PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: old appliances

icandrawem2
08-18-2008, 06:21 PM
This may need to be in the trading post thread but here goes anyway. I am looking for a 1950s refrigerator and range/oven. They do not have to be in working condition and a little wear and tear is ok too. Does anyone have any sources, besides ebay and craigslist, to find this at a reasonable cost? I have checked antique appliance websites but they are geared more towards antique enthusiasts and restoration. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

shawnc
08-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Check with repairmen. Look for the little old guy who lives out in the country (lots of land) and is semi-retired and runs a small ad in the local weekly paper.

My town, which doesn't have much that I have ever been able to make use of, had just such a gentleman. He was a plumber and had scores of old fixtures in his five-acre back yard. This included raised bathtubs with feet, something that homeowners used to want to get rid of because they were old and ugly. Who knew they would become collector's items?

damon carson
08-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Do you take old lawnmowers or air conditioners? Wait where the hell did this thread come from? LOL!
Damon