PDA

View Full Version : Citronella fluid

Darkangel
08-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Hey guys,

Where is a good place for citronella fluid for tiki torches? I need a bunch so if anyone knows a bulk or wholesale supplier that would be best.

Thanks,
Darkangel

AW
08-27-2008, 03:43 PM
You can burn kerosene in Tiki Tourches -Citronella is more refined usally scented and may have a bug repellent in it - a tiki tourch is basically a kerosene or white gas lamp without a globe Kerosene is about $4 a gallon Citronella is about $8 - the same saftey factors apply to both - also if the flame wavers a lot when it's not windy or if the tip of the flame is smokey your wick is too long

Jim Warfield
08-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Ah! butt the longer the "wick" the more heat from the flame!

graystone
08-27-2008, 04:25 PM
I agree with AW but also WalMart, KMart, Lowes, all the stores are closing their summer items out so you could stock up!

Also Jim are you telling us that the heat your talking about is coming from you? Hummmmm is it puff, puff, pass or pass on the puff, puffin! Shane and its I don't grow it or smoke it Shane this time!

Darkangel
08-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks guys, great info on the torches too AW. This may sound dumb, but where do you buy Kerosene? I didn't know they were pretty much the same stuff!

Thanks,
Darkangel

damon carson
08-27-2008, 06:42 PM
You can probably get it at like a Ace Hardware or even some farm supply stores possibly. Ya you can burn it like he said. It burns slow. We used it on a trail one year to light the way. Worked great.
Damon

Greg Chrise
08-27-2008, 06:53 PM
I can vouch for Jim, he never inhales. It is all coming out of every orifice uncontrollably.

Nor do I. I was born F'd Up like this and don't need any help. Therapy maybe but screw that.

Jim Warfield
08-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Psychologists are alot of fun!
They can't map out creativeness. Does it mean you are crazy? Smarter? A serial killer brewing? Anti-social? Beyound caring about the social?
Unless it's an ice cream social.
I like vanilla with chocolate topping, half melted.
You have to be polite and be nice to grandma or no more ice cream!

AW
08-28-2008, 07:02 AM
Don't take this the wrong way but I knew Jim would be all over the long wick :)

AW
08-28-2008, 07:18 AM
In the north and in some rural areas you can buy kerosene at gas service stations -some places you can buy it as Coleman camp stove fluid for lanterns and camp stoves