PDA

View Full Version : It has been a long while!

Mr. Haunt
09-02-2008, 04:00 PM
It has been a long time since I have last logged on to the haunt forum. That would be because I have a new friend in my life now and I am happy to say we plan on getting maried in a few years.

It is the best feeling to find the love of your life, however I dont think my dreams of owning my own haunt some day will come true. Don't feel sad for me, cause I am happy. She is a very spiritual girl and for some, Halloween is viewed as a "bad day" to celibrate.

I know for some haunts there is a lot of negitive words thrown their way for the business that they do by religous groups, but thats because they don;t understand that it's a business and not some kind of "evil doings" like witch craft or something far out like that.

She has gone to haunted houses and things of that nature, but I know that she did not care for the decorations that I showed her on my digital camera. Of course I have shared them with all of you, it's not much or even that graphic.

So with that said I am not sure about the whole haunting thing, maybe I can talk her into one of the Christmas type events being thats her favorite Holiday.

Mr. Haunt

poison
09-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Never compromise your dreams!
I was married once and i compromised my dreams and it came back to HAUNT me!

Jim Warfield
09-03-2008, 07:43 PM
An old fart once said something that at first didn't seem right or to make much sense:"A married man is never quite the same man he would be otherwise."
Comprmises make the world go round ...but are the compromises fairly distributed?
Would she sacrifice something she wants or needs that is comperable to yours?
"I'm giving up my second milkshake after supper each night, so now you quit talking about and thinking about Halloween."
Haunts and basic halloween is fairly an anti-female afterall.
Sort of comperable to The Three Stooges.
Women need more civilization, men play at destroying what they can find of it for fun.

SomeThingInTheIce
09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm happy for you that you found someone but giving up something that is a part of you to make this work will only make you sad in the long run. If she is unwilling to accept you for who you are and the things that you enjoy then I'm sorry to say this will not work out and one day you will look back at all the time you have lost and be asking yourself "What if, what if I had opened a haunt?". Is this a question that you need answered? If not, then good luck.

Greg Chrise
09-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Once they move in they never leave neither for very long. It's non stop spiritual spanish inquisition time. When they say they want to sleep in another room, make it a coffin.

She may look cute now but, just wait.

It's pretty easy to turn Santa's village into the castle of the damned, the elves into little demons, all the stoopid lights into an add on 3D attraction. The cute little train into the skull train and so on. Happy candy cane trees become skeleton trees. Every Barbie accessory can be painted black, no problem.

Go ahead and try to be normal. The circus is in your blood boy!

Jim Warfield
09-04-2008, 12:37 AM
My Wife has "pictures"....proving she loves Halloween. Several pictures of her in her own home made "Pinhead" costume!
Each "pin", or nail precisely placed all grid/mapped out, just like in the movie!
She frightened a little girl when she had to use the Woman's room dressed just like Doug Bradley!

Mr. Haunt
09-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Well I am glad to still hear from most of you, the ones that tend to reply to posts anyway.

It's funny, but she did say I could do my decorations this year for Halloween. I am not sure if I mentioned that above when I first posted this thread.

It's also funny to note that we like to give each other crap when we go looking through the new Halloween stuff at the retail stores. I like the spooky stuff and she likes the cute things......YUK!!!!!!!! LOL

Anyway, who knows maybe I can still enjoy Halloween my way, but still be able to keep her happy and go all out for Christmas. I have been trying to teach her about Halloween and how it has become more of a business then a "Dark Holiday".

Mr. Haunt