PDA

View Full Version : Haunt in Iraq

Midnight Syndicate
11-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Hello,

Hope everyone had a great season.

Congrats to all the haunts who got the big press this year. From the Discovery Channel shows, and newspaper articles, to features on AOL, and beyond, it seems like more and more the press is giving the industry the exposure it deserves. Even we got onto the front page of The Plain Dealer along with some of our friends from Bloodview (thanks for the quote, Larry!)

We had a first this year that I thought might be of interest to the group - we had someone register a haunt in Iraq.

The haunt in Iraq was put together by some soldiers in an effort to bring a little bit of the season to their fellow soldiers on the base. Liz had them up as our featured haunt. Since then, the Corporal putting it on has given us an update and Liz has posted that as well.

http://www.legionsofthenight.com/haunts

I found it inspiring how they made something creative under extraordinary circumstances to bring a reminder of home to the folks over there.

We hope everyone had a successful 2006. We have some major announcements here at Midnight Syndicate that we're looking forward to sharing in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks again,

Ed

SomeThingInTheIce
11-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Cool, thanks for that Ed.

Joedog
11-08-2006, 07:54 PM
My converation with the Afghanistan Haunt

Me:
How did it go?

Levarius:
Amazing!!!! Still working on collecting as many photo's as I can and then I will send you a CD of them when I finally get everything packed and mailed out! You would have had fun, how was yours man?

Me:
it was interesting to say the least. we only had 100 hours before show started to be ready to open. but those that came though gave nothing but amazing reveiws and that has garnered us some attention by a few groups that want us to be their build team next year.

Joe

Levarius:
Very good indeed, we were given about 48 hours in the building to setup ours, but I think it turmed out well for Afghanistan

Midnight Syndicate
11-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Wow Joedog.

Is he a friend of yours?

Joedog
11-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Just someone who asked for help in here a few months back....

Jim Warfield
11-09-2006, 06:11 PM
I just got off the phone with a man from Florida. He is coming to Mount Carroll next week to film a little spot about The Ravens Grin for Armed Forces TV.......