PDA

View Full Version : So pissed off!!!

screamline studios
08-18-2008, 10:36 PM
I am so pissed off about con artists and crooks, i try everyday to be a good person that helps this industry and i get chopped down by people that live there lives around fucking people over(this includes china) With that said i will never help people again!!!!! And to the people that read this YES I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU!!! well not really but you get my point.....

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

poison
08-18-2008, 10:38 PM
What the hell happened?

screamline studios
08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Poison,

This shit is closed doors kind of stuff right now i am just venting.....

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE FUCKING STUDIOS

maliciousstudios
08-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah....FUCK CHINA.....

screamline studios
08-18-2008, 11:01 PM
When you live your life around haunted houses and try to help people grow or companys!!!! and you give away your trade secrets whether its about make-up or set designs and they use them against you!!!! I have a big problem with???? So with that said everyone can learn on your own, because i wont be screwed AGAIN!!!!!

tired of being screwed over by crooks

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

maliciousstudios
08-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah, Im sure I dont know half of what you know.... but I have learned to keep any ideas, tricks, formulas, processes, and etc. to myself.....as much as I love to talk to people about them to hear their opinions I know ( from experience ) that they will rip me off, screw me, etc. Yeah.... I know what you mean. Its a shame but thats the way it has to be.

screamline studios
08-18-2008, 11:11 PM
MALICIOUS STUDIOS,

Thank you for the support, but if i was to ever tell people the person or company that i am upset with they would not believe me....

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

maliciousstudios
08-18-2008, 11:17 PM
I remember one year at a convention I had a lengthly conversation with a company head I looked up to, we talked about ideas and the products they had already made. I opened up over some suds and talked in great lengths about some of the ideas I had and in a short time they were adding my ideas to their list of products.... on one hand I thought it was cool because they used my ideas, on the other I was pissed because they stole from me ( even though I handed it to them by opening my big mouth ) now they sell a hole line of my ideas..... Lesson learned..... I have a few people interested in learning about mold work and now Im not gonna show them .... just because Im tired of getting screwed I feel like they will screw me somehow some way. And why add to the competition.....its tough enough allready ( Yeah screw em' ) I had to learn everything myself ( the hard way - trial and error - hands on ) let them figure it out on their own. As for the theives of the world..... karma is a bitch

screamline studios
08-18-2008, 11:23 PM
MALICIOUS STUDIOS,

YOU hit it on the head with the whole KARMA thing!!!

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

screamline studios
08-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Would anyone out there in hauntworldland say they have ever been screwed over by someone you know and love?????

Jason Blaszczak

maliciousstudios
08-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Im about to go Jim on ya ( you know what I mean ) so bare with me..... this is a good one ( atleast I think )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the Great Depression, there was a man who walked into a bar one day. He went up to the bartender and said, "Bartender, I'd like to buy the house a round of drinks."

The bartender said, "That's fine, but we're in the middle of the Depression, so I'll need to see some money first."

The guy pulled out a huge wad of bills and set them on the bar. The bartender can't believe what he's seeing. "Where did you get all that money?" asked the bartender.

"I'm a professional gambler," replied the man.

The bartender said, "There's no such thing! I mean, your odds are fifty-fifty at best, right?"

"Well, I only bet on sure things," said the guy.

"Like what?" asked the bartender.

"Well, for example, I'll bet you fifty dollars that I can bite my right eye," he said.

The bartender thought about it. "Okay," he said.

So, the guy pulled out his false right eye and bit it. "Aw, you screwed me," said the bartender, and paid the guy his $50.

"I'll give you another chance. I'll bet you another fifty dollars that I can bite my left eye," said the stranger.

The bartender thought again and said, "Well, I know you're not blind, I mean, I watched you walk in here. I'll take that bet." So, the guy pulled out his false teeth and bit his left eye.

"Aw, you screwed me again!" protested the bartender.

"That's how I win so much money, bartender. I'll just take a bottle of your best scotch in lieu of the fifty dollars," said the man.

With that, the guy went to the back room and spent the better part of the night playing cards with some of the locals. After many hours of drinking and card playing, he stumbled up to the bar. Drunk as a skunk, he said, "Bartender, I'll give you one last chance. I'll bet you five hundred dollars that I can stand on this bar on one foot and piss into that whiskey bottle on that shelf behind you without spilling a drop."

The bartender once again pondered the bet. The guy couldn't even stand up straight on two feet, much less one. "Okay, you're on," he said.

The guy climbed up on the bar, stood on one leg, and began pissing all over the place. He hit the bar, the bartender, himself, but not a drop made it into the whiskey bottle.

The bartender was ecstatic. Laughing, the bartender said, "Hey pal, you owe me five hundred dollars!"

The guy climbed down off the bar and said, "That's okay. I just bet each of the guys in the card room a thousand bucks each that I could piss all over you and the bar and still make you laugh!"

FearSeeker
08-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Would anyone out there in hauntworldland say they have ever been screwed over by someone you know and love?????

Jason Blaszczak

Yes, I have been and we haven't spoken in almost a year, and I do know how you feel. It totally sucks!

Jim Warfield
08-19-2008, 12:18 AM
Their empty heads populate a great portion of our planet.
Henry Ford (number one) said:"Thinking must be the hardest job there is, since so few want to do it!"
Of course this was said before thought-provoking magazines like Playboy were born.
I guess there has to be a quality factor to the thoughts to make them valuable.
i have had a few people tell me they "borrowed" my idea from my house. I have had some steal the idea and not tell me but their audience of friends do.
So I actually think first and consider how particulairly usefull or easy a certain idea would be for someone else to use it?

Haunting Copy
08-19-2008, 06:52 AM
Malicious, have you considered opening a "school" for learning your techniques?
Obviously, you have a terrific product, or it wouldn't have been copied in the
first place.

You really could charge a nice fee.

You could create a video series. You wouldn't even have to hold real-time
classes. This would make you money "while you sleep," as they say. :)

Sarah

Gore Galore
08-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Jason,

You can't let others negativity drive you down.
Obviously you are passionate about this industry. That certainly is not in question.

Our company has been screwed more than once.
There are 2 vendors in this industry that I helped get started.
Now, one ended up making a neck biter look alike and some low end costumes.

And the other is now making static and animated zombie figures. Very nicely done too. They also tapped the brains of another vendor, and so their work is a cross between the 2 companies products.

But I don't want to be angry about it.
It doesn't help. It just drives you down and keeps you from living how you want to live.

You have every right to be angry. But just don't let it keep you from being passionate and loving what you do.
But I am sorry to hear it.

Haunting Copy
08-19-2008, 07:15 AM
There are 2 vendors in this industry that I helped get started.
Now, one ended up making a neck biter look alike and some low end costumes.

And the other is now making static and animated zombie figures. Very nicely done too. They also tapped the brains of another vendor, and so their work is a cross between the 2 companies products.

While the betrayal is real, there is another way of looking at this, as well.

As Galore points out, the people who copied his work created some nice
work. Well, what does this do? It makes everyone have to work harder
to remain competitive. Unfortunately, these are the growing pains of a
capitalistic venture.

But you don't have to sit back and take it. Make your stuff better. Market
yourself better. Offer superior customer service.

See it as a game that YOU are going to win. It doesn't have to be hostile.
The numbers will say everything that needs to be said. :)

Sarah

Jim Warfield
08-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Have any of us ever met some certain haunters who think THEY invented everthing? Like inventing "BOO!"?
Or "inventing" something that was actually first used long before they were even born?
Inventing in vitro is always a huge challenge, sneaking back into Mom before she wakes up!
"Did you hear a door slam, Henry?"
"No I didn't, go back to sleep, Honey, you might have your big day tomorrow."

Just because someone has been doing something for a number of years doesn't mean someone else wasn't doing it 50 or 150 years ago.
But if they act serious enough and put a frown on they can fool some youngsters into thinking they own the act or process or idea.
Then those youngsters go on-line and give others grief about it......ego, has a heavy price in agony sometimes but then, nature seems to have made most of us that way, maybe it's basically a survival instinct? And, surviving is not always going to be pleasant or without angst, that plateau is achieved by those no longer breathing.
It all goes back to Adam finding that fruit tree. If he tells others where it is, they might eat all the fruit, if he doesn't tell them, they get hungry and eat him!

Haunting Copy
08-19-2008, 07:27 AM
It all goes back to Adam finding that fruit tree. If he tells others where it is, they might eat all the fruit, if he doesn't tell them, they get hungry and eat him!

Either way, Adam gets screwed, LOL!

Jim Warfield
08-19-2008, 07:32 AM
..and the earth is populated by his genes. (if only he had been wearing jeans, it might not have happened)
One of my displays here:"Beware The Stagnant Gene Pool!" No Swimming Allowed!"

Haunting Copy
08-19-2008, 07:35 AM
..and the earth is populated by his genes. (if only he had been wearing jeans, it might not have happened)
One of my displays here:"Beware The Stagnant Gene Pool!" No Swimming Allowed!"

LMAO!! You're too much, Jim. :D

GoryCorey
08-19-2008, 07:46 AM

Yes, and he has spent the last 12 years in jail and I am permanently crippled.
I have no desire to go into it, so do not ask.

You know I am gruff, but I will happily kick back and drink and joke with anyone.... until they screw with my family, life, or livelihood.

If you have legal channels, use them, if you have no recourse, let it go.
If the deal isn't worth the hassle, walk away.
If it doesn't feel right, it isn't.

I have some very good relationships with a number of our industry vendors, have mentored a few too. You never know what will develop, so hope that if "one door closes, another opens".

Back to the job for me, and then to the biz.....

maliciousstudios
08-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Obviously, you have a terrific product, or it wouldn't have been copied in the
first place.

Sarah

Yeah, I thought I had a nice product line, now they do - which is cool.... I let it go, it delayed me a bit with my product line... but hey they beat me to the punch. Lesson learned, Im over it.

Ive had people like this my whole life Jason, Im sure you have to. They looked over your shoulder in art class, if you wore your clothes a certain way they would try to fit in by wearing theres like you. Those individuals had to take from you because they werent imaginative enough to come up with something of there own. Its a shame it happened, but it wont be the last..... I grew thick skin lately ( worked for me )

jack
08-19-2008, 10:52 AM
It happens.

First year I went to TW(94), wandering around, getting catalogs and handing out our card, thinking nothing of it.

Our card has a mascot picture on it, a piece I drew when I first started putting the business together in the late 80s--stuck it on the card to give the card a bit more interest.

Came back next year and damned if one of the companies I'd chatted with didn't have a three-dee version of my picture for sale.

My wife kept me from braining someone.

But what could I do? I re-create things I see in pictures all the damned time.

Jim Warfield
08-19-2008, 05:12 PM
One Halloween I made a huge rabbitt costume . He wore a camo bullet-proof vest had an eye patch and carried his carrot machin gun-"Rambo Rabbitt"!
I wore it at the local Mayfest, that was the year there was a big crowd of Chicago area vistors there.
Next Easter a big grocery store chain had it's Easter radio ad on talking about "Rambo Rabbitt!"
Rambo Rabbitt should have walked into one of their stores and carrott-machinegunned all the lettuce!
Some things from my front room routine have been "Borrowed" (without permission) and the really funny part I wonder about is did the guy really have to come here so many times to steal this one idea?
I always hope that when someone does parts of my act that someone in the audience will have seen it here first and bring this to their attention, just to let them know, They Didn't actually get away with it, cleanly.
Years ago as people were watching one of my homemade videos they didn't realise that I was right behind them when a woman said to her boyfriend(who was wearing a suit to go through my haunted house?)
"You can use this at the Comedy Club next week!"
I could make and sell videos of my act. After I sold about 20 copies people would be making their own copies , making it even easier to steal my ideas!
The only real alternative I have is to just keep cranking out So many new ideas that nobody can keep up on the copying regimen.
Now you know what brings so many back here!
(Of course trying to copy my "timing" on my delivery is really hard to do since the time I use to do this would really mess up the through-put of any haunt I have ever heard of.)

Killer Katie
08-19-2008, 07:31 PM
To some degree I've been hosed by a few "wonderful people." It seems that integrity doesn't exist to some people. I did have my curiosity peaked as to whom you're talking about, but I know it's gonna stay a secret, so I'll just have to suffer. But karma does work, just sit back and let it fly!!!

screamline studios
08-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Thank you killer k.

My hole problem here is i admire, respect,and care very deeply about this person!!! Karma will come kicking around but the anger still remains!!!

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

P.S Maybe its time to get out of this rip off industry and get into something else hmmmmmm lets see maybe the banjo ha thats sound good, i aways wanted to be a banjo player!!!

TheCareTaker
08-19-2008, 09:45 PM
you have had alot going on lately take some time to relax wish your daughter a quick recovery. dont let those robers steal your soul man be true to your self and you are right they will get theres if tha tis what is to be. but most importantly keep focused for yourself and your family.

Haunting Copy
08-19-2008, 10:09 PM
And before you make any rash decisions, remember why you got into
this work in the first place.

Your gut will tell you whether to stay or go.

Just please don't punish your own life out of resentment toward
someone else.

With haunted love,
Sarah

Tater
08-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Jason buddy,

I hate to see your going throw all this but i often said someone with a face like that should be heard not seen. Just kidding man, if you ever need to vent or talk my phone is always on and I'm always awake willing to lend an ear for ya. I think the trick is to teach them enough to get them started but never teach them all you know...for if you do they don't need you anymore and the apprentice becomes the master, and the master rots away....

Ken Spriggs
08-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Damn dude if i knew you were going to be pissed........I wouldn't have told you!!!

I really didn't mean to screw you over like that!

Come on.....I am sure someone out there reading is thinking....Gee Ken your a jerk
Too late I already knew that....Larry told me so
I am joking folks ..... I am just pissed at Jason for selling my spear thingy

SPEAKING OF......STEVE???? WHERE THE HELL IS MY HAMMER AND MY SPEAR?

Jason.......sure i been screwed over by someone I loved....trusted.....and given everything in life too........AND SO HAVE YOU

Never feels good.....

JASON....head up......right arm up......you know the signal to give....screw em
Make some scary stuff it will make you feel good.

Or do you want some just bad to spread around Madisons side of the office?
That might make you sick though (bad Idea)

screamline studios
08-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Ken,

What the hell?? you son of a bitch i thought more about you until this devilish post!!!!!haha ken, truely i am very hurt and disturbed by my recent events, and i question my future with this indusrty, it maybe better for me to go after more movies!!!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

graystone
08-23-2008, 08:27 PM
My friend!!! If this is about Larry its simple just kill him and stuff him they will put him in the Darkness as a prop! Shane and its I got a gun you can borrow Shane this time!

Infoamtek
08-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Jason, they are even bigger thieves in the film industry. I could tell you some stories.

milkunits
08-24-2008, 12:47 AM
I am sorry to hear my friend. We have all been there in some capacity I am sure both in this industry or even on other fun ideas we come up with outside the industry. I guess when I see this kind of stuff I always find a good quote to fall on and install in my head when I am extremely upset with this sort of thing:

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Mark Twain

This particular quote has helped me move past stuff like this several times with what my brother's and I have done since we were old enough to make dummies in the garage. Having seen the worst in people via a Holiday that is supposed to be fun, it helps to surround yourself with understanding, decent people.

Shall this make you stronger and even more talented.

And by the way, I am super excited about the new DVD, also the Axe you guys sent out this week is outstanding. I must admit, I like it a little better with white athletic tape wrapped around the handle as it shows blood hand imprints much better.