PDA

View Full Version : CreepyWorld Under Construction

drfrightner
07-24-2008, 06:49 AM
Okay here we go...

However you won't see many photos soon because we're just getting started and the place is really dirty right now. We're cleaning up stuff, repairing broken rails, blah, blah.

We're doing a lot to the place such as rebuilding Tombstone, adding a really cool graveyard, adding some new scenes to our trailer haunt, and rebuilding one of the mazes in SiloX using a lot of Scareparts vac form. Next week the WHOLE Graveyard and upgrades to the mansion will be done. Everything all in one week. This week we're laying the ground work for it so next week is just putting it all together. So I will have a lot of pics of that stuff next week.

However we are rebuilding the Tombstone Haunted Hayride right now...

The adventure starts NOW...

MMManiac
07-24-2008, 09:03 AM
hmmm wood!

UnDeRTaKer313
07-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Looks really sweet !
how did you make the wood sideing is it actually wood siding or like luan cut in strips

graystone
07-24-2008, 03:33 PM
I know where you can get some wood. Are you thinking what I am thinking? Shane and its I am on probation Shane this time!

MMManiac
07-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Come on nut... Im senseing a Tyler comment comming!

Jim Warfield
07-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Thems the priziest-looking pallets I've ever scene!
Better cover them with black plastic to weather-proof it!

damon carson
07-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Nice looking facades Larry! I really enjoyed the Tombstone Hayride last year! I always liked the old Tombstone haunted house I really miss it. It was really cool! But at least you kept part of it for the hayride. Is it going to be longer this year? Anything completely new for Creepyworld this year? Are you doing the cornfield again? Or did you scrap it for something else? Cant wait to see it!
Damon

drfrightner
07-30-2008, 06:35 AM
A couple more from Creepyworld but you won't really start to see some progress here until next week.

damon carson
07-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Is that going to be a church or an old school house? It looks cool! Jim look out for that big........ROCKPILE!
Damon

SomeThingInTheIce
07-30-2008, 06:28 PM
WOW, you can rent it out in the off season.lol.

drfrightner
08-05-2008, 02:24 AM
I will post more Creepyworld Photos today. The Darkness is DONE! We have a full crew working on Creepyworld everyday. I will get photos and post them today. Look out. Larry

UnDeRTaKer313
08-05-2008, 06:49 AM
congratulations on getting the darkness done.
Are you going to put up a bunch of pics of it finished.
Also will you be making a video of it?

Haunting Copy
08-05-2008, 03:31 PM
You're "just getting started"?? Wow. When I say those
words, it means I've almost got all the stuff down from
the attic!

Sarah

TheWillies
08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Looks great so far! Anxiously awaiting the next set of photos!

drfrightner
08-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Here are some more of Creepyworld...not a whole lot to report here will get going hard and strong soon!

Larry

SomeThingInTheIce
08-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Ahhh, again your corn is growing bigger then mine. I've given up trying to grow that stuff. Someone should make fake corn stocks for us farming impaired.lol.
Looks good!

drfrightner
08-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I will have some more cool pics of Creepyworld on Tuesday. Keep checking back! Larry

Haunting Copy
08-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Larry, it looks *great*!

Is that ALUMINUM in that casket?? :O

Sarah

drfrightner
08-12-2008, 11:43 PM
We are getting closer on Creepyworld but we are still REALLY far out on this attraction... it is very slow going. We are going to focus on The Darkness the rest of this week then put EVERYONE on Creepyworld day and night.

The last bit of our orders for Creepyworld came in today so by this weekend we'll start getting more done. Here are a couple of pictures of inside the Trailer haunt... we built a kitchen and a freezer. We made real steel walls so it really looks cool.

The other pics are of a windmill we built which let me tell you is really cool and it works!!!!

Larry

drfrightner
08-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Here are some pics of the progress of Tombstone Ghost Town.

Larry

damon carson
08-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Looking nice! I like the freezer and the windmill. "But what about the guy in the electric chair in the kitchen?" "What did he ever do to you?!" "Piss on your hushpuppies?!"
Damon

MDKing
08-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Did you guys make those tombstones, and crypts, those are nice!!!

Allan

drfrightner
08-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Yes I know it is somewhat odd to have an electric chair in a kitchen but at this point we just rolled with it... we had it, it fit into the stove space, it was animated so we threw it in there! LOL

We are going to hook him up to a microwave and make it look like he's being zapped. Trust me I know it is odd! Everyone from my crew laughed at me when I said to put it in there but that is what we are doing.

Time is running out ... but if you ask me it looks good in there.

Larry

drfrightner
08-13-2008, 01:58 PM
We personally made the crypts and tombstones and we hard coated them ourself with our hard coat gun. All of the crypts, tombs, everything for Creepyworld, Darkness and Kennywood we made ourself. Larry

MDKing
08-13-2008, 02:01 PM
You should sell things like that! I love those gothic features!

Allan

damon carson
08-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Guess it kinda makes sense. Hince the word Shake and Bake! Ha Ha! Did you catch my Frightners saying? Sure you did! Again looks awesome! Was the ice in the freezer great stuff painted white? Looks cool! No pun intended.
Damon

Jim Warfield
08-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Have a metal pan in the electrocution guy's lap with water in it and some hard-boiled eggs.
Or maybe a miniture version of himself as a ventriloquist dummy in his lap, it could be a mini-Frankenstein who comes to life as the voltage kills the big guy.
Of course mini-Franky gets too much voltage, goes into a siezure mode and gives birth to those hard boiled eggs!
Follow me?
Stay close it's a dark tunnel.
What's that sound? It's behind us!
It's the sound of rolling hard-boiled eggs!
They have found us! RUN!"
"Curse of the Cackle-berries!"

drfrightner
08-14-2008, 02:43 AM
The ones inside the Darkness are a lot better...when you come to The Darkness in March you'll see for yourself! The Darkness graveyard is 20 times better than Creepyworlds but Creepys is bigger!

If the show comes back to St. Louis in 2010 we will try and arrange a haunt tour of Creepyworld!

Creepyworld is made up of a trailer haunted house, a graveyard, tombstone haunted hayride, and a really big haunt in SiloX. Silo-X is about 28,000 square feet all by itself, the hayride is about 1/4 mile long, the trailer haunt with the graveyard is abou 5,000 square feet so this place is really big!

We also have a cornfield which is about 16,000 square feet!

It is massive place!

Larry

drfrightner
08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
More... more of Creepyworld.

drfrightner
08-20-2008, 04:16 PM
And here are some more... more to come soon.

We are going to blast through the graveyard this week and should have some cool photos of that by Saturday. Right now the Graveyard is a WRECK!

Larry

graystone
08-20-2008, 06:15 PM
I will tell you this I do very much like the CreepyWorld photos. This place looks more believable than the Darkness to me. The Darkness looks more like a movie set/ museum and to me it comes off as nice but I know thats all fake. CreepWorld's buildings, cornfield, ect is more what Shane likes. Its way more realistic because its not over done. Anyway I will say I do like it. Now don't over do it. Shane and its Paul do you see what I see Shane this time!

MMManiac
08-20-2008, 06:26 PM
I agree with Shane on this one! (I can see it now. People accusing me of kissing shanens ass) Creepyworld seems much more.. creepy! Sometimes u can over do it but I think Creppyworld is just right...

drfrightner
08-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Creepyworld does more attendance than the Darkness so you are not in the minority there, however I will say they are totally different attractions.

Darkness is unreal, tons of props, eye candy and Hollywood sets, while Creepyworld is more of a Halloween atmosphere. Personally I know Darkness is a better overall haunted house, but I think Creepyworld is a better attraction. If that makes any sense to you?

Larry

damon carson
08-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Is this Grislys Graveyard a new attraction to itself at Creepy World? Or is it part of Ravens Manor? Just wondering? Can we see some pics or more if you have already posted some? Thinking maybe the one with the hearse ect maybe part of it.
Thanks,
Damon

drfrightner
08-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Here are some more photos. Larry

drfrightner
08-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Here are some more this is our new Graveyard at Creepyworld. Larry

drfrightner
08-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Here are some more pics of Creepyworld. Notice the one pic with the water flying out of the barrels...its a gunfight.

There is another gunfight on the other side same thing.

Larry

Raycliff Manor
08-28-2008, 07:51 AM
WOW! WOW! WOW! I'm so looking forward to seeing this in person! WOW!

Kel

drfrightner
08-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Here are some more then... I hope these get the same reaction. LOL

If the Transworld haunt show comes back to St. Louis in 2010 I will open Creepyworld, which is five haunted houses in the same location. But these haunts are big... Larry

Larry

damon carson
08-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Do the water pumps come on for the barrels when the guns shots go off to make it look like they got holes put into them?
damon

drfrightner
09-06-2008, 10:51 PM
I will be posting more photos of Creepyworld on MONDAY NIGHT... Creepyworld is DONE! I will be doing an inspection of Creepyworld on Monday and will take more photos. Plus we will be upload a Creepyworld television commercial as well as a Darkness tv commercial.

Stay tuned.

Larry

J-Haunt
09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Love watching the progress, keep 'em coming!!

UnDeRTaKer313
09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
allrighty larry lets see the pics =)

drfrightner
09-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Finally eh...

Creepyworld is still not ready to go so pictures are going slow but here are a few...

Creepyworld needs another WEEKS worth of work, it will open but not correctly, not 110%. I will try and get more photos of Creepyworld once its 110% which should be before next week.

Larry

drfrightner
09-11-2008, 02:52 AM
Whoops here are some pics...

Larry

drfrightner
09-12-2008, 01:44 AM
Here are some more photos as promised!!! These are mostly of the graveyard at night with lighting. Next week I will debut Creepyworld Television commercial and a daytime video of Creepyworld showing off several aspects.

FYI... Creepyworld will be on Travel Channel!

They are coming to film the attraction on September 20th.

Larry

drfrightner
09-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Here are a few more... should I keep posting them or is everyone sick of them already? LOL

Larry

damon carson
09-12-2008, 08:51 AM
No keep posting them. I love the lighting.
Damon

dr0zombie
09-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Looks great. You guys do an incredible job with your sets!

Dr Spooktakular
09-12-2008, 10:58 AM
What kind of lighting are you guys using? or What technique is used to achieve just that right look?

damon carson
09-12-2008, 02:45 PM
If Creepy World is the largest outdoor attraction in America, wouldnt it be the largest in Missouri??? I would think so?! This site says different. www.hauntedproductions.com. We all know who this is Larry! Wink, Wink! LOL!
Damon

drfrightner
09-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Here is a tip for you... when you promote your haunted house and you enter things on blogs, you title the sections for popular keyword phrases, so hoping it would come up in a search. I know we're not the biggest in America, and in our marketing here locally we do not say that we say one of the biggest, however 'one of the biggest' isn't a popular keyword on Yahoo or Google.

LOL

Larry

damon carson
09-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Larry I wasnt saying that Creepy World isnt. Or even if it isnt its gotta be damn close. This other link for a fact isnt. I thought maybe you might want to read it.? It might be good for a laugh or two.
Damon

beardedbil
09-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Larry, or anyone else who runs a haunted hayride,
I had a quick question about your sets for creepyworld, which I think are really great. Looking at your pictures there are a few sets that seem to be only facades and was curious if you sink any wood into the ground (make footings) so that it provides a more steady set, or do you just build on top and some how secure them from behind. Any info would be great!
Bill

drfrightner
09-28-2008, 11:13 PM
All of the sets within Tombstone are flats or three sides facades, just like Hollywood. They are only exterior built sets, and they are secured from behind. I can get some photos of that for you if you'd like.

All the backs are painted in black so people can't make out what they are if they see the backs of one.

Larry

beardedbil
09-29-2008, 08:32 AM
I would love pictures of that! Thanks... Just curious how they are secured in the back. Wasn't sure if we should make footings to make them more secure or if that's too much work for not enough gain. Thanks again!
Bill

jason
09-29-2008, 10:38 AM
that's a great question about securing the facades. i too would like to see how you secure these pieces.

beardedbil
10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Hey Larry,
I know your probably extremely busy running your attractions, just curious if you got around to taking any pictures of your facades for the hayride and how they affixed in the back etc. Thanks!

beardedbil
10-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Sorry to be a pain in the ass but,
Larry or anyone else who owns a haunted hayride, any chance of getting pictures of behind your facades to see how you stabilize them. Thanks!

drfrightner
03-31-2010, 12:02 AM
coming soon...

Creepyworld 2010 construction photos.

I challenge ALL HAUNTS to do the same so we can all learn from one another.

Larry