PDA

View Full Version : Haunt Totem poles?

ChrisGM
07-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Anyone knows how to make haunt totem poles? With all any hints and tips would be very much appreciated!

For ex. a lady made this halloween totem pole about 3 foot tall on the front porch, see pic below.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk265/ChrisGhostMan/sondras.jpg

Dr. Giggles
07-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Why dont you ask her then? She seems to have a good idea about how to make haunt totem poles.

Yours

-Zackary J

damon carson
07-12-2008, 09:33 AM
It looks pretty basic to me. Any craft store or october issue of womens day probably tells you how you could make that. Believe it or not they have some good ideas in these books at Halloween. And no Jim I dont subscribe. LOL!
Damon

Greg Chrise
07-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Note to self:

Schedule doctors/dentist appointments in October to read magazines and keep hip on the decorating world.

This looks like the ever popular card board tube with happy faces stenciled with a spray can on pieces of orange hunks of something wrapped around it.

Certainly the whole idea could be upgraded to carving great foam sprayed on some 4 inch PVC pipe that was first sanded a bit for adhesion.

At cheasy level it culd be recycled one liter bottles on a broom stick stacked or plastic coffee cans. Get your parents to drill the holes for you. Don't attempt to use those siscors that mom takes dingle berries off the dog by yourself.

shawnc
07-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Someone in my area used to go around and buy palm trees. He would cut them down, cut them into eight-foot lengths, and carve them into tiki poles with a chainsaw. There is a trailer park called the Polaneysian (spelling?) Village that has a bunch of these in it. I'll see if I can find a photo and post it here.