PDA

View Full Version : Gobble Gobble

xxxdirk
11-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Hey with all the distraction on the board yesterday, I forgot to wish all of you in my haunt comunity a very happy and safe Thanksgiving Day. Jane is upstairs cooking a beautiful Turkey with all of my favorite side dishes, candied yams, beans, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and pumkin pie...
Then later after we eat, plop down in my recliner and watch some football games..... Then eat some more....mmmmm turkey!!!

Darkblood
11-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Sounds like a plan, xxxdirk!
We get to go to my parents for supper tonight...then her parents for supper tomorrow! Two turkey dinners fresh! We separated the meals so we didn't have to do two in one day with the baby and all!
Lucky us! :wink:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kirk :twisted:

Raycliff Manor
11-23-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm getting ready to go visit Mom at the hospital. We'll be giving thanks for the great news on her condition! :D Happy Turkey Day Ron and everyone else!

Kel

PumpkinHead
11-23-2006, 10:36 AM
http://pumpkinheaddesign.com/thanksgiving.jpg
Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving feast, regardless of what you are feasting on!
PH

Empressnightshade
11-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Very nice, Pumpkinhead!

I'm about to plunk my turkey into the fryer for my first fried turkey. I've read and heard so many warnings from people on how dangerous it can be. But, I'm looking forward to it.

Now.....
I figure I'm one of the few, if not the only, African American woman that frequents this board. Why did I say this? Because I want you all to read what I've prepared for Thanksgiving. Don't frown. It's VERY good!

Turkey Tails in Gravy with Noodles
Blackeyed Peas with Hamhocks
Cheesy Cornbread Casserole
Spinach with Bacon and Onions
Heart and Filling (That's cut up Beef Heart in delicous gravy and spooned over homemade mashed potatoes with sauteed onions and celery. It's a Pennsylvania Dutch recipe Midnight Evil told me about.)
Chittlins (Pig intestines....YUMMY!!!!!!)
Brown and Serve Rolls with REAL Butter
Cranberry Sauce
Fried Turkey
Deep Dish Cherry Pie with Whipped Cream

A plethora of Soul Food!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

xxxdirk
11-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Empress, I have never had soul food, but I would love to be at you place to try some of it. Your love would make the food taste even better. Hope you can make it to Transworld this yera so I can meet you.. Ron

Empressnightshade
11-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Empress, I have never had soul food, but I would love to be at you place to try some of it. Your love would make the food taste even better. Hope you can make it to Transworld this yera so I can meet you.. Ron
Ron, we would LOVE to have ya! :D

Oh and about Transworld....
I'M GOING! I've booked my hotel and bought my plane ticket already. See ya there!!

PumpkinHead
11-23-2006, 12:05 PM
mmmm, soul food........(even better when the souls are fresh)

One of my favorites is boiling ribs in beer before you BBQ them, you can also use turkey necks for a thanksgiving twist! If you do it right the meat literally falls off the bone.

Hey Empress, I hope that turkey turns out well. Fried Turkey is AWESOME! (We had one the the thanksgiving before my grandfather had a quadruple bypass... he is healthier than he ever was but now we have split pea soup :shock: )

Hope you all have a joyous holiday!
PH

Joedog
11-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Very nice, Pumpkinhead!

I'm about to plunk my turkey into the fryer for my first fried turkey. I've read and heard so many warnings from people on how dangerous it can be. But, I'm looking forward to it.

Now.....
I figure I'm one of the few, if not the only, African American woman that frequents this board. Why did I say this? Because I want you all to read what I've prepared for Thanksgiving. Don't frown. It's VERY good!

Turkey Tails in Gravy with Noodles
Blackeyed Peas with Hamhocks
Cheesy Cornbread Casserole
Spinach with Bacon and Onions
Heart and Filling (That's cut up Beef Heart in delicous gravy and spooned over homemade mashed potatoes with sauteed onions and celery. It's a Pennsylvania Dutch recipe Midnight Evil told me about.)
Chittlins (Pig intestines....YUMMY!!!!!!)
Brown and Serve Rolls with REAL Butter
Cranberry Sauce
Fried Turkey
Deep Dish Cherry Pie with Whipped Cream

A plethora of Soul Food!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

ONE THING TO SAY ABOUT THAT.......
ROAD TRIP

DeathReaper
11-23-2006, 12:21 PM
http://pumpkinheaddesign.com/thanksgiving.jpg
Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving feast, regardless of what you are feasting on!
PH

PH,

I like your Thanksgiving photo image!!

Empressnightshade
11-23-2006, 12:55 PM
ONE THING TO SAY ABOUT THAT.......
ROAD TRIP

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SpFXChic
11-28-2006, 09:56 AM
No kidding, Joe Dog! I'll meet you on the way and follow you out! :) CARAVAN! LOL.