shawnc
07-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Search previous threads for similar ideas. I know this was brought up last year, and probably before that as well.

If you have a room near the beginning next to the camera, hook the camera directly to the computer (called tethered). This will give you the advantage of seeing the photo instantly on the computer screen and knowing whether you got the shot or not.

The biggest downside I could see to this is that it would probably take two people to run it, if not three. One on the camera, one at the computer/printer, and one outside selling. It is also harder getting a good photo in the dark than many appreciate.

Ken Spriggs
07-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Last year we did a green screen in the lobby.
The people running the pics would take the pic before going in....and have one waiting when you exited.

They made some good money....it works

Jim Warfield
07-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Or take pictures with the Johnson & Smith X-ray attachment on your camera and sell pictures of hot babes naked to the guys who came there looking for a date.
(If only I could find my old x-ray thing I bought from Johnson &Smith when I was 12 years old, it might work alot better now with the improvements they have made in cameras!)

shawnc
07-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Jim,

Sony actually made a consumer-grade video camera several years ago that had an unexpected feature that some users discovered later. If you put an infrared filter on the lens, it would see through clothes.

When the airports started having those x-rays or cameras that are supposed to see through your clothes this was the first thing that came to mind. Of course with the government involved they are probably spending $100,000 apiece or probably more.

If anyone has a real problem with security/weapons in their haunts, that could be one way to go. Probably about the same cost as a metal detector and definitely more fun.

jason
07-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Last year we did a green screen in the lobby.
The people running the pics would take the pic before going in....and have one waiting when you exited.

They made some good money....it works

ken..you have the same company as we do.