PDA

View Full Version : Sept. 7th afternooners!

Jim Warfield
09-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Three biker couples stopped here, none of them had ever been here before, they were fun...
The one woman was hysterical! Scared, saying she wanted to leave the tour because of the movie poster here of the Silent Hill girl with no mouth!?
They were all laughing and screaming with almost everything I said or did in the first room.
We get outside in my backyard and she shakes my hand, thanking for for the tour?
"Do you think that the tour is over now?"
She wanted to think this since she was "Scared to Death"!
Back into the house we go!!
(And remember, this was a daylight tour!)
After much laughter and many screams later, the tour actually was "over".
I heard her say to her man as they walked away,"I was scared to death in there!"
But she sure did alot of laughing too, most of it when the others in her group got scared.

poison
09-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Now stories like that make it all worth it!

Jim Warfield
09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Recently I have been thinking about writing a little book about just all of the fun and funny things that have happened here over the last 520 seasons(2 weeks = 1 season? Open darn near every night for 20 years, lots of things happened .)
Today I was doing a complete "Adult" tour for these six adults and they were enjoying all of it as it should be enjoyed.
I told and illustrated some of the new adult routines I inflicted upon the two groups of "Carnies" that were so much fun here this summer(How fortunate can I be? Really! Those people are GREAT!)
They see alot , travel alot, deal with the goofy public as we do. They sort of know the scam mentality behind so much entertainment situations...yet, they often seem basically pretty nervous concerning the upcoming scary-thing and some of their reactions and explitives are choice when the scare finds them!
They also are very much like a large happy family too which makes it a party for everyone relishing the screams of others who they know and work with and share all that time on the road together.
Today when the chicken-woman asked at the ticket window "Is it scary?"
I pulled back into the dark and in a very quiet, small voice merely squeaked,"yes." Which I think did freak her somewhat.
A few weeks ago a youngman asked this same question of me infront of his parents who were grumbling about the long drive to get him here. This time I did the exact opposite I lunged out of the small ticket window and screamed "YES!" Which sent him jumping backwards at the same time he was jumping out of his "skin"!
The parents appreciated this, I felt.
Mom and Dad also went on the house tour and they were both fun, eventually.
I probably wore their proper adult personas down after the first room's antics.
Maybe I'm just simple-minded, but I never tire of hearing and watching people respond to this little show I put on.

shawnc
09-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Jim, I hope you're keeping a diary every day. Just that few minutes at a time and your book is done.

I want one. Where do I send my money?

poison
09-08-2008, 01:53 AM
I second that motion!