PDA

View Full Version : "Tickets For Four, Please."

Jim Warfield
09-10-2008, 11:50 PM
We will be visiting your place during the beginning of November, I am sending this e-mail to you, they don't speak very good Engliish.
It will be two adult couples from China!
I would hate to have them travel all the way here only to make them stand in line for 3 hours.
Yes this is my first request for a reservation from China!

damon carson
09-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Wow all the way from China! Better make them feel at home Jim! Call in the finest Chinese delivery in town. And put pillows in the floor to sit on in a circle.
Damon

Greg Chrise
09-12-2008, 05:14 PM
I can't wait for the stories about the other businesses in MountCarroll having to accept portions of Jim's 366 Yuan that he earned.

I'm already remembering Chinese delegates touring one place I worked at. I explained what something was and an Indian guy (Ravi, not Tonto) told the Chinese guy what I said in a more broken english that somehow made it understandable.

Kind of like that old Saturday Night Live Clip where they had a little window in the corner of a speach for the hearing impaired and Garrett Morris in the littel window Screaming loudly, what ever was being said normally.

Jim Warfield
09-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Many times over the years, I would attempt to fool my complaining wife when she carped about the lack of variety of restaurant food here by telling her of the "new" Chinese restaurant that opened here, "Chow-Lee's".
She quit falling for that joke a long time ago.