PDA

View Full Version : Batman

hauntedhousenut
07-18-2008, 03:54 AM
Alright it's here, who's going to see it this weekend?

graystone
07-18-2008, 05:42 AM
I know I would have more fun if Larry went with me dressed in his Batman costume! Shane

mindtumor
07-18-2008, 09:00 AM
I am going tonight, I heard they are running it 48 straight hours here. Oh and Shane, what is with all the odd Larry requests today? First you want pictures of him being hot, sweaty, dirty, and doing something and now you want him to play dress up with you? I don't think it is Tyler that is obsessed...LOL!

mrs_boo
07-18-2008, 09:06 AM
I am...can't wait! It's gonna be good. Gonna go to the Imax theatre!

mindtumor
07-18-2008, 09:08 AM
I am...can't wait! It's gonna be good. Gonna go to the Imax theatre!

I kind of figured you would be there...

ChrisGM
07-18-2008, 11:25 AM
My girlfriend went and saw it today... she said it was very good movie, better than Batman Begins! She thought it was 2 and half hours, but it's not.... it's only like 2 hours and 15 minutes - something like that. Some violence and menace. She told me that she would give the star ratings: ***1/2

shredman
07-18-2008, 12:35 PM
I am going to see it tonight at eight should be good

Haunted Nashville
07-18-2008, 12:39 PM
I just got home from the movie and thought it was incredible. One of the best films I have ever seen.

drfrightner
07-18-2008, 12:42 PM
I already saw it... Midnight show last night. It was awesome. After seeing it though I'm still trying to figure the movie out. When I left the theater I was trying to figure out how much I liked it. The movie is a real downer as several people are killed (won't spoil it for you) but SEVERAL people are killed off in this movie.

The movie on one had is somewhat depressing because this movie is so good, I can't see Nolan agreeing to doing another one. Why would he? There is so much praise heeped on him for this one why not go out on top.

Additionally (spoiler) at the end of the movie you don't know the Jokers fate, you only assume he lives and ends up in the asylum...it was my understanding that it was always part of the plan that the Joker was going to be in a part three. NOW... how would want to play The Joker?

Could ANYONE ever again play the Joker now that so much praise has been put on Ledgers shoulder? If you do another one it would be compared to Dark Knight, and Heath Ledger. That is unfair to any future film or future actor who would play Joker.

Again I assume Joker lives, although the movie doesn't really tell you one way or another, but still a Batman worlds without Joker is a world without Batman.

In the moive Joker says to Batman 'You complete me...we should do this forever'.

The Joker is the best comic book villian of all-time, and they finally found someone who could nail the role dead-on, someone who will probably be nomiated for an academy award for the role, someone who will finally take The Joker to the next level on the iconic stage, and he's gone, gone forever.

No one else can play the Joker no one... and with it seems to me the Batman franchise is gone for good! I predict that Nolan will not direct another Batman movie, he must go out on top. The ending in this movie doesn't lead you to believe there will be another, although it is hinted at but not as clear as the first.

I believe in Harvey Dent and I also believe Batman will die off with The Dark Knight, and Warners will crank up Justice League and we'll see Batman through those films. Warner will crank up other hero's like The Flash and Wonder Woman finally, and maybe make Superman in the same vien as Batman.

Like I said it is a sad die because I think this is the end of Batman.

Larry

Mike Honcho
07-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Gonna see it tonight

hauntedhousenut
07-18-2008, 01:24 PM
'The Dark Knight' sets record for debut, surpassing star wars

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D920EJK80&show_article=1

The Ghoulish Gallery
07-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Larry,

Both Nolan and Bale have already stated that they are up to doing another Batman film in this recent USA Today article.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-07-17-nolan-bale_N.htm

I think their willingness to do another film plus the mind-boggling opening weekend box office take this is going to pull in should cause Warner Brothers (WB) to do a quick green light on the next installment of the Batman franchise.

WB is well aware they have a very hot property here and Ledger or no Ledger you better believe WB will strike while the iron is hot.

Out of the rumor mill: I have heard Depp's name being tossed around as a possible replacement for Ledger as new Joker. I absolutely loved Ledger in this role and think his interpretation of the Joker is one of film's all time greatest bad guys. It's really hard for me to imagine anyone, including Depp, stepping into this role. However, I didn't think Nicholson could top Romero and I seriously, seriously doubted Ledger could top Nicholson. If anyone could pull it off it would be Depp.
One things for sure, the Joker character is so dynamic that I doubt WB would not insist he be included him in the next film. Seriously, WB would have had the character killed off if they thought Ledger couldn't be replaced. If anyone could pull it off it would be Depp. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what Warner Brothers, Nolan and Bale decide to do.

Either way, I'm excited that everything is leaning towards another Batman film being made in the near future.

-Tim Turner
www.ghoulishgallery.com

graystone
07-18-2008, 05:38 PM
FYI I recieved a call today from WB asking me to be the next Joker I told them that it all depends on where the TransWorlds 2010 show will take place. I think they will be making some calls. Sean my friend looks like were heading to Orlando! Shane and its "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light" Shane this time.

The Ghoulish Gallery
07-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I want some of whatever Graystone is drinking.

Tim Turner
www.theghoulishgallery.com

ChrisGM
07-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Ok, When the Joker is over... the end... what about the next movie??? Such as Batman battles The Penguin? The Riddler? Catwoman? And, what about Batman's buddy Robin?? Maybe Batwoman????? I think Batwoman would be very sexy bitch!!! LOL

mrs_boo
07-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Got to see it and unfortunately didn't get to go to imax since they were sold out. Awesome movie!! I applaud Heath Ledger's Joker. Batman's bike was extremely cool too!

Another spoiler here, Larry we don't actually know that Harvey Dent died, they also led us to believe that Gordon had died. But there were a LOT of casualties.

I agree that Depp would make a good Joker. He's definetely got the talent for it.

SSP
07-18-2008, 11:29 PM
What ever happened to creating a work of art that by itself stands the test of time, and not the number of sequels it allows? I think this movie was done beautifully, beyond anything a lot of people ever expected, a full story with a complete resolution but still allowing play at the end. In these few hours after seeing the movie, I just find it hard to understand why people are already onto thinking about the next thing. Sure there's more stories to re-create in the Batman series, more characters, more money to be made.... but why clutter your haunts rooms with expensive props when you could tastefully decorate it with a few? In my opinion there shouldn't be a sequel, at least not with the Joker, in tribute to a wonderful work of art and Mr. Ledger himself. For anyone to step in and try and re-create what was done would be disgraceful, and only met with criticism whether done good or bad.

I don't know... I just feel like the film itself was so powerful and crafted so well that it deserves a lot of credit, not in comparison to what was or will be. I can't imagine a movie that would top it, but it's possible...as long as they respectfully keep the Joker out. After all, the most exact impersonation is still an impersonation, it will never be, look or feel the same, no matter what. What Heath Ledger had to go through to develop that character.... Name someone who could play Jack Sparrow in another Pirates sequel and piss no one off? Haha

"Did I tell you how I got these scars?"

drfrightner
07-19-2008, 01:26 AM
I mentioned Depp myself as a possible replacement, however I doubt he would take the roll after Ledger. To much praise has been heeped on Ledger now for anyone to step in and get a fair shake.

Batman in this movie tells the Joker you'll be spending you nights in a padded cell... if anyone knows the comics, Joker was in Arkam and the Joker charmed Harey Quinn who is one of the doctors at Arkam to help him escape so he can come back for sure.

But now I can't see ANYONE EVER playing The Joker but Ledger and I think many top flight actors will feel the same.

Before we see The Joker again it won't be a movie made by Nolan, and at this point what Batman movie would anyone want to see without Nolan?

Nolan is the new biggest and best thing in Hollywood...I'm just glad he's on Batman!

Larry

MDKing
07-19-2008, 06:13 AM
Depp would actually prompt me to actually see one of these films again! That would be cool. My brother saw it last night, he said the last Hulk movie was just as good as it. Was Hulk that cool?

Allan

damon carson
07-19-2008, 09:18 AM
I dont see how Hulk could be as good. Hulk wasnt that great. I want to see this new Batman. Depp would be a good replacement I guess him and Ledger were friends. But I doubt if he will take the role if offered.?!
Damon

Nightgore
07-19-2008, 11:52 AM
I've attached a pic of Johnny Depp, I don't know where from, but I've doctored (photoshopped) the pic to look like the Joker... I think it COULD be pulled, or at least the look... I couldn't judge the acting, but here you go:

-Hauntguy

drfrightner
07-19-2008, 12:01 PM
The other rumor for the Joker is the guy who played in the movie NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN... Javier something.

I can see him in the role for sure.

I would choose either that guy or Depp. Depp is the best actor in Hollywood who can play nearly anything. I would love to see Depp play the role for sure, but I wouldn't be upset to see the Javier guy play him either. That guy was crazy in No Country for Old Men.

Larry

professornightmare
07-19-2008, 12:15 PM
I thought the movie was just "good". I heard alot of yawns from the crowd and even my kids thought he was a wimp compared to Hellboy! He couldn't even handle "dogs" in this movie. I agree, the joker was impressive but Bale sounded like he was doing a "bad" Clint Eastwood impression..go see Hellboy 2 instead!!

drfrightner
07-19-2008, 02:09 PM
I saw Hellboy and thought it was good, hell even great! I loved Hellboy one and two. However I wouldn't put it in the league of storytelling, acting, nothing of Dark Knight. Dark Knight and Hellboy are very different types of movies... Hellboy has more monsters and more over the top action.

The creativity that oozed out of Dark Knight was un-real like how Batman was able to go after the hong kong villian and then escape the police by having a plane snatch him. That was awesome!

As for those dogs those where big dogs!!! REALLY BIG DOGS... as Batman said.

Remember Batman is a man dressed like a bat, and Hellboy is a creature from HELL!!! LOL

Larry

professornightmare
07-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Which means I'd rather go drink'n with Hellboy! I agree that the "break-in" part of Batman was cool but that was already done by "Mission Impossible".

Jim Warfield
07-19-2008, 02:22 PM
The plane snatch was also done in a few WW2 movies, except they made it seem more down-to-earth real because there was no CGI and they actually snatched people from the ground with a rope laid between two masts and the tailhook snagged it and yanked them fiercely up, the person had to be rolled up as a tight ball to avoid getting injured.
I would have been very tempted to have Batman and the Chinese guy get smacked into a 20 story building and fall to their death and let the movie continue as the The Joker Movie.
The Clint Eastwood voice was stupid. Maybe someone was thinking how lame the old Superman TV show was when nobody could recognise
Superman as Clark Kent, I mean, they had the same voice! (Same face, same build) Some people look real different wearing glasses ..but not THAT different!

drfrightner
07-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Many times movies are measured by box office success of the cult following they obtain through video, dvd or whatever. Long after Hellboy is gone and forgotten Dark Knight will still reign as the most celebrated comic book movie ever, in large thanks to Heath Ledger but also the whole cast.

I loved Hellboy and truely hope they make another one, maybe 5 years from now when Ron Pearlman is 65 years old, errr after the director who loves HellBoy gets done making two Hobbit movie, which will consum his life for the next 5 years but...

Hellboy doesn't stack up to Dark Knight in anyway. Dark Knight is like a real crime movie, umm a Godfather type of movie only centered around comic book icons.

Hellboy is a movie that is totally unrealistic in every way, where as Batman is somewhat believable, which is why I think people love Batman, he's human.

Batman is the #1 comic book here in the WORLD, Spiderman and Superman look up to Batman and finally we got a real look at a real world of Batman.

My only beef with this movie is that you dont' get to see more of the Joker.

He was breathtaking!

Larry

drfrightner
07-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Batman grossed 65 million on Friday, breaking the record held by the last Star Wars movie. Batman is on its way to being the number one grossing weekend movie of all time. We'll see...

Larry

Haunted Illinois
07-19-2008, 09:29 PM
I always thought that title was completely worthless.

“Number one grossing movie of all time”.

Duh! As movie prices increase, along with the general population growing, of course the gross income of future movies is going to follow suit. It's not rocket science!!!

HIGHER PRICES X MORE PEOPLE = MORE MONEY

With that being said, such a title means absolutely NOTHING, unless you are comparing movies released within a few years of each other and if these factors are taken into consideration (which they NEVER are).

Given enough time to allow for the proper population growth and movie ticket price increases, I’m sure that "Ishtar V" could be the “Number one grossing movie of all time” LOL

drfrightner
07-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Adam,

One thing you are also not factoring in is DVD, HBO, Pay per view, things that limit the amount of people who watch movies and wait for cheaper alternatives.

But if you go to www.boxofficemojo.com (http://www.boxofficemojo.com) they will show you the top movies with inflation factored in.

Larry

KroneDaddy
07-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Depp as the Joker, but wait, he has to do Dark Shadows first

Tim

mindtumor
07-19-2008, 10:36 PM
I can picture other actors as The Joker. I don't think Depp is the only other person that can pull The Joker off. I would enjoy seeing The Joker in Arkham in the next movie, also I would like to see the newly rebuilt Arkham prominately featured in the next film. They will not stop making Batman movies and I am positive Nolan will do the next one. And Bale is already signed on.

lurker
07-19-2008, 11:53 PM
Over the years I have gotten to the point where I go into a movie I want to see ready to forgive. Experience has taught me that the acting is going to be bad, or the writing, the plot, or directing will be weak. It is just a matter of odds, so if you want to enjoy a film you have to be willing to forgive.
I have to say I didn’t have to forgive anything about The Darknight. That was as close to flawless movie making I have ever seen. It blew me away!

Darkangel
07-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Oh no, John are you SAYING there are yet more corny one liners in this new Batman film? That's why I grew to hate those movies those one-liners were so LAME!!! "Chicks dig the car" :mad:

Infoamtek
07-20-2008, 08:10 AM
My choice for Joker would be Willam Dafoe.

Nightgore
07-20-2008, 08:55 AM
And... here is William Dafoe as Joker...

-Hauntguy

Greg Chrise
07-20-2008, 09:12 AM
I saw it last night. This morning my impression is, all you have to do to impress us common folk these days is show lots of barrels of gasoline and drive cars fast all the way across town more than 5 times and it's Wow!

I wonder if the weasel accountant that figured out how the tumbler came about becomes Robin?

professornightmare
07-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Well Larry,
We will have to agree to disagree...it's not all about the hype or monitary gross for me. I just didn't think it was anything but a good rehash of previous films. I don't think it was flawless...it was just ok. As for being hailed as the best superhero movie of all time??? No..Way You say it was realistic....uh yeah..not as realistic or suspenseful as "Brokeback Mountain..LOL! Ledger was awesome as the Joker but it's Eastwood who deserves the true credit for Bale's bad impersonation.

drfrightner
07-20-2008, 12:00 PM
John,

I didn't like the movie because of how much money it made it was brilliant storytelling, incredible action, and outstanding acting. This movie will be nominated for best picture, best director, best cinematography, best special effects, best sound editing, and best original script, and best supporting actor for Heath Ledger.

You would clearly be in the minority on this one, as every reviewer in America is rating this movie the best comic book movie of all time. John we both know this isn't your kind of movie...you lost cool monsters!

This movie has none of that so I can understand why are you not flipping for it... but back to the money thing.

Batman has now broken the ALL-TIME record for most money in the opening weekend at 155 MILLION!

This movie should end up north of 400 MILLION when it is all said and done.

I would say by Friday it will be up to 205 Million and by the end of next weekend somewhere around 285.

Larry

Jim Warfield
07-20-2008, 01:50 PM
As soon as I get the rushes back from my" Ravens Grin Inn-The Movie", there will be no nedia hype, because nobody will get a screening, I'll only be selling one or two tickets to see it for 300 million dollars each, so the Dark Knight box office record will fall..then a month later "Ravens" will be released on DVD for a mere $25,000 a copy.
Yes, this movie will be chocked full of special defects!

hauntedhousenut
07-20-2008, 02:31 PM
I was very pleased, it did not disappoint.

Motograter
07-20-2008, 03:05 PM
I agree with you nut. I saw it Friday night and I was very happy with the movie. I will definitely be buying it on dvd when it comes out. I might even go see it again in a week or two with my brother and g/f.

KroneDaddy
07-20-2008, 03:31 PM
OK is it me, or is Maggie Gyllenhall ugly as a mud fence? I was no fan of katy Holmes in the last movie, but DAMN, this Rachel is just homely. OK those of you that know me know I am no Adonis, nor do I claim to be, but then again I am not playing the love interest of Harvey Dent (even though he is dreamy), but I kept thinking, OK what is the attraction. She's a good enough actress, she looks too much like Jake.

OK let me have it about being sexist, and superficial, etc. Even if she had a nice body, which I don't think she really does, I'm sorry, wrong choice for the heroine.

KDaddy

graystone
07-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I am a Jack fan but Heath made the Joker in this movie! After going to see it I am now moving over to the Dark Side in my opinion Batman is Dead! Long live the Joker. Larry if your up to it I want to come over to your house and you be Batman and I want to play the Joker!!!! Larry why would I want to kill you? What would I do without you! Shane and its the Joker from now on this time!

professornightmare
07-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Well Larry,
Your right.it had no cool monsters but neither did Iron Man and thought that was "WAAAYYYYY" better....actually I even liked WALL-E better...they were simply more fun to watch..:) I also agree with Kronedaddy...Spiderman's girl was "hotter". I kept expecting Morgan Freeman to tell Bruce Wayne to build an ARC but I guess I'm over- lapping movies.

Larry..you said, "brilliant storytelling, incredible action, and outstanding acting. This movie will be nominated for best picture, best director, best cinematography, best special effects, best sound editing, and best original script, and best supporting actor for Heath Ledger. "

I say, the "most over-rated", not bad, sufficient, too long, re-hash" but not as cool as Iron Man ,super hero movie. Can you really say Bale "acted" in this movie???

drfrightner
07-20-2008, 05:16 PM
John

LOL. Dude you like popcorn movies, silly monsters, over the top action, and Batman is none of that so yeah maybe it doesn't appeal to you. Iron Man was good but it was popcorn movie as was Hellboy. I'd have to think which one I liked better Hellboy or Iron Man...hmmm maybe the same

Anyway...the biggest COMIC BOOK GEEK in the world is Kevin Smith (clerks) and he wrote that Dark Knight is taking comic book movies to a level he never imagined, and states its the best thing he's ever seen in his life.

Dark Knight is the best comic book movie ever made, and the majority of America agrees, critics agree, even highly respected directors and film makers agree.

The actors that will line up out the door to work with Nolan will be a who's who...

Dark Knight is NOT a popcorn movie, it is a movie that takes itself serious, it is scary, it's dark and awesome!

If you like over the top movies like Iron Man this isn't your movie.

Lastly, John come on Iron Man is in a cave in the desert and he makes that suit, get real, that is a popcorn movie through and through... I liked it but it is not in the league wth Dark Knight.

Larry

professornightmare
07-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Iron man would just blast a dog...plus he has a "hotter" assistant. I love Christian Bale when he "acts" like in "The Machinist"..be he was just "phoning in" here. Iron man blows up terrorist and outruns jets! Batman can't even run over a badly made-up clown with a motorcycle!
Maybe they will do "Robin" the yellow knight with the other "Brokeback" dude ;)
If this was a UFC match...my money would "not" be on Batman...

hauntedhousenut
07-20-2008, 08:05 PM
If larry said the movie sucked, you probably would of said it was the greatest thing ever, your bias towards him is noted!

professornightmare
07-21-2008, 07:06 AM
We agree on many..just not this one but I don't judge movies on what others say...but thanks for "noting" my bias??? I am entitled to my opinion just as Larry is to his...just as you are entitled to predict other's bias's!!!

damon carson
07-21-2008, 09:10 AM
I saw The Dark Knight last night. I thought it was great! This movie was very well scripted. The action and chase scenes were phenomenal. Heath Ledger was an excellent Joker. Its really too bad he wont be back for another. It was a really good movie but I wouldnt say the best super hero movie ever. I still think Sam Raimis Spider Man II was way better far as a comic book movie. Darkknight was like too real. At one point it didnt seem like a Batman movie. And then when they showed Joker or Batman its like what are these characters doing here? But overall it was a good movie.
Damon

mindtumor
07-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey I am a HUGE Batman fan and I loved the movie. I will say this though, The Joker in the comics is still quite a bit more evil then The Joker in this movie. And to tell you the truth Batman in the comics is still even more darker and angrier then in this movie. The problem is you can't really do a truly comic acurate Batman and not have it be rated R. That being said I really liked the movie but I am going to stick to my guns and say I still think there is a better interpretation of The Joker out there(but I did enjoy The Joker in this movie).

drfrightner
07-22-2008, 04:17 AM
John,

If Batman fought Iron Man, Batman would kick the crap out of him! Tony Stark is a billionaire wimp who wears a metal suit because he can't fight otherwise. How long with a mono e mono fight last between Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark? Ahhh like five seconds?

It would be an interested fight to the finish because Stark makes weapons and is a billionaire and Wayne is a billionaire who makes weapons. Batman would figure out who Iron Man is and kill him like a Ninja would long before he could even suit up!

No contest at all!

A real fight would be Punisher vs. Batman but Tony Stark give me a break!

Lastly, dude HELLO... they are comic book movies, you could wake up today and all of a sudden Batman can shoot laser beams out of his eyes because of a freak accident. LOL

In the comics Batman fought Superman and kicked his BUTT!!!! What would happen if Iron Man fought Superman... he'd be turned into a tin can. Iron Man doesn't stand a chance vs. the Hulk and in the comics Superman fought Hulk and beat that butt!

And again Batman whipped Superman! Sooo....

I'll take Batman over Iron Man ANYDAY!

And again you would be way in the minority here, because right now we have a dukeroo... Iron Man vs. Batman.

Right now Iron Man stands at 313 million and Batman at 158 million.

Who do you think will win??? LOL

Dude Batman is going over 425 million to pass up all comic book movies EVER!

Right now Iron Man is winning but not for long baby! As for Hulk Dark Knight kicked his AZZZZZ in one weekend!!! Hulk is a bomb at the boxoffice grossing only $130 million TOTAL!

Larry

mindtumor
07-22-2008, 06:09 AM
Batman HAS fought the Punisher and made him look like a fool. Also the ENTIRE DC universe is afraid of Batman and Marvel is full of a bunch of chumps anyway.

Ironman
07-22-2008, 07:02 AM
Maybe the Bat just needs more formidable foes:
http://www.moviesfoundonline.com/batman_dead_end.php

drfrightner
07-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks for sharing that... you can find a better version to watch on you tube so it will load faster. Actually there are other movies made by fans as well including one where Robin and Superman are trying to avenge Batmans death, blah, blah.

In case you ddn't know it our industries very own Patrick McGee did eveyone for Batman Deadend.

Hjp0I_okX0w

drfrightner
07-22-2008, 08:45 AM
XiZuvJ48MZ0

drfrightner
07-22-2008, 09:00 AM
hQU0DnCAnDU

professornightmare
07-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Ok..with out the suit you have a point but then he is "not" Batman yet nor is Stark Ironman but in the suit Ironman woukd kill him and the dogs that Batman can't even take.
Now for Hellboy, he would crush Batman! Remember, Batman might carry shark repellent on his belt like in the old movie but I doubt if he carry's Hellboy repellent!
I agree that Superman was a wimp but Batman was a bore...but at least he could do Eastwood voice overs is the business got tough! :)

Jim Warfield
07-22-2008, 07:37 PM
No he couldn't do Eastwood voices, my wife read somewhere that Bale's voice was a computer played with or maybe even wholly computer generated sound.

damon carson
07-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Batman has more troubles than Hellboy or Ironman. He was just put in jail for allegedly assualting his mother and sister. They are saying it may hurt at the boxoffice!
Damon

Tater
07-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Do you think that he "Punched" His mom and sister for talking about how awesome the joker is in this movie and making fun of the Batman voice he does...I mean im sure one can only take so much of LOOOK HOW AWESOME HEATH LEDGER IS...Oh and your OK too.

FearSeeker
07-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Tater,

You're so funny. That one truly made me laugh out loud! Thanks! I needed that!

damon carson
07-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Tater your right! LOL! Christians little voice he does as Batman sucks! I could do better! Im sorry but it wouldnt take many an actor to upstage him! Hell Michael Cain and Morgan Freeman are way better actors than Christian Bale. And I always thought American Psycho sucked! How in the hell did this guy ever become Batman?!
Damon

GingerSnaps
07-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Has anyone heard the real story of why Christian allegedly assaulted his wife and mother? Just curious.

professornightmare
07-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Yes..his mother is not pressing charges because "she" won the fight..now she will be Batman and fall in love with Hellboy!

drfrightner
07-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Dark Knight is the fastest ever to 300 million, by crossing the 300 million mark this weekend with another 75 million over the weekend. Dark Knight is now up to 313 million just a million or so behind Iron Man for the #1 spot for the entire year. Iron Man will go down in flames on Monday, when Dark Knight grosses another 12 million or so.

Dark Knight is headed for the 450 to 500 million range...it will pass Spiderman as the #1 Comic Book money maker of ALL-TIME.

It should gross around 45 million Monday - Thursday and then pick up another 35 million or so next weekend which should put it at around 393 million. The movie should end up north of 500 million, but I doubt it will catch Titanic.

Larry

graystone
07-27-2008, 02:13 PM
I think your a Gene Shallot. Do you have dreams of him? Shane and its I really want to know Shane this time!

RoguesHollow
07-27-2008, 02:44 PM
I finally saw the movie last night and I was blown away. I went in expecting it to be good but then my expectations were exceeded! This film is not for kids. Its probably the first superhero movie, if you can call batman that, that was written for adults. The storyline is very complex as is the overall message of the movie. Anyone going to to watch car chases and fight scenes will most likely be disappointed. Anyone interested in a real well written story with a protagonist that is struggling with his purpose will be overjoyed with this.

My only issues were batmans voice with still sounds almost silly, the Hong Kong Subplot which seemed unnecessary, and Maggie Gyllenhall who I find just off-putting.

professornightmare
07-27-2008, 03:04 PM
I heard a rumor that Bale's mom and sister found the fight scenes "too" realistic!!!

FearSeeker
07-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Or did they like the fight scenes so much that they decided to re-enact them? :D

damon carson
07-30-2008, 03:06 PM
This is old news now but did anyone hear about the kid dressing up as the Joker and trying to stell the movie posters from the theater? Shane I hope that wasnt you! Ha!
Damon