PDA

View Full Version : Shane's Idols!

graystone
09-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Congratulations Guys!! You all know who you are! Although you don't come here or come here often and you and I know why but just wanted to say Congratulations on all the big haunts out there thats close to start up! I also am trying to take your advice and stay away myself but I really have a love for Larry. I don't watch much TV and its kinda like a drug I tried this and liked it! I blame everyone else but myself LMAO! Again everyone of you know who you are and Guys I Do Love You All Like Brothers!

Paul ( Atrox) I know you don't mind me using your name but my friend its a real honor to be in an Industry with you where away from the politics here its really, really fun as well as my other haunt friends. Larry they are on me bad for coming here but I do so love to....well ummmmmmmm... discuss the issues with you. Now to why I am posting here and what is most important to me! My Idols, Heroes, and -Inspiration.

I know many here look up to Larry and the Darkness as your idol and thats all fine. But let me tell you who Shane looks up to as inspirations and Idols.

1- Paul Johnson at Atrox hes given me many laughs and helps me in this industry and I have the upmost respect for him! ( And yes hes my friend) And oh did I mention his Haunt is over the top!

2- Cydney Neil at Rockey Point- She has always been great and helpful to talk with! Girl come back we need you!

3- Phillip Morris- Morris Costumes. To this day he still checks in on me and makes sure I am running my company with respect and hard work. He helped me launch my company to what it is today! I love him like a dad.

4- Bo & Brady Unit70, Ed & Marsha at Distortions David at Scarefactory( David I am going to mention you don't let these people down) you all have made Graystones Characters famous!!

5- Lastly and most important my Graystone Family! Without your hard work I am nothing but a name and a guy with a check book! I love and respect each and everyone of you! I am so glad I found you or did you find me? LOL And there is no way in hell I would do it without all of you! And finally my Mother and Dad what can I say you raised me to understand if I want something I have to work for it! I love you both and I am so glad your my patents! My sister and brother LMAO what can I say I lucked up! HA HA ( My family will never see this by the way they don't know what the hell HauntWorld is LMAO) Ok guys the season is up on us go out there and get them! This will be the only side of me you ever see! Shane! Yup you read it right its just Shane!

Slain
09-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the kind words about me and Atrox. I consider you a friend and you know how rare that is in this industry
I hope your season is over the top...Pray for rainless nights and for Canada to give us some of the cold air of early fall...

drfrightner
09-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Shane,

My goal is not to build a fan base, not to be someones idol, nor to make the Darkness some cult haunted house. My goal is to inspire people to do better.

I posted DARKNESS under construction, then all of a sudden so was 10 other people, and I enjoyed all of their photo, stories, and idea's. There is no monopoly on good idea's, or good or great haunts...anyone can build one it just takes creativity and hard work and a lot of passion.

My goal is to inspire passion, and to push people to do better. I throw out my opinions, and some do not agree with them but that is okay, howeve I hope that just maybe it pushed you to really think about the issue that was being discussed...see that is the plan.

If EVERYONES haunt across the country gets better and better, there is more people going to haunts, more stories written, more videos producted, more television shows, blah, blah, and it just spins the good word for everyone.

Just a few short years ago most haunts featured Freddy, Pinhead, Jason, blah, blah... the idea is to FORCE people to be ORIGINAL, THINK A HEAD OF THE CURVE, create, do, push the limits.

This is my only goal...if no one likes my photos, my videos, or my thoughts and opinions I'm fine with it. But lets here YOURS...that is my only response!

I WANT TO HEAR other peoples idea's...

Larry

Jim Warfield
09-04-2008, 05:55 PM
"Build it , and they will come. Build it with trap doors with one-way latches and they don't leave!"

graystone
09-05-2008, 06:18 AM
I want to know who inspired you? That was the point of this thread. Larry its all good nothing wrong with you inspiring people. Take Tyler he would not be what he is today if it were not for you LOL! I am serious guys read my post and come back and tell me who has inspired ya and who you look up to in this industry! Shane

Jim Warfield
09-05-2008, 07:15 AM
When I decided to build this place I did not know there was anyone else doing a haunted house. All the local October ones around here were "history" but I knew I loved doing this and that was my motivation.
All I had was a terrific old house and alot of ideas.
I was sort of like the hero in book "My Name Is Ascher Lev" about a self-motivated artist who does his art inspite of what anyone else wants, needs or thinks that he should be doing.

Nightgore
09-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Well, I guess here are some inspirations and some people that I look up to in this industry:

Gwen- Sweet heart, your the nicest person in this industry! The first we met you gave a huge hug (loved it) and I was still technically a "stranger". What you do with your haunt and for those kids is amazing, a true inspiration for the entire industry.

Kelly Allen- I remember when Kelly first joined this board, asking questions, taking notes, ... then BOOM! Writes what I think is the BEST book in this industry and also opens one incredible haunt! Kelly is another haunter that does everything possible to help anyone out and is just naturally genuine and nice! Love ya Kel! ;)

Ben Armstrong- I've only really talked to Ben for like 10 minutes at Transworld, but chatted numerous times on HW.com and I've seen his haunt a few times.. and all I can say is amazing! The amount of hard work that goes into Netherworld is unbelievable!

Ron and the Frightworld gang- Probably the most welcoming, friendly, helpful bunch of people I've met... not to mention they run what I think is the BEST show in the US!

Virgil- Buddy, I consider you one of my best friends! You've helped me out in this industry like you wouldn't believe... my home is always open and welcome to you and your family!

Now here are some haunts that I LOVE and inspire to be like:

-Spookywoods
-Raycliff Manor
-Dream Reapers
-Terror on the Fox
-Thrillvania
-USS Nightmare (Jason, your awesome!)
-Creepyworld

I am sure I could go on and on about people I admire, that have inspired me, or that have shown me the ropes and helped me out... all I can say is THANK YOU to those people... Love you all!

Happy Haunting. -Tyler

mindtumor
09-05-2008, 07:27 AM
I think looking up to people and being inspired by people are two different things. I look up to myself in this industry because I have done everything myself for myself. That doesn't mean I think my work is at a high level or even good for that matter, it just means I have taken the initiative myself to acomplish stuff I have set out to accomplish. No one has done it for me. That is probably the best advice anyone could actually give you, if you want to do something you better learn to go and do it because in most cases no one is going to do it for you.

I have never been one to actually have idols. Until your idol comes to your door and helps you out what good are they? I get inspired to do better by seeing other peoples work and accomplishments but to idolize them for what they have accomplished is ridiculous. I like a few people in this industry but I don't idolize any of them. You can have idols and heroes if you want but you better be your own biggest hero first because you are going to acomplish the most for yourself then anyone is going to do for you.

Shane I have to ask you(not as an insult or to try and rile you up) what is the point of asking about peoples idols? Is it to buffer some egos or is it to give you ammunition to make fun of a few people around here or do you actually care about what everyone thinks?

Jim Warfield
09-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Must be Herman Muddget. He secretly built the world's first year-round haunted house (in modern times) and secretly operated it for many years.
It had secret rooms, gas chambers, holding cells,a long slide to the basement, an acid vat, doors that went nowhere, and it was three stories high, made of brick, built to his personal blueprints.
He also made alot of "Buckys" before plastic was invented, going back to the creator's formula, and he also made alot of money because you paid a very high admission to get in, like all of your money!
Fame came for him as they shut him down, they never found many of his old customer's remains but estimated his low customer-count was compensated by his thorough use of their assets and asses, and then sold their bones to local medical colleges to add to his overall income picture. ("Waste not, Want Not!")
All in Chicago around 1893, quite a guy!
I know I'm not alone here admiring Herman on this forum.
Nobody got their money back for making it all the way through his house, because none of them ever got out again, unless he saw your potential and sent you off to medical college!

graystone
09-05-2008, 08:08 AM
This thread is just what it is. If you cant read well, then you will miss adding to this thread. Jared please I am serious several of us have talked to Bill and its not fair that you sit here and he does everything! Get off your ass and help that guy out! Shane and its Bill I will help you if Jared wont Shane this time.

mindtumor
09-05-2008, 08:37 AM
This thread is just what it is. If you cant read well, then you will miss adding to this thread. Jared please I am serious several of us have talked to Bill and its not fair that you sit here and he does everything! Get off your ass and help that guy out! Shane and its Bill I will help you if Jared wont Shane this time.

You sure are catty this morning. I ask you a simple question and you get all hormony on me. I am just trying to make you look good by having you explain yourself. You see I have been talking to some people around here as well and they seem to think you have some jealousy issues. I think you are better then that though. Why can't you and I just be friends? Maybe if I looked a little bit more like Larry?

jason
09-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Spookywoods
-Raycliff Manor
-Dream Reapers
-Terror on the Fox
-Thrillvania
-USS Nightmare (Jason, your awesome!)
-Creepyworld

---WOW! thank you tyler for the kind words, i'm let speechless and that's a hard thing to do.

as shane would say

that's jason with an Ervin and not with a Stamper (he is jasonst on here)!