PDA

View Full Version : Wow Check This Out...

drfrightner
09-12-2008, 03:01 AM
www.hauntshow.com

Looks pretty awesome I'd say much better than last year! Check out there video its pretty cool...one of the coolest promo pieces I've ever seen for a tradeshow. Make sure you click on the link that says VIDEO!

Larry

graystone
09-12-2008, 06:41 AM
Not many vendors listed. I would think that if this was going to be the show of shows more people would be listed. I mean I know its still early but what better way to kick it off but by having a ton of vendors already listed something to make you say WOW. I am sorry but right now I am thinking HUM. Shane and its thats a far cry from 500 vendors Shane this time

scareshack
09-12-2008, 07:05 AM
That video is excellent!

Raycliff Manor
09-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Very well put together! I'm impressed that they have this video complete and live so soon. I'm looking forward to the show!

Kel

Nightgore
09-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Nice video... but I to am wondering where the vendors are? Either way, I'll see you in St. Louis in '09!!! -Tyler

Haunted Illinois
09-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Definitely like the video and the site.

Not many vendors listed. I would think that if this was going to be the show of shows more people would be listed.

Yeah, I agree. I only see about a dozen listed so far. C'mon people, sign up!

drfrightner
09-12-2008, 05:54 PM
All vendors are going that is a given... but I think Transworld is holding off until November to really focus on selling booths to haunt vendors. WHY?

THEY ARE TRYING TO FILL YOUR ORDERS!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Should they A) Fill your orders or B) Talk to Transworld about next years business?

LOL

You know I'm kidding but seriously that is what everyone is doing trying to fill orders then everyone will be signing up. Its just this industry thats all. Right now TW is focused on just one thing... getting all the who, what, when and how stuff needed to send out and sell this show. Once all of that is together you'll start to see more vendors sign up.

You don't see my company listed but I'm buying booths. I told them I didn't know what I was doing until November like almost everyone.

Cool site though huh?

I love it!

Larry

Nightgore
09-12-2008, 08:17 PM
IDK... the site itself looks kinda... hoaky? I mean, no offense to whoever made it, but it looks a little "cliparty"... just my 6.66 cents worth! -Tyler

graystone
09-12-2008, 10:53 PM
LMAO lets face it if you have not recived your orders yet that was placed in March. Your shit out of luck! Shane

damon carson
09-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Decent site and video. Shane I always love how you see the brighter side of things! But your probably right in this case. If I had ordered something and it hadnt got here yet I would be pissed.
Damon

poison
09-13-2008, 12:46 PM
There are many many VENDORS that don't sign up until 3 to 4 weeks before the show.
Thats just the way it works. I have filled all my orders from the show but have been getting slammed ever since AUGUST. I can barley keep up!
Back to work!

badlander2000
09-13-2008, 10:59 PM
What is all this crap about no vendors being listed! Seriously, just go to your workshop and don't complain about a simple website! Go finish your haunts, have the best season possible and then complain all you want. The website and show itself will have 4 months to develop.

graystone
09-14-2008, 07:50 AM
Here is the point! Yeah it still some months away BUT the longer you wait to buy plane tickets ect the more its going to cost you !!!! There is no reason if there was going to be over 500 vendors that there should not be atleast 80 give or take ( thats what was close to the number in the haunt section in Vegas) already listed! Tell you what call and get a quote on a plane ticket now. Then call a few weeks before the show and get a quote. WE SHOULD SEE A TON OF VENDORS NOW!

I know one major vendor ( you do the math) that will not be going and I know this for a fact. Larry has made mention that they are going to be there. But they told me out of their own mouth they would not be attending. Why? they are a good, honest, hard working company and they rather stay and work on products than go to the show. You will never here anyone say they have not got out all of their products. Also they say its cheaper and easier to list new product on the net and take and talk to their customers on the phone. But thats another thread. Again why not WOW us now? Not wait a few more months!!!!!!!! Shane and its I said what people are thinking Shane can I get an amen!

Nightgore
09-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I know another vendor as well that's not going! Shame really... but I guess there's nothing we can do about it! -Tyler

kpolley
09-14-2008, 10:22 AM
TW is just trying to get the ball rolling early. They are always rushing around last minute to get the website going and everything else this year but everybody's a critic. If they had a list of 80 vendors on a really bland site we would have heard how the site sucked. If they had 80 vendors on a great site we would have heard that 80 isn't nearly 500. If they had 500 on an absolutely amazing website we would have heard that there wouldn't be near enough buyers to support them. It doesn't matter. Regardless of what happens those who support the show will support it and those bent on being as negative as possible will do just that, I too am planning on attending in a big way...but I am still trying to figure out just how many booths I'm buying.

Now, on to one other thing...Unit 70. They told us long ago and we told you that IF they did do ANY show...it would be St. Louis. They may not show again and that's their choice. If they do show, however, it will be in St. Louis. Don't try to make it out that Bo and Brady are backing out when they're not. The same applies now as it did before. If they decide to exhibit it will be at the ONLY haunt show...the St. Louis show.

All that being said, I can't wait for TW St. Louis. It's going to be great. We, as an industry, need to all stand behind this show and the new direction it is going. Trust me, it's going to benefit us all in the long run.

graystone
09-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Wow are you telling us Unit70 may not attend? Weither or not they attend St. Louis or bum f*#&ed China the point is they wont be there! That is if thats who I am talking about. I never mentioned any names. Kip I never said Unit70 its not my place or your place to make that announcement! Did they hire your company to speak for them and use their name? Again I did not say who it was.

I also know several thats said piss on the Haunt Section they will just vend or attend the Las Vegas Halloween show. Transworld? Kip is telling us your holding back. Prove me and some of us others wrong! GIVE US A DETAILED LIST! Shane and its Kip you really opened your mouth this time Shane.

kpolley
09-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Okay, for those that can't remember the conversation when we went through all this last time the list of existing haunt vendors that supported this show as best I can recreate it is as follows:

Scarefactory
Ghost Ride
Creative Visions
Scare Parts
Pale Night Productions
Digital sound and Light
Gore Galore
Monster-tronics
Halloween Productions
Edge Designs
Rogues Hollow
Distortions
Unit 70
Spooky Buttons
Scream Line Studios
Fright Theatre Productions
Oak Island
Fright Props
Ghoulish Gallery
Gross Parts
Effectech
EFX-Tek
Spooky Props
Unit 70

There are, of course, more vendors that will be showing but this is the core list of supporters who got the show off the ground. Unit 70 made it clear what their plans were and they weren't secret either. If they show...they'll show in St. Louis. That's the way it is. I'm sure they haven't decided either way yet. It's pretty early.

At any rate, give the negativity about this show a rest. If you don't want to go don't go but quit trying to convince everyone else to join your little rebellion. I will not be supporting Hauntcon, but I don't sit here all day telling everyone else to not go in hopes of making the show a failure. Shane, you are SO invested in the show failing just because you want to be right. But you're wrong. The show will be great. Lots of money will change hands and the industry will continue to grow and move forward with or without your support.

The fact is THE haunt show will be in St. Louis. Like it or not...that's where the show is. If you want to see all of the vendors that you know and love and see all their new products on display in one place St. Louis is the place to be. Vegas will have a VERY small haunt showing and Houston doesn't even have a haunt section at all. Why is this hard to understand?

On a lighter note, we're starting new product development next week! We have some really exciting stuff coming out and I will post a few teaser photos as the time draws near. Can't wait to see everyone in St. Louis!

Jim Warfield
09-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Shane doesn't need venders? (Like me) I buy my pop and candy bars at the store.
I never have the right change usually anyway.

graystone
09-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Look people are going to go to the show if they want to it has nothing to do with what I think! Kip you seem to think that just because its in St. Louis that God himself created that city just for you, Larry and the Haunt Show! I did not care for it being in Vegas either! I think Chicago was the better choice!

KIP! LET ME LET YOU IN ON A LITTLE SECRET. THIS IS MY OPINION AND MINE ONLY! And whats the difference in me expressing what I think when your expressing what you think? Am I right? maybe or maybe not. Are you right? maybe or maybe not. But I will tell you if it were in any other city or if it moves out of St. Louis I bet we hear you bitch some about it! I mean of course your for it your saving a ton! You would be stupid not to want it in St.Louis! But when it moves ( if it ever does) if I hear one comment about it from you. I will come to your booth and remind you!

Also thats 24 you have listed and 2 of them you listed twice and a coulpe of the others well we will just say ummmm ok. ( I am surprised they still have their doors open) Now were down to about 20. THATS STILL A DAMN FAR CRY FROM 500!

On a lighter note Kip show us something thats gonna make our jaws drop wow us please! We need to see something exciting from you. Shane and its THIS IS MY OPINION SHANE THIS TIME!!

drfrightner
09-15-2008, 04:38 AM
Let me say this for the record... ANY VENDOR that doesn't go should shoot themselves in my book and doesn't know a thing about running a successful business. I will tell you FIRST HAND... I spent about 150,000.00 in Vegas, and if you didn't go to Vegas show hmmm...

I spent a few bucks with Unit 70 but nothing like I had if they had gone to the show. People buy things on impulse they see they touch they like they buy.

Simple as that...

Yes I would agree that the net is great, but it doesn't beat seeing the customers and talking to them face to face. I personally have been to a lot more tradeshows THEN ALL OF THESE HAUNTED VENDORS PUT TOGETHER ...

I have been to damn something like 15 16 Transworld shows in a ROW...I've been to 15 16 IAAPA shows in a ROW, I've been to the bowling show, fun expo, I even went to a farmer show once. I can't even tell you all the shows I've been to... and I can say with all honesty that the Transworld show has always been a buyers show unlike all the other shows I've attended.

We will downgrade IAAPA this year, we skipped Fun Expo, but this haunted Halloween show can't be beat for writing orders. If a vendor skips the show they will LOSE OUT BIG TIME...

More vendors than ever will show this year, people who only did Hauntcon or MHC, or something else will display at this who because costs have come down, and where will that leave those people who don't come...hmmm since the buyers will be broke after this show I'd say left in the cold.

Take your pick and do what is best for your business, but if a vendor doesn't come I can almost promise you without question you won't get one dime from me... I will give you an example, I really like the stuff Monstertronics made especially that toilet thing, and had he had that in Vegas I might have bought it but he didn't. I know he went to Hauntcon but I didn't go to Hauntcon like 90% of the rest of the real buyers out there... you have to go where the real buyers go and if you don't you are not helping your business grow. Its not that I didn't buy something from a vendor just because they didn't attend, no it was I was totally crazy spending too much at Transworld Vegas and had basically none left.

Did I make additional purchases after the fact, yes but ONLY for costumes and odd and end stuff. So again don't come you lose... I'm sure I'm more in the majority on how people spend their budgets than not.

Yes I know Hauntcon or something along those lines can be important places to meet some new additional customers, but I've yet to talk to anyone who said they took enough orders to pay their bills for an entire year, and well on the other hand at Transworld people are taking thousands of dollars in orders errr if you bring product people want to buy, which is always they key.

Personally I don't believe a thing Shane says, because I haven't talked to EVEN ONE vendor who has told me this, NOT ONE!

In fact I heard the opposite from everyone I've talked to...in fact I know for a fact that many of the retail type vendors are coming as well, I'm not going to say names but you can bet your butt it won't be just haunt vendors it will be a lot more than that.

Don't let emotions guide your business, let business guide your business.

Larry

drfrightner
09-15-2008, 04:43 AM
Adam,

What you said is very very very true... MANY VENDORS don't sign up officially until 2 to 4 weeks prior to a show because they want to spend their money at the very last minute. I told Transworld this very thing a couple weeks ago and told them to skip selling booths to haunt vendors, and focus on the non-traditional vendor or new vendors and come back to the haunt vendor in late November.

I think this is what is happening. I think once December rolls around you'll find this map getting updated more and more and more with the haunt vendor you KNOW, but not before.

People are just too damn busy to do this until after October.

Larry

graystone
09-15-2008, 08:00 AM
Larry I don't care if you believe me or not. How in the world can you talk to everyone I talk to and say you don't beleve me? Larry be a man and call me a lier. That way when I prove you wrong you can come to this site and then to my face and say Shane I am sorry you apparently talked so some people I did not talk to. I could say I don't believe you. But I cant say I have talked to everyone. Do I have time to talke to everyone? Hell No.

On another note 150,000.00 in Vegas? ( if your talking about your booth) if your talking about what you spent on the Darkness then ok. But if you mean booth rental than I need to see some proof of that. I was talking to David from Scarefactory at the show and asked him how much it cost him with the move he told me a little over 50,000.00. To me it seems that if you tell people you spend all this money it makes you look better. But actually to some of us we sit and think does he have no business sense? I mean shop around talk around then come back and bragg how much you saved not what you spent.

This will get deleted and its cool again its your site. But bragging how much you spend every time is just stupid and does not impress anyone. Actually Larry your gonna disagree but it really turns people off. Shane and its don't let me infulence you on the show do what you want to do Shane this time.

Nightgore
09-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Well, I guess we'll know come Transworld!... See you all there! YAY!!! -Tyler

drfrightner
09-16-2008, 03:22 AM
Shane,

No I'm saying I placed about $150,000.00 in orders at the show. Keep in mind we do projects for other clients, all told we probably spent close to $300,000 to $400,000.00 with various haunt vendors within the past year, but at the show itself we placed about $150,000.00 in orders with vedors. This isn't for ONE haunted house this is for TWO haunted houses.

I'm not bragging, I'm refuting what you are saying and how you paint a very negative picture, and how you discourage people from anything positive.

Here is EXACTLY what I'm saying, I'm saying that this is what I spent and about 95% of EVERY PENNY I SPENT from vendors for my OWN PERSONAL haunted house was placed in VEGAS! PERIOD!

The point is Mr. Negative, that if 95% of the stuff I bought was placed ONLY at the show how many others are just like me? THINK ABOUT MR KNOW IT ALL!

So ANY VENDOR that thinks they can SKIP a show like this let them, they will be the losers not the ones who show up. THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...if you don't display you lose sales, even if you do okay without going. People only have so much money to spend, and when those people go to the show, and spend their money well you lose if you don't attend.

I'm saying flat out I do NOT BELIEVE A WORD YOU ARE SAYING...and if some vendor did tell you they won't attend, then I laugh because in the end they'll change their mind and go and be one of those people who feel the pressure as the date comes closer and closer and they'll crack and buy the booths.

Wanna bet?

ALL SMART BUSINESS people KNOW this is a buyers seller show, its not some Horrorfind show, its a buyers seller show. If a vendor is serious about making product and selling it to the haunt market they will be on hand, if not they won't be there. If there is a vendor or two who already meet or max out capacity and are booked from here to eternity with order maybe they shouldn't go because people will place orders just like you Mr. Shane.

Bottom line, I'm only using myself as an example PERIOD! If I spent 95% of my budget at the show and you didn't go there is a very very very very strong chance you didn't get ONE dime from me, and hundreds of other haunts, or if you did it was a much smaller amount than what you could have got if you had been there.

IMPUSLE BUYING is HUGE... that is why all those gossip mags are in the check out lanes Shane.

No matter what Shane, you will be at the show, you will bring your check book, and yes you will probably be buying at ticket to the haunt tour, so why in the WORLD to paint such a negative picture for everyone else?

EVERYONE IS COMING EVERYONE!

Larry

beardedbil
09-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Are most people going to the show in Vegas, or will most be going to the St. Louis show? or both? Just curious would love to attend, but will only be able to attend one...

Ken Spriggs
09-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Larry, you didn't buy anything from us in Vegas.

But you did place an order!

Nightgore
09-16-2008, 03:35 PM
beardedbil,

The HAUNT show will be in St. Louis, the show in Vegas is the RETAIL show... meant for costume shops, halloween retailers, etc. etc. The show in St. Louis is meant for us, haunters... and the haunted attraction industry! -Tyler

hauntedhousenut
09-16-2008, 03:42 PM
"The point is Mr. Negative, that if 95% of the stuff I bought was placed ONLY at the show how many others are just like me? THINK ABOUT MR KNOW IT ALL!"

That line from your thread was hilarious!

Shane you have to agree, Larry waxed you good!

drfrightner
09-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Ken,

As stated there is a 5% 10% out there odds and ends stuff I bought after the fact, in Sinister Scents case, a week ago I bought replacements for my scent cannons. The point here is the new product that comes out every year, which most haunted house owners are looking for must be seen in person.

People making buying decisions based on what they see in person most of the time... can a person making a buying decision based strictly from a video or a photo yes they can and do they yes they do. However there is more orders placed at that show, or people who go home and place orders later after going to the show, than the other way around.

Many people don't place orders at the show but go to the show and maybe a month or two later place an order but its still tied in with the show. Maybe the future of how we all do business is changing, and well yes I agree it is. I for one am downsizing all the shows I attend, I'm not longer going to these IAAPA shows with a zillion booths its not worth it. IAAPA is not a buyers show, its a display show, and take meeting show.

It doesn't usually pay you back instantly and in some cases maybe not for a year or two. We elected not to attend Fun Expo this year because that show is just dead, not enough buyers to make it worth our wild. I'm sure Fun Expo had a few buyers who might be interested in what we do but not enough to take the time out of our current schedule to do the show.

Yes we'll still go to IAAPA but this year it will be smaller than ever. I will admit to ANYONE that we are getting most if not all of our business now through the web, people doing searches for our services and finding us. We don't even call prospective clients anymore they call us. Its wild, its awesome and its great!

Now with that being said the haunt show is for sure a order writing show, people bring money and they want to spend it. If I built animations I would 110% buy booths and display, if I sold a new product I would 110% display. I personally have downsized what I do at Transworld for a reason... I don't sell animations, effects and props anymore. We have sold about 98% of all banners, magazine ads, blah, blah for this site through the phone we don't even need to go if it was strictly for this business.

But all it really takes is a few new buyers to make it all worth the effort because I know its a writing show. We went to a Hauntcon once and well I didn't feel it was a business to business show so we didn't return, just as we didn't return to Fun Expo this year. For us going to a tradeshow has to show a return on the invest not only for your money but also your time.

I KNOW for most of the vendor who will buy booths and attend this show they will write a lot of orders, meet not clients, and prosper for the effort.

At the end of the day though it still boils down to ONE THING... do you have anything someone wants to buy. If you don't its not the shows fault its your fault. The buyers will be at this show, and they will bring good old fashion CASH and many orders will be placed.

Bring new products and buyers will spend money.

Larry

drfrightner
09-16-2008, 04:40 PM
To answer your question about Vegas/St. Louis.

I personally do not know of one vendor who is going to display at both shows, however there has been some talk that some might, and some might do a booth at Houston.

What I'm hearing is almost EVERYONE is ONLY doing St. Louis and that will be it nothing more. Some say they will however get like ONE booth in Houston or ONE booth in Vegas to pass out catalogs. But someone just might go with a bigger display but I don't know at this point.

I think many haunt vendors have learned their lessons as to going to a zillion shows and not putting the focus on the main show, where the majority of the buyers will be...whenever you attend too many shows you leave your shop and get behind filling orders. There are some shows out there worth a booth or two but you have to be very selective and base going on did you or will you make a return on the invest on your time and money.

Trust me when I say this ... EVERYONE I HAVE TALKED TO is going to St. Louis with the MAJOR display, and this is the only show that haunt buyers should pencil in as a must see show. For me the second best show is IAAPA because IAAPA has a lot of products there, and a lot of idea's floating around. Beyond that both this Houston show and Vegas show will be retail shows, yes still Halloween but still retail. Do you need any Halloween retail stuff? If yes maybe you should go, if not just plan for St. Louis. I will not attend the show in Houston or Vegas.

I will attend IAAPA and Haunted Attraction show only.

Larry

Nightgore
09-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Well, Larry, I hope your right! But I do know ONE vendor that will not be attending the St. Louis show... hopefully they change their mind! -Tyler

drfrightner
09-16-2008, 05:28 PM
What vendor would that be? I don't know of a one. And whomever chooses not to go they just made a very poor decision for their business in my opinion but I'll bet you they are just saying that and will change their mind and go it happens every single year. Larry

graystone
09-16-2008, 06:30 PM
I did a good job myself this morning but Larry thought it would hurt his argument and he erased it. I swear if I do go to St. Louis I am gonna sit in front of Larrys booth and give away bubble gum all day that has Larry jokes on them! I found a company that does that. Shane and its I am sorry are you trying to place an order with Larry Shane this time!

brad
09-16-2008, 07:13 PM
I wish I had a better signal at this hotel I'm stuck at.

I dont have a good enough signal to load the video. :(

hauntedhousenut
09-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I did a good job myself this morning but Larry thought it would hurt his argument and he erased it. I swear if I do go to St. Louis I am gonna sit in front of Larrys booth and give away bubble gum all day that has Larry jokes on them! I found a company that does that. Shane and its I am sorry are you trying to place an order with Larry Shane this time!

yes you did a great job, all I'm saying is that it was nice to see Larry rip on you in a funny way.

graystone
09-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Ok Nut I Got You Now! Shane

Jim Warfield
09-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Would the impulse buying from seeing something at a show be somewhat dampened or degraded by simply seeing catalogs instead of items/products?
Seems like seeing a picture on a computer screen would be very much like seeing a picture on a page put there via a computer printer.
"Feel how heavy this catalog is, feel the quality in the weight?"
Now pick up your monitor, which is heavier?
See?