PDA

View Full Version : Shredders Halloween Scream Park progress pics

shredman
07-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Well, again, I posted that I got contacted by the owners of another Phobia, which I didn't even know existed. So I am back to being Shredders, which I do like still, Anyway, you can still see the pics of the woods I will be using... We are still trying to go pro, but we are not sure. Anyway, progress pics soon to come.

SomeThingInTheIce
07-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Would that be Wild Adventures & Cypress Gardens, the two parks , one in Fl. and one in Ga. do a Halloween event called Phobia?

shawnc
07-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Or the one in Houston?

Uh oh, it sounds like there is another cease and desist order/lawsuit in the making there. Nah, probably not because they both have lawyers.

That's why you are getting screwed, Shredman - you can't afford a lawyer. The big places can and would countersue. Does the person who contacted you think they invented the term "phobia"?

shredman
07-17-2008, 09:00 AM
We are doing a lot this week!!!! The trails are looking great and we are soon to begin Building sets. We had a little set back, But we are still going strong......
We have also been working on a website.
WWW.SHREDDERSHALLOWEENSCREAMPARK.COM

Should end up being good. Pictures coming in a few days.

AW
07-17-2008, 10:11 AM
I remember a couple of years ago Jim Warfield was threating to Register and copy right the letters U and A so no one could have a haunted house or haunted attraction -

shawnc
07-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Shredman,

This is just a suggestion, something I picked up a long time ago to make website addresses easier to remember and read.

Capitalize the first letter in each word in the name. It keeps it from running all together and being unrecognizable as words. People will remember a name or few words easier than trying to figure out what it says and then having to remember that.

www.ShreddersHalloweenScreamPark.com

Hope this helps.

Shawn

shredman
07-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks I will be posting new pics soon.

shredman
08-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey everybody, sorry for the delays on new pictures, All I have been doing is clearing out the trails. Now I am done with that, I have pretty much All my props out, and I recently recieved a truckload more, and I am in the middle of getting all the building supplies out.... Will post pics by thursday

shredman
08-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Ok, we stared building today its looking great please post comments.
http://a708.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/112/l_510a5c9a168660db1c6427a49a54fff3.jpg
http://a333.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/105/l_22e87ab7f807c4c06259b72ecf190a84.jpg
http://a626.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/4/l_94e382606788f5bf46d61578b8e56df9.jpg
http://a76.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/22/l_62f14912b1bd4ef4201e8e4e04b5c7fb.jpg

More will be coming tomorrow.

shredman
08-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Man I didnt realize how fast buying this stuff money ran out.. lol. i will be working more tomorrow and Like I said I will be posting more pics tomorrow.

AW
08-07-2008, 02:26 PM
I hope you have a ton of paint - building with OSB outside on the ground even with good drainage is a problem - water wicks up through the bottom and it expands weakening the wood - you have to replace it much more often than plywood - spend the extra $ and by plywood the first time
Aven

shredman
08-07-2008, 02:31 PM
I am going to waterproof it.

AW
08-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Plus your panels - if you are leaving them as pictured they do not have enough support they will warp and bow and they are not very strong = some asscrack knocking your walls over or kicking through them . I would reccommend using 2x3s on 2 foot centers with a top and bottom 2x3l - If you space the bottoms leaving enough you can use the bottom 3x3 to tie panels together
A

shredman
08-07-2008, 02:37 PM
thanks
And I have a builder in the house he has told me all this and i know what to do to make them very strong

shredman
08-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I was going to water proof them tonight, but it started raining, LOL. I am going to do it in the morning, and I hope one rain won't hurt anything. Some of the haunt will be wood, and the other parts will remain black plastic, tomorrow, I plan on making a lot of progress and it will look a lot better when I am done tomorrow and take the pictures. Once I put the roof on in 4 or so weeks I will begin to decorate and thats when things will get interesting......

I have been pretty much on schedule and this is what I have done so far..

Cleared out the entire trail.. which took about 2 months... I had to make it

And put up two panels took a few hours to build and construct

Since i have been right on schedule, I call for the haunt to be finished in mid September, and that is when setting up the scream park will begin, Putting the sign up, making the lines, ect.. And that is when the main advertising will begin...

Well, thats the update

Zack

shredman
08-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Still raining this morning, I will waterproof the wood once it dries, until then I will begin my 2nd day of construction this morning. The good news is for the wood, the ground is very dry here, the last rain we received was a while back, I can't even remember the last rain we had, and the ground is barely wet, even though it has been pouring for at least 5 hours, the rain is starting to let up, and depending on the weather conditions, I should be in my 2nd day of construction. So I should have pictures up by 5 pm today, but if I can't work today, I will post it here..

zack
Shredders Halloween Scream Park

www.ShreddersHalloweenScreamPark.com

MMManiac
08-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Zach when do you open for the season? Im just curious because If we didn't finish building until mid sept we would be screwed. We start in march, finish the beginning of Aug then it takes us two months to paint, decorate, ect... Good luck to ya man! Im for-seeing alot of late nights. Keeps the progress pics coming :)

shredman
08-08-2008, 11:18 AM
See with us, we decorate in the process of building, once one section has a roof, a few ppl will decorate it, and a few will build on the next section

shredman
08-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Due to the rain, we didn't get much work done today, we were able to waterproof the panels and put up some black plastic, pictures coming in a few hours.

thehauntedhollows
08-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Hey shredman,
It will be a lot of work to get it open on time- i will be facing the same dilemma. You seem to have a nice piece of woods there- which means TAKE ADVANTAGE of the WOODS. Being in the dark woods at night is scary in itself, add scenes, paths, and maybe a SMALL area of panels, you will be done in time, it will be much cheaper to construct, and you will have more time for the creative haunting portion of it.

All in all, look at the big picture, and figure out what you are really able to do. I tried to do what you are doing this year, but now we have come to realize we gotta just get it done, or we won't be able to open this year.

Also, get as much help as you can. You'll be surprised at how much quicker you get stuff done with help. You can't do everything yourself.

Be wise, work hard, you should come out of this well.
Just remember the time.

Good Luck, Can't wait to see progress pix along the way.

Ben

shredman
08-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks a lot for all the advice, we got a good bit done today, got up one more panel, Put up some black plastic walls. You will really see some progress in these next pics. we worked 7 hours today with two 30 minute breaks..... I am uploading the pictures now.

shredman
08-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Ok here are todays progress pics.. Remaining on schedule... Here is what we did today:
Water proofed the panels
Put up 1 panel
Put up two long black plastic walls.

Here is what I plan to do tomorrow:
Put up 1 panel
touch up on black plastic walls
put on a second coat of water proofer

Here are the pics:

http://a893.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/39/l_20353e30d4f3c8fdbafb738adf119e5c.jpg
http://a424.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/44/l_36fc4a37c7b2dc8a48e0c5832ec2dc5f.jpg
http://a763.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/33/l_653b98f425e0bd369637108e3f3fe582.jpg

shawnc
08-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Is that plastic going to last outside in your area for the next three months?

shredman
08-08-2008, 06:39 PM
The environment here is not very windy rains once a month to 3 times a month, and all in all pretty calm environment, but i see why you ask, we have some crew that is going to repair the plastic and keep it looking good as new every day.

thehauntedhollows
08-08-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm liking the plastic.

Nice Progress.

shredman
08-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks, We got those nails with the rubber on the end to keep the plastic from tearing, we will put those on tomorrow, this plastic is just on trees but we are going to the hardware store to buy u posts tomorrow, and attach the plastic to, so we dont just hope nature puts trees in the right spot, thats why it was so tough today, because we had to stretch the plastic and wrap it around, this will make the process a lot easier,

Zack
Shsp

shredman
08-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Ok here is a pic I managed to take just before sunset, this is from the back of what we've done, if you can see the panels and the plastic are next to each other, but there is a gap between them, I have build another panel and that is where it will go.. This shows more of the hard work we did today,

http://a364.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/95/l_051a18baf0ba5b8badf4bddaba79ebbb.jpg

shredman
08-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Well, today, we didn't do much, we are fixing to go to get the u posts, but we won't be able to do anything with them today. So here is what we did:

Repaired black plastic,
put up 1 panel

I decided not to take pics today because we hardly did anything, I plan on getting a lot tomorrow.

Here is what I plan to do:
Put up several u posts, put up two more rolls of black plastic,

shredman
08-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Ok folks, with more rain, progress of building has been delayed, expect more pics after we get a lot more done in a week or so,.

shredman
08-21-2008, 08:42 PM
A lot of pics coming tomorrow after I do all of my work... Here is what I have done this week and here is what I plan on doing tomorrow

This Week: I put up several posts marking the trail repaired black plastic, built two panels but did not put them up, framed some walls for the black plastic.

Future work friday through Sunday: Put up two panels Put a roof on some of the haunt, continue framing walls for black plastic Put up some black plastic.

Ok here we go.

shredman
08-24-2008, 09:07 AM
We have Fay coming our way, and yesterday some really strong nasty storms fired up along a cold front and completely destroyed the plastic portion of our haunt. We had 70 mph winds and blinding rain. No pics... except of damage, if you would like to see that.. lol