PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Gustav

Dr Spooktakular
08-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Ok, how many are started to get worried? Here in Texas, the news this morning said to expect a .10-.15 price increase in gas by Friday and if the hurricane hits the gulf coast where the refineries are, we could see gas anywhere from $5-$8 a gallon if the storm is bad. This is bad news for many of us opening within the next 3 weeks or so, this could be bad news for all haunters this year. WHAT ARE EVERYONE'S THOUGHTS??

graystone
08-27-2008, 02:15 PM
THAT 5 TO 8 DOLLAR GAS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! They do this shit everytime a hurricane comes close to the gulf. I think it may go up 30 or 40 cents if it did but that is just another way to get everyone to go out and buy gas! All will be fine. Shane and its calm down its gonna be ok Shane this time.

IF YOUR 555
08-27-2008, 10:57 PM
To be honest I am more worried about the storm right now!I live near the coast in Bama and after dealing with Katrina and a direct hit from Ivan I dont want to play anymore! LOL, All I can say is yep its going up and somebody better get ready for a nasty ride.

bodybagging
08-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Shane, it worked! I filled up my truck this morning for fear of higher gas prices this weekend. On that note, to all of you haunters inline with the hurricane, good luck and I hope everyone makes out ok!

Eddie if per chance you see this, Be safe!

Dr Spooktakular
08-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Looks like our haunt friends in New Orleans are in for a long next few days. Hurricane is now predicted to be a strong 3, 110mph + winds, that's not good, and here in Texas, gas went up .10-.15 cents overnight, let's hope it doesn't get worse, I was looking forward to a strong year.

jack
08-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Y'know, I don't know. Gustav was supposed to at cat 1 at this point, but it's still a tropical storm. It's headed WNW which, directionally means that it looks more like it should hit Texas--but it's moving real slow which seems to be getting it pulled in a southerly direction.

I'm hoping it fizzles out--but it seems like the forecasters are hoping for some news.

Jim Warfield
08-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Maybe a year and a half ago when gas prices raised and all they could find to blame it on was a fist fight between a Jew and an Arab in Isreal, but that was all they needed to justify themselves.
No oil under Isreal is there?
Maybe both guys had their noses flattened and this stopped the oil from drippy out of them?

Matt Marich
08-29-2008, 01:44 PM
We had a freak storm in Phoenix last night, winds clocked at 65-90 MPH. Unheard of here. We are 2-3" ahead on rain for the summer Monsoon months, incredible!