PDA

View Full Version : As a haunted house nut...how do you want to be buried

drfrightner
09-28-2008, 11:29 PM
As one of the people in the spookiest industries, do you have strange or morbid burial plans? Want to include your responses in a national bit of PR...

Share you thoughts?

Do you wanted to be cremated, buried like normal, a tomb, a crypt, custom tombstone, your ashes dumped somewhere strange... tell me.

Larry

Phoenix
09-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Surely the proper way for a haunted house enthusiast to be buried is ALIVE, the real question is it ina box ina hole, or bricked up in the attic :)

Greg Chrise
09-29-2008, 12:44 AM
If I'm not feeling great some day, I will just go sit by the dumpster on Thursday.

Haunting Copy
09-29-2008, 02:45 AM
Y'all are crackin' me up, LOL!

Phoenix, I had never considered a "Cask of the Amontillado" burial before. I'll have to think it over.

Nah.

Sarah

Haunting Copy
09-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Uh, wait a minute, Larry . . .

Just how would you leverage this information for PR? LOL

Sarah

FearSeeker
09-29-2008, 06:11 AM
Sarah, I'm glad you're back.

Phoenix, what a great idea, although I think I would add one minor detail for all us haunt enthusiasts. How about being buried alive confronting our biggest fears? For me, that means being buried alive in a room full of scorpions. It makes me shudder to think about it.

After reading that biggest fear thread, there could be so many great ones. Things like being buried alive in a room full of clowns, old scary porcelain dolls, with a lunatic killer, with rising water in which you cannot see the bottom and don't know what's below, with the walls closing in on you, with rats, bats, snakes, spiders, bugs, etc. Name your fear and it could likely be done.

I would also hate to be buried alive with somebody who could not shut up, you know those nervous Nellie types, or else with other annoying sounds that are loud, non-stop, or intermittent. I would at least want to be able to control the noise and level, so having some control of my situation would be an issue.

And Greg, instead of sitting by the dumpster, it seems like it would be so much more fun to throw yourself into it and then play in your surroundings while you wait for trash pickup. Why not at least enjoy your last day on Earth? LOL

Jim Warfield
09-29-2008, 06:28 AM
On the hill overloking The Ravens Grin Inn is the city graveyard, 6,400 burials up there. The tallest monument there is about 18 feet tall has my last name on it, "Warfield" my Great,great grandfather is buried there. I have used his marker in some of my little front room videos.
There is another grave marker up there that says "James Warfield", according to the death date I died in 1953.
Of course I wouldn't remember this very well since I would only have been 4 years old.
So now you all know my secret........
Sometimes my fingers just go right through these keys if I don't concentrate enough.
OK, I'm James "S" Warfield, the 1953 stone says "James "G" Warfield", but packed snow hides the middle initial when filming in the wintertime.
He was my Grandfathers cousin and lived 2 blocks up the hill from my parents, and Gregg, he was found dead as he carried out the garbage cans, slumped over ontop of the last can.

Jim Warfield
09-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Ideally one that looks like my house, 2-storie 1870 Italianate with a cupola.
Then solar-recharged batteries hidden within with a nocturnal motion switch and some revoving talking chips to entertain the teenagers sneaking around in the graveyard at night!
"Get away from me!"
"What do you want now?"
"Hey! Come here, I've got an itch, scratch it for me......"
"Who turned off the airconditioning? Who's the guy with the goat horn hat?"
"Ive been good, can I come out and play now?"
"Come on back for our full moon show when this granite floats ."

Then maybe a big collection of dirty jokes would top the play list?
Wouldn't this be fun? Scaring people after you are dead and long buried?

mindtumor
09-29-2008, 06:45 AM
I want to be buried like normal. I was married like normal. I don't even really go overboard decorating my house. Just because I own a haunted house doesn't mean I want it incorporated into every aspect of my life. Interesting question though.

FearSeeker
09-29-2008, 06:48 AM
On another thread, people have revealed that even though they work in haunts, they haven't been through a haunt ever or at least in years and/or are actually afraid to go through them.

So perhaps we should consider being buried in a haunt, somehow going through one again and again, night after night. How could we accomplish this? Ideas?

Jim Warfield
09-29-2008, 07:20 AM
If I had spent the last 21 years still installling furnaces and air conditioners I would not want a tombstone resembling those items.
It required alot of energy, possibly somewhat radically motivated , for me to accomplish what I have done here, 98% of it done by me with no help, which involves everything a house needs to be to remain a viable structure. Now add to this factor that a large percentage of the items I built in the house are of my own ideas and designs (like them or not), the house is filled with my own creative artwork and concepts of how a "Haunted House" should be which doesn't seem to resemble any other such enterprise, maybe the U.S.S Enterprise"?
I have been open, giving tours of my house almost every night of the year , for the last almost 20 years, plus Sat. & Sun. afternoons.
The amount of fun and entertainment that I have had and made for others is incredible and addictive, possibly this fun factor is what has managed to propell me continiously here.
I would see a strange grave marker as a continuation of what I have been doing here everyday and everynight for all of these years, giving many the option to keep it going by visiting the marker...,.
...and then..when the Earth falls into the sun......it's all moot-point anyway, isn't it?

TheCareTaker
09-29-2008, 08:42 AM
an old cematary with a gothic crypt playing year round hounting sounds. make the crypt big enough for the whole family just to freak them all out.
the text should be in a old scroll with warning. LOL

yup that would do me just fine.

SpFXChic
09-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Hmmm...as long my sould is at peace (i.e. no long hours of day job, then haunt, no snowstorms, no fire inspectors, lol), I could care less what is done with my shell. Go the cheap route funeral-wise, cremate me, and throw a big party to celebrate my life.

Labyrinth of Phobias
09-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Personally, I love the ocean, and being cremated and having my ashes sprinkled across the sea somehow seems very calming.

Patti Ludwinski
09-29-2008, 02:26 PM
As GREEN as possible.

First, pluck me of any valuable organs. Then, dig a deep hole, throw my dead body in, put a tree stump on top, and then plenty of dirt to cover.

That's how I'd prefer to go out...PLANT FOOD. Lol.

---Patti

graystone
09-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Stuffed!!!!! But wait theres more! I want to be stuffed and mounted next to Larry K. Picture this I am pointing at him and hes pointing at me. There should be a sign hanging from him that reads.... Shane did this to me because I kept deleting his post and he kept getting madder and madder. My ( Shane) sign will read. Hell yes I did that to Larry and the State did this to me. Shane and its I can make this happen Shane this time!!!

***Patti good to see ya and read your post. I do think your a real sweet heart! However..... well never mind all I will say is God Bless You its always nice to see your post.

hauntedhousenut
09-29-2008, 09:13 PM
When you pry it from my dead cold hands!

drfrightner
09-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Patti,

I think part of being buried respecfully puts the livings minds at ease,and I could never see putting anyone I love under a tree as plant food to decay and being wrapped in maggots...NO WAY! I would never do that to you or anyone even Shane. LOL

As for Shanes request yeah that would be funny!

Does anyone think you could get a permit to be entombed inide your haunted house, if you've been mummifed?

Would anyone want that are planning for that?

Larry

Boni
09-30-2008, 12:28 AM
In a glass coffin, put me somewhere in my haunt, stick a motion sensored air hose up my arse and watch my eyes bug out every time someone passes by. I could live out eternity as a prop.

TheNightMare
09-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Stuffed!!!!! But wait theres more! I want to be stuffed and mounted.

You mean like this kid?

http://www.dlisted.com/files/angelinthecorner1.jpg

link to story (http://www.dlisted.com/node/27815)

drfrightner
09-30-2008, 01:44 AM
Thanks for finding that story. That was an amazing story for sure. I wonder how they got him to stand up for three days.

Larry

Haunting Copy
09-30-2008, 03:40 AM
On another thread, people have revealed that even though they work in haunts, they haven't been through a haunt ever or at least in years and/or are actually afraid to go through them.

So perhaps we should consider being buried in a haunt, somehow going through one again and again, night after night. How could we accomplish this? Ideas?

I'm afraid to go through them, too.

Jeez, I feel like I've just confessed to a horrible crime! :(

Sarah

Haunting Copy
09-30-2008, 03:44 AM
Hmmm...as long my sould is at peace (i.e. no long hours of day job, then haunt, no snowstorms, no fire inspectors, lol), I could care less what is done with my shell. Go the cheap route funeral-wise, cremate me, and throw a big party to celebrate my life.

Know what someone told me? They said that cremation is *more* expensive than a regular burial!

I haven't looked it up to find out if this is true. It's just what someone once said to me.

Sarah

Haunting Copy
09-30-2008, 03:48 AM
Thanks for finding that story. That was an amazing story for sure. I wonder how they got him to stand up for three days.

Larry

Here's another one:

http://www.unc.edu/depts/econ/byrns_web/Economicae/HET/Pioneers/bentham.htm

(Sorry if this is posted somewhere else on the forums.)

Sarah

mindtumor
09-30-2008, 06:29 AM
I want to be buried next my wife, as long as she isn't yelling at me about taking her pillows like yesterday.

Jim Warfield
09-30-2008, 08:12 AM
They are.
Get a really funny, outrageous tatoo just to make that mortician laugh out loud!
I was doing some heat-piping work, bent down on the other side of the door of the embalming room when the two morticians began snickering, then laughing right out loud????????
I guess I'll never know what they saw that was so funny on that deceased body?
My Uncle had a realistic looking mouse about to enter his anus as a tatoo.
He also had three cherrys on the stem on his thigh to prove he had never lost his....
Being drunk in Mexico and in the Navy helped these expressive artforms come to life.

Haunting Copy
10-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Jim, I *beg* you: write a book. I'll edit it for you, if you want. The proceeds could go to a literacy effort. :D

Found another interesting one:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ifoTdSyuFV5KIxxIgE8CvVoVBTkAD93HCHHO0

Sarah

damon carson
10-01-2008, 09:01 AM
I've thought about this one before. Being into scaring and doing a haunted house for many years. I would love to do this. So I could keep on scaring way after Im gone. I want a decent sized gothic looking tombstone with one of those oval pictures of me on it It would have to look haunted or eerie in someway but normal not to throw off anyone. Then the tombstone has a motion sensor in it that sets off an creepy evil laugh. Like with outdoor speakers built into it like at a theme park. To spook the hell out of the unextected vistitors or passers by. Maybe something in the epitaph that says I loved my two boys and Halloween and everything spooky. I think that would be nice.
Damon

damon carson
10-03-2008, 10:50 AM
I saw a story on Ripleys once about a fun house that had a corpse prop that turned out to be real. It turned out to be someone that had been murdered and I believe to been shot in the head. They then hid the body for tens of years in this old fun house. Everyone thinking it was fake. I cant remember what made them think to see if it was real or not. But it wasnt this poor souls choice to be hung up as a Halloween prop Im sure. LOL!
Damon.

Matt Marich
10-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I want to be embalmed, mummified and have steel rammed up my ass so I can become animated Scarefactory style.
Spending eternity aimlessly popping in and out scarring the kiddies.

That way I will be powered by Pneumatic Air, not gas...,

Barry
10-04-2008, 06:35 AM
When I read the title of this thread I thought Larry was threatening hauntedhousenut! :eek:

To answer the question, I don't care. I will be done with my body at that point. Turn me into a prop!