PDA

View Full Version : Evolution of a Graveyard...

drfrightner
07-10-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm going to put all the graveyard pics together and show you the evolution of a graveyard...The Darkness Graveyard. We are also going to build another one at Creepyworld. I will post pics of that one here as well but first the darkness.

Larry

drfrightner
07-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Here is a bit more...

Next will come the fun stuff...

MDKing
07-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Something fell right on that werewolf's back!

Looking good! Did you guys carve that foam out in those shapes or did you buy it cut from someone?

Allan

drfrightner
07-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Allan,

We carved everything. We have our own 40k hard coating machine, foam cutting tables, everything. However most of this stuff can be made with saws, and hot wire foam factory stuff.

Here is the next stage!

Larry

drfrightner
07-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Now onto the next stage of detail...the next batch of photos will show the detail work of the overall room and final look. I will also upload photos of the Kennywood graveyard. I hope these photos help inspire people!

Larry

scareshack
07-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Looking really really nice....Cant wait for the next batch of pics...great job.

damon carson
07-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Cant you just smell the decay! Opps got carried away there. It really looks cool! Maybe some sinster scents would add to that? The foam looks so much better painted and detailed too it doenst even look the same from pic to pic.
Damon

shawnc
07-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Larry,

I noticed in many of the photos that you've posted lately that you have a lot of expensive props in the photos. Did you put them in there for the photos or are they there when you are working? Do you worry about damaging them or spilling something on them?

Shawn

drfrightner
07-11-2008, 01:19 AM
To answer your question, everything you see inside this room is staying inside these scenes. That is the only reason they are sitting there... we have having some problems figuring out what to do with that second wolf but we'll figure it out one way or another.

As for people touching the props, well we put EVERYTHING within distance to touch them. Even that Scarefactory T-Rex he's so close you can stick your hand in his mouth. That is our style, and less things get broken believe it or not.

When you come to St. Louis next March, you'll see everything is touchable.

Rick from Dreamreapers was just here a few days ago and he was asking the same questions.

Larry

drfrightner
07-11-2008, 01:23 AM
I will be taking more photos today... I will post them later in the day.

Additionally wanted to let you know the one crypt that has the plastic over the middle is covering a 70 inch TV which will showcase a really cool CGI effect.

Larry

shawnc
07-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Larry, I meant damage during construction.

Seenickdesign
07-11-2008, 06:38 AM
Hi Larry,
Great detailing!
This may be an odd request, but I'd love to see a shot upwards toward the ceiling to see how all of that hanging foliage is attached, etc.

Thanks!
Nick

MDKing
07-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Larry,

Any thought of offering foam work to the haunt industry, like columns, door frams, pillars, windows, etc?

Allan

drfrightner
07-11-2008, 07:52 PM
You mean like sell tombstones to the haunt industry???

I'd have to figure out what they cost to make first, they take a long time to make. Here are a few more pics. I won't be able to get any more good ones of this room until AFTER the room is CLEANED and lighted. The room is sooo messy ... and it needs ligting.

Larry

Brckee1
07-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Larry,

Really beautiful room. Great job. What are the giant twisting vine trunks made from?

Dr. Giggles
07-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Larry,

Amazing work. Its very nice. Im kinda jelaous. My sad little haunt is dwarfed in comparison. Hahaha

-Zackary J

Jester
07-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm going to put all the graveyard pics together and show you the evolution of a graveyard...

Larry,
Thanks for posting all these pix... and THANKS for posting them in this way. Showing the evolution of the scene... great. This is the reason I come here as much as I do.
Keep up the good work, and kudos to your crew.

Aaron

drfrightner
07-16-2008, 04:38 AM
Here are more... one shows the floor on one side of the room and the other shows a bridge we're making.

Larry

damon carson
07-16-2008, 12:09 PM
It all looks very cool! Im wondering what your methods of layering on paint are. I think I know but Im just wanting to see if Im correct. Do you start with like a light gray and then go with the darker colors on top. With splattering and dripping and running of the different colors.
Thanks,
Damon