PDA

View Full Version : Spookywoods - Ghost Town

twohlgemuth
08-06-2008, 12:11 AM
We finally got started on our Red Creek Valley Ghost Town Tram ride last weekend. The DJ stand and Midway Shops took longer than expected.

I hired more builders to get our Ghost Town built as time is running out fast with the start of our season coming Sept 25th!

We are building facades all down the tree line and a few of them we will drive our trams through where our actors jump on top of the trams, talk about scary stuff, you can't beat it.

The cool thing about this Ghost Town is come the day after Thanksgiving it turns into Christmas Town with a tram ride with Christmas music and displays of the story of Christmas. Talk about a 180 from Haunting, but it's all about extending our season and spreading the investment costs. There has been so much focus on light shows, but I decided to go a different route after a year long research into light shows. I think I'm on to a much more profitable event with far less investment. Stay tuned for the results in a future Haunt World magazine.

The tree line should be full of buildings soon and I will post the progress. No Scare Parts vaccu form here, it's all real wood. However, we also use Keith's great products in Spookywoods in other sets. We buried underground air line and power to supply the sets as well. It makes for a much easier setup down the road.

http://spookywoods.com/ghosttown/ghosttown1.jpg

http://spookywoods.com/ghosttown/ghosttown2.jpg

Nightgore
08-06-2008, 04:51 AM
Looks really good Tony! I'm really excited about coming up and seeing your attraction, I think the transition to a Christmas show is perfect with these sets! -Tyler

Kevin Dells
08-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Always looks awesome Tony!

Haunting Copy
08-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Tony, those air lines and power supplies . . . is that a permanent thing? You said it would make things easier "down the road," and it made me curious.

Thanks,
Sarah

twohlgemuth
08-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Yes Sarah, all our power and airlines are buried and come out of the ground about every 75 feet so we can hook on without having to pull 100's of feet of drop cord or air line.

It is expensive to get in place, but it is so nice to have in years to come.

damon carson
08-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Looks nice! Great Job!
Damon

SomeThingInTheIce
08-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Very nice, when you change over to christmas could you post some pics of that too? It would be cool to see how a Halloween show goes to a Christmas show.

shawnc
08-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Tony, what do you call your Christmas attraction?

MDKing
08-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Great job Tony, looks amazing as usual!!!

Allan

twohlgemuth
08-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Our event is called Kersey Valley Chirstmas.com

The name of all our events start with Kersey Valley, since we are on Kersey Valley road it was smart marketing. By the way that is also the incorporated name, Kersey Valley, Inc. This allows us to be more than just a haunt. In fact our other family events are now out selling the haunt in attendance.

Haunting Copy
08-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Tony, I have to say I am . . . awed.

The synergy you have going with the philanthropy/marketing/publicity is just
fabulous. Even your *designs* of the mazes feed a symbiotic relationship
with almost every other aspect of the attraction.

Spectacular. Truly.

Sarah

spookologist
08-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Looks pretty awesome Tony......Nice job once again.

Wayne
www.trailofterror.com

twohlgemuth
08-07-2008, 06:41 AM
Hi Sarha,

Thanks for the comments! I'm glad to see you noticed our maze designs cross promote our other events. I changed our charity to our counties animal shelter. This opened doors to host a huge adoption fair the opening weekend of Spookywoods. This event is called the amazing pet adventure to tie into our Maize Adventure. This will be an annual event that draws thousands of new customers to our farm. The design next year in the maze will be Noah's ark with animals to bring home that pet tie in.

Speculo
08-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Man you have got it going on!

Excellent work!

Thanks

Haunting Copy
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Tony, the maze that really blew me away was the one where you ask people to
locate the various images worked into it. I hope you included that
image/challenge on your brochures!!

Was there something specific about the org you worked with prior to the shelter
that made you want to make a change?

twohlgemuth
08-07-2008, 11:29 AM
The reason I chose to go with the animal shelter is we promote a pet friendly attraction and we want to help the animals. Our previous charity gets millions of dollars from the Nascar family and the animals are in great need of support. It is not as flashy but it hits the hearts of our customers and when you can create passion in business it goes a long way.

campdoc
08-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Our event is called Kersey Valley Chirstmas.com

This allows us to be more than just a haunt. In fact our other family events are now out selling the haunt in attendance.

Christmas is out selling the haunt...wow.. maybe time to start a Who-ville...lol

twohlgemuth
08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
The Christmas event is new this year, what I'm referring to is our Gem Dig, Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze is out selling the haunt. Add Christmas to that mix and it will be even more.

Prices for the events are as follows:

Spookywoods Gen Admission: $22.00
Maize Adventure Combo: Corn Maze, Pumpkin, Tram Ride, Jumping Pillow and bag of Gem Rough $23.00
Kersey Valley Christmas: TBA

Haunting Copy
08-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Christmas is out selling the haunt...wow.. maybe time to start a Who-ville...lol

Even though Halloween is growing in popularity, it will always be Christmas
that takes first place.

Kids and presents: there is no stronger combination. ;)