PDA

View Full Version : Sparkies?

Dr. Giggles
07-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Does anyone know how to build or make gloves that you clap together and they make sparks. Because i was watching these amazing street performers and they were clapping this cool tune, and when they clapped a certain way sparks flew from the gloves. So i was thinking plain metal tipped gloves..or waht? I thought this would be cool to put in my haunt.

Any advice on how to make or where to buy these kind of gloves would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Zackary J

Chaos
07-28-2008, 03:19 PM
http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/showthread.php?t=1229&highlight=spark+gloves

there's a whole thread about them in the link above, hope it helps!

Dr. Giggles
07-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Well i got a link for gloves that spark when you scrape the floor, but i was looking for gloves that spark when you clap your hands a certain way. Because i dont need them for sliders. Like would sheet metal on one palm and some flint or something on the other work?
Please, links and suggestions are appreciated.

-Zackary J

Chaos
07-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh, my bad. I don't think sheet metal would work for your intended purpose. Sheet metal is too smooth, there has to be some friction to produce the spark. But - have you considered using a welding striker? They are very cheap ($3.00 for a triple flint striker) and would be simple to disassemble and attach to a pair of gloves. Flint on one hand, striker on the other. Don't know if it would produce the quantity of sparks you're looking for though.

Dr. Giggles
07-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Hmmm ok il look into that.

Thanks very much!

-Zackary J