PDA

View Full Version : Is Your Haunt Ready For The 2009 Season?

graystone
08-17-2008, 02:12 PM
OK ALL YOU AWSOME HAUNTS! YES I SAID '' ALL YOU ''! WHY? BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL GREAT IN YOUR OWN HORRIFIC WAY! Now please list your Haunt name, location and what percentage you stand as far as being complete. Also are you a temp haunt or do you have a permanent location?
Graystone Manor, Killen Alabama Permanent location. It's 80% done as far as the renovations to the Haunt goes. We are redoing the website and the new site should be up in a week. Shane and its Graystone Manor Shane this time!

UnDeRTaKer313
08-17-2008, 02:24 PM
do you mean 2008?

Mutant Space Gerbil
08-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Working at it all day today. Sarah worked on it for 36+ hours straight. I got there at 9am this morning and she was still out from the night before.

It was built to our new theme from the ground up. We have 1 more major structure to build "The Church". Than it is all detail and set dressing..... I would say 65% after today

thehangman1031
08-17-2008, 03:55 PM
The Lab
Grosse Ile Michigan, 85% done with the updates...
Perm, location...

Should be damn good, I'm pumped about the new stuff.

Mike

Kevin Dells
08-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Woods of Terror, Permanent, Greensboro North Carolina.

We rehabbed 50% of our entire event this season, were about half way on all the new stuff were building. Im soo dam tired of building already, iv'e been at it all year !

Im just hoping im not so stressed out im screaming at the crew come make up time!

FearSeeker
08-17-2008, 04:04 PM
OK, Shane, since you just asked somebody else this question on another thread and originally titled this thread "Is Your Haunt Ready For The 2009 Season?," I think it's fair to ask:

Have you been drinking? LOL Still love ya, Shane.

UnDeRTaKer313
08-17-2008, 04:17 PM
hey whatever it takes to get through the stress of the season ;)
i wonder how long it would have taken him to notice, if we didnt say anything,

Hells Gate
Sylvania Ohio,
Temporary/Temporary - Home Haunt
Id say were around 40 percent done,
we got all of our walls built and a few of them themed. Building the walls is the hard part now we just screw them all togethor and the fun begins. It sounds like were behind, but being a home haunt we dont open till last two weeks in october, so were doing allright.

So we should be all set for the 2009 season;)

Howie Slobber Erlich
08-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Deadly Intentions in Warren Michigan. Permanent location. We are about 95% finished. Should be completed by the end of next weekend.:rolleyes:

Our inspections are the first week in September.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Owner
Deadly Intentions Haunted House
www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

drfrightner
08-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Yes we'll have both Darkness and Creepyworld ready to go for this season sometime around December. LOL

NO NO NO NO NO... who is ever ready even the day you open? Not us.

We are going to be on Modern Marvels and they are coming to shoot today, so we had to PUSH the darkness to get it ready and it is almost ready but not done.

Creepyworld is a MILE off...

It will come down to the wire! We have about 20 people working everyday and that won't stop up until the we open.

Larry

Barry
08-18-2008, 05:40 AM
We did our first planning walkthrough of the stadium yesterday. We discussed where our walls will be in about 3 weeks, what is going to go into the rooms, and how we would have two weekends to decorate. LOL I would love to start earlier but the baseball teams seem to want to use the space right now. :)

Jim Warfield
08-18-2008, 07:07 AM
The Ravens Grin Inn--Mount Carroll, Ill.
Open every night (of the year)
Ready for the season? Ready for every night!
Although this last weekend I spent what little time I had before the customers showed up in emergency repair working mode. It wasn't fun nor easy but I finished the fix and fixed it right and good! Then was twice as tired doing that night's tours!
Like my old football coach said to the party-boy halfback:"Denny, you are burning the candle at both ends." (Football's physical stress then out all night with the girls)
To which Denny replies; "I know Coach, but Whata Flame! Whata Flame!"

PAT MATTHEWS/HOUSE OF WAX
08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Nightmare in the house of wax Ft Worth Tx Perm loc I have been %100 done since July. I am now simply adding detail here and there as I find new stuff. I worked since last Nov and changed about a third and detailed the rest

antelop
08-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Sun Prairie's Most Haunted is a bit behind in building our haunt. I have the room ideas drawn, special effects ready, but we still do not have a location. We are hoping to have the keys in hand for our location by the end of the week. Then I can take the dimensions, draw the floorplan, put up about 300 walls, and cross my fingers that I can get it all painted and decorated, with sound and lights by the second week in October. I always get nervous at about this time in the process, but I somehow manage to pull it off every year with a little help from the haunt gods, I guess.

MMManiac
08-19-2008, 01:56 PM
De Wane Asylum

Green Bay, WI

75% done

we re-did 95% so it took alittle more time then normal but now that we know we will have our building this year its time to hit it at full force!

Boni
08-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Dr. B's Haunted Hospital, Warsaw Indiana. Hopefully perm. location, old warehouse that has been for sale for 5 years. Only thing is we have to tear down at the end of the season, but can store the stuff there. This is our first year in the building

We are about 25% done. Most of our props are made, 120 walls constructed of the 250 I am going to use. There are 8 of us working 3 nights a week on it.

Permit applied for, ads arranged and purchased, trying to be creative on some additional advertising like a float in the area high schools homecoming parade

graystone
08-25-2008, 06:40 AM
Do we have any updates on any haunts? Shane

MMManiac
08-25-2008, 08:38 AM
So the DA was 100% done construction-wise.. That was until Saturday. I had the genious idea to utalize the basement of our haunt since it wasn't used for anything. Their was only one stair way down so our options were slim until I came up with the genious idea of cutting a hole in the floor and building a slide into the basement. Now we have 1,000 more sf to build and decorate in our basement. :-D

Gravely
08-25-2008, 09:51 AM
It's encouraging to read so many people working hard.
I always thought it was imposable to actually be DONE before opening. and perhaps DONE even before the end of the season.
I just can't stop . ever. there's always some thing I still wish I had gotten to.

Cause, you know, that one more fake bird in the witches areas will really make a huge difference to the amount of people we end up doing ;-)

but I just can't help myself.

Haunted Nashville
08-25-2008, 10:07 PM
I'd say we are about 90% done after todays work.

Kano
08-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Lowry Park Zoo's ZOO BOO
Tampa Florida
we are about 65% complete but are now in a rush as we've had to tear down all our Facades due to Fay and we open Sept. 26th.......

Howie Slobber Erlich
08-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Deadly Intentions is complete. We finished the inside on Sunday!

Howie

txaschainsaw
09-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Sanitarium
Temporary - Home Haunt
Rancho Cucamonga, CA (about 10 miles from LA.)
Were about 75% done with the inside, and about 10% done with the outside, got 2 more rooms to put up inside, and detail, then we have to build and paint the big sanitarium sign that will go out front.

for more detail go to www.myspace.com/sanitariumhauntedhouse

thanks
Austin White
and Zachary J
Sanitarium Haunted Atrraction/Demented Entertainment

UnDeRTaKer313
09-04-2008, 04:23 AM
UPDATE_
Hells Gate is around 90 percent done!!

Jeffrey
09-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Being that H.A.C.K. is a "klub" of home haunters here in Colorado, our "haunt name is HACK, and we will have maps at every members house on how to get to the others haunts. a new trend maybe? go fro mone to the other and they get more bloody along the way? a story line maybe? Muhahahaa you will have to come see to find out. :)