PDA

View Full Version : Dr Lady Has A Big Ol' Dragon Up For Grabs

drlady
07-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Heeyyyyy, Boys and GRRRR-ls,

The Late DR LADY here, after a long absence (hopefully it made the heart grow fonder, though).

I have an enormous fiberglass DRAGON head & neck that we used in last year's Horror Hotel tour. It came from a fantasy attraction at Universal Studios' Theme Park.

It's big and somewhat heavy, but it does have metal loops for hanging and it looks amazing, with a nice multicolored paint job, large horns, glossy red and yellow eyes, and a cool "aware" look.

A few months ago I had not one, not two, but three HauntWorld member haunters express interest in it.
All three said they would contact me again later, and all three apparently then vanished into the 8th dimension. One had offered me $800. for this beast and another had offered $1,000., but that was the last I heard from anyone about it.
So it's still up for grabs and of course I'm willing to be as accommodating as I possibly can with regard to cost, pickup, or other special arrangements.

If any-BODY reading this is among those who wanted the Dragon, or knows who they may have been, or would just like to have a gigantic fiberglass Dragon head for their den, they can drop me an email any time at thedavidlady@hotmail.com and I promise to reply!
FANGS to all.......
THE LATE DL

damon carson
07-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Wow Dr Lady you havent posted on here in about 3 or 4 yrs. Good to see your back from the 8th Dimension! LOL! Miss you posting on here maybe you will enlight us all again? Take care and good luck selling your fire breather!
Damon

drlady
07-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Many Fangs for the kind words, my f(r)iend!
For some reason, I never have become much of a chatroom or message board person. (Not even sure I qualify as a person, come to think of it.)
It seems like every time I come to the HauntWorld site, I find that I cannot get in to post for one reason or another. Probably the computer spiders that escaped from my lab.

But anyway...

It occurs to me (after getting a few questions!) that I really should have included some info about the Dragon in my first post.

The big beast measures approximately 53 inches long from the tip of his snout to the back end where the neck stops. His head is about 40" tall at its highest point (that is, where the biggest horns are) and his neck is about 48" around.

Not sure what he weighs, but I do know that he can be lifted and carried by a single person. (I moved him myself, which means he can also be lifted and carried by a married person.) You really should have 2 people to move him, though, because he is fairly heavy and the fack that most of the weight is on one end (the head) makes him extremely awkward and cumbersome to be dragon' around.

There are 2 sturdy metal loops on top from which to hang him, each one secured inside with a small metal plate. They are placed so as to keep him hanging properly with the weight distributed sensibly. Last year at Horror Hotel we used ordinary clothesline rope to hang him up.

Again, folks, if you think you can give him a good home, please drop me a scream at thedavidlady@hotmail.com any time.

He comes from a smoke-free, pet-free tomb.

(And, oh yeah... Did I mention that THE LATE DR LADY SHOW has its own Myspace page? Check it out some time when you're in between burying the bodies!)

George Maser
07-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Where are you located?

drlady
07-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Why, I'm right here in front of my computer.

Oh, wait, you probably wanted a sensible answer.

Horror Hotel is in Chatfield, OH, which is about an hour N of Ghoul-umbus and about an hour S of Lake EERIE.
In other words, we're very near the DEAD center of the state.

(Horror Hotel is VERY easy to find, even if you happen to be as directionally-impaired as I am. We're on State Route 4, nine miles N of the town of Bucyrus, and 4 is a busy trucking artery, so it's simple to find us!)

Fangs for asking!
--DL