any suggestions

Thanks

Smiley
09-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Is it for ambiance?

poison
09-17-2008, 12:21 AM
CD111 INSANE ASYLUM

1 Track. 70 minutes of maniacal laughter, tortured screams, moans, distant banging on walls and much more. Very creepy and haunting.

http://poisonprops.com/MainPages/CDs.html

Jim Warfield
09-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Does the McCain camp-pain have a song?
I could write one.

poison
09-17-2008, 12:22 AM
I think i like that one better than mine!

Jonathan
09-17-2008, 03:17 AM
GREAT ambience Adam. Love it.

If you are looking for music, you might find something on a variety of artists like Mid Syn, Virgil ,Hedstorm, Gathering of Darkness and even my own, Dark Pandemonium, which you can get right now at Monster Guts.

Killer Katie
09-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Midnite Sindicate - Gates of Dilerium (sp?) A great track! Also if you can find a track of whispers and giggles...

virgil
09-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Gates is my favorite MS album of all time!!

Jonathan
09-18-2008, 09:32 AM
That used to be my favorite. BUT....now Dead Matter: Cemetery Gates is.

hahaha but they all rock.

Davey J
09-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Universal used "Theme from a Summer Place" in their Psycho Scareapy house, and I thought it worked well.

I took it as music chosen by the doctors to try and calm the residents, but of course in reality the juxtaposition of soothing music against the chaos surrounding you makes it that much more unsettling.

So my suggestion: Elevator music!

SpFXChic
09-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Universal used "Theme from a Summer Place" in their Psycho Scareapy house, and I thought it worked well.

Honestly, that song creeps me out anyway. I'm not sure why, there's just something about it. Gives me the willies.

Jim Warfield
09-19-2008, 02:44 AM
I was awake in the back seat of the drive in movie, the adults thought all the kids were asleep.
I saw "A Summer Place", a scandalous movie by 1959? standards!
A young couple actually must have been intiment because the girl was pregnant!
Wow!

Killer Katie
09-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Elevator music..brilliant!
The girl from Ipenina (bad sp...)
Jonathan - was that a Dead matter plug? LOL Great placement!

themagicofjustinarrigo
09-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Get the soundtrack to Session 9!

damon carson
09-19-2008, 02:30 PM
I helped with a Jaycee's haunted house many years ago and these guys had that song that goes. There coming to take me away ho ho ha ha hee hee. You wouldnt think it would work but it was kinda of a comic relief with everyone else in the haunt trying to scare you. They had baby ruths in a bed pan offering them to you and then they would eat one. LOL! Funny stuff.
Damon

Mr. Malice
09-20-2008, 07:50 AM
LeRue Deleshay-The Court Composer

GingerSnaps
09-20-2008, 01:27 PM
By elevator music, I'm assuming you are referring to Muzac. That sounds good to me.

I also think one of the most bizarre albums I've ever listened to is Chumbawamba's Tubthumper. So many of the songs have great lyrics for an insane asylum:

Amnesia - Do you suffer from long-term memory loss? I don't remember...
Drip, Drip, Drip (goes the water)
The Goodship Lifestyle - I'm going nowhere.

These are just examples. The music sometimes changes drastically from one song to the next, and it also has non-lyrical weird comments dispersed throughout the album as well.

Very bizarre, but I enjoy listening to it. So what does that say about me?

I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down...

N2SPOOKINU
09-23-2008, 10:28 AM
At Slashmasters Asylum we use what a wonderful world and we had screams and laughter and chains added into the background. It drives my actors crazy hearing it all night long but it's great and sets the tone for the attraction.