PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Attraction Association (HAA)

MMManiac
07-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Lets start some communication regarding a TRUE Haunted Attraction Association such as what Ben has recommended in a different post.

What are some Pros? Cons? Challenges?
Lets make this happen people!

How great would it be to have the HHVA and a HAA to represent the Haunt community!

drfrightner
07-14-2008, 03:04 PM
I have spent a GREAT deal of time, which wasn't expected on working with tons of vendors on this tradeshow event. I would say I have invested a 100 hours into this, just talking to people, trying to help get everyone on the same page...blah, blah.

Everything that happened with Rubies was unexpected so this sidetracked me somewhat...

This tradeshow is still not on track 110%... I still need to help TW with some lists, some new vendors, and stuff like that then I will be able to get back on track with this.

The goal is to first get the HHA set up as a real LLC, or non-profit whatever. Then the second goal is to create the bylaws, and those bylaws will layout the ground work for how the association will operate, who can or can't be a board member, etc, etc.

Then establish an agenda, goals, and start raising money and recruit people to accomplish those goals.

All good things take time, and IAHA was just set up with people raising their hands to be board members, and now anyone can be the President, anyone can run the thing, and that is why 99.9% of real haunt owners do not join!

Haunted Attraction industry is a half of a billion dollars now, and professionals, who have something to gain or lose should be in charge of it not people who do not have invested interest.

Same goes with a vendor association!

Larry

MMManiac
07-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Looks like the ball is rolling and heading towards the right direction

Nightgore
07-14-2008, 05:05 PM
I think a big thing that could/should happen is a PR campaign; nationwide! I know one has been done or worked on, but I'd like to see where everybody in this industry in represented:

The Pros
The Theme Parks
The Home Haunters
The Non-Profits

Hopefully, the day will come when guest will visit a haunt and ask if the haunt is a member of a haunted house association! -Tyler

graystone
07-14-2008, 05:53 PM
This is simple and I think you will agree. Its not "should we do this" it needs to be "when are we going to do this" There are many professionals out there. This should have already taken place. I think home haunts should be repersented although I don't feel they would be a good canidate for a position. Why? Well they don't spend the money as pro haunts and they don't take or have the losses that we experiance. I also agree with Ben a new Haunt would not be a good canidate either. Why we need experiance!We need a President, Vice President, A Board. Every member should be allowed a vote. We need members to hold these positions who are not afraid to fight for the buyers. I see Paul from Atrox, Ben from NeverWorld, I see Sean, The guys at SpookWoods, Terror On The Fox, The Headless Horsemen there are many good professions in this Industry. I can see and as bad as I have to say this Larry have a presents on the board. I see myself keeping Larry in check. I myself will offer what ever time and work it needs. I even see a need for a few vendors to hold positions on the board. Yes I said we need some vendors on this board too! I am willing to lend a hand in what ever it takes to get this up and going. I am serious guys WE NEED TO MOVE ON THIS! LETS JUST PUT THIS IN MOTION! Ben, Larry, Paul, Sean, guys I am begging here we need this! My phone line is open 256-710-0515 Shane and its serious Shane this time.

graystone
07-14-2008, 05:55 PM
This is simple and I think you will agree. Its not "should we do this" it needs to be "when are we going to do this" There are many professionals out there. This should have already taken place. I think home haunts should be repersented although I don't feel they would be a good canidate for a position. Why? Well they don't spend the money as pro haunts and they don't take or have the losses that we experiance. I also agree with Ben a new Haunt would not be a good canidate either. Why we need experiance!We need a President, Vice President, A Board. Every member should be allowed a vote. We need members to hold these positions who are not afraid to fight for the buyers. I see Paul from Atrox, Ben from NeverWorld, I see Sean, The guys at SpookWoods, Terror On The Fox, The Headless Horsemen there are many good professions in this Industry. I can see and as bad as I have to say this Larry have a presents on the board. I see myself keeping Larry in check. I myself will offer what ever time and work it needs. I even see a need for a few vendors to hold positions on the board. Yes I said we need some vendors on this board too! I am willing to lend a hand in what ever it takes to get this up and going. I am serious guys WE NEED TO MOVE ON THIS! LETS JUST PUT THIS IN MOTION! Ben, Larry, Paul, Sean, guys I am begging here we need this! My phone line is open 256-710-0515 Shane and its serious Shane this time.

graystone
07-14-2008, 05:57 PM

Speculo
07-14-2008, 08:10 PM
The time is...not now...too close to season. It should be rolled into strong in the new year and be rocking by St. Louis.

Now is the time to think, but time is better spent on marketing and building your event...

I think however we will see this done, at long last. By all means throw out ideas concepts etc. but we gotta keep our eyes on the prize just two short months away!

2008 will be epic! Lets get ready to rumble!

Thanks!

Speculo
07-14-2008, 08:12 PM
The time is...not now...too close to season. It should be rolled into strong in the new year and be rocking by St. Louis.

Now is the time to think, but time is better spent on marketing and building your event...

I think however we will see this done, at long last. By all means throw out ideas concepts etc. but we gotta keep our eyes on the prize just two short months away!

Thanks!

Speculo
07-14-2008, 08:15 PM

Thanks!

Speculo
07-14-2008, 08:17 PM

Thanks!

MMManiac
07-14-2008, 08:34 PM
You must be serious Shane, you posted it three times! Count me in 100%

MMManiac
07-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Shane you must be very serious, you posted it three times! Count me in 100%

MMManiac
07-14-2008, 09:28 PM
WOW Shane you must really mean it,you posted it three times!

I'm behind this 100%

graystone
07-15-2008, 06:38 AM
I give you that one. Your right somewhat I mean we all can start putting in place some basics and hit it hard after Hallowee. Also I was thinking and said this before we need a President, Vice President, and a board I think there should be a board of 12 standing members with 3 from the south, 3 from the north, 3 from the east, and 3 from the west this way all areas of the US Haunt Buyers are well repersented. Shane

bodybagging
07-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Wow replies that good deserve to be in threes!