PDA

View Full Version : Ghost?

Howie Slobber Erlich
08-25-2008, 03:57 PM
I recently helped form a paranormal investigation group in Michigan. (MMPS or Michigan Metro Paranormal Society) We went on our first investigation this past Saturday evening. I captured something I find interesting in one photo. It was taken from the hall looking into an upstairs bathroom. This is not a faked photo in any way. I would love to hear what my friends on Hauntworld think about the photo. Let your eyes adjust to the image for a moment.

http://www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&func=view&id=767&catid=6#767

Thanks in advance,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted House/Prison Escape
www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

Dr. Giggles
08-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Someone walking around on the roof? ((Well you said upstairs?)) to me it looks more like a picture of a person then a ghost...but i dunno its not exactly clear.

Howie Slobber Erlich
08-25-2008, 05:07 PM
There is no roof outside that window.

Howie

Barry
08-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Personally I dismiss most things like this. The human brain and eyes are trained to look for faces and therefore it is very easy for us to see a "face" in anything vaguely resembling one. I guess I am just a skeptic...

Dr. Giggles
08-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Really no roof? It also looks kind of like a light, could it perhaps be a reflection of something?

UndeadProd
08-25-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm thinking that it could be "matrixing" (your mind forming a picture of something familiar out of disassociated particles in a photo)

Because it's part of the glass in a window - it could be anything from a reflection, to a smear, to even just some digital glop formed when you camera couldn't quite tell what it was looking at.

Certainly very creepy, however - and people who know more about this kind of stuff may feel differently.

Kudos to you for your approach to investigating, by the way. I checked out the myspace page and was impressed to see that you're not charging for investigations - and that you're using a psychotherapist.

Anyone who's been to our website/youtube page knows that we're huge fans of TAPS and their approach to investigating paranormal activity, and it sounds like your team has a similar level-headed approach. Rock on.

Howie Slobber Erlich
08-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Dr. Giggles,

Yes, it is possible it is a reflection. It may also be a smear or digital glop as Undeadpod suggests. I really don't know. What I do no know is that it was nothing that was staged or set up. I am a skeptic as well. I just thought it was really creepy and it has such a human appearance to it. I appreciate everyone's input.

Howie

Motograter
08-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Hmmm that is definitely interesting Howie. I can kinda make out a pair of eyes and a mouth full of teeth.

KroneDaddy
08-26-2008, 12:40 AM
A friend shot this one the other day. See the man in the window? I think he looks a bit like John McCain. Notice the image is in front of the grill on the window.

This is real BTW, not PShopped

KDaddy

Barry
08-26-2008, 06:13 AM
I'm thinking that it could be "matrixing" (your mind forming a picture of something familiar out of disassociated particles in a photo)

Thanks for giving me the name of what I was trying to describe!