PDA

View Full Version : We Need All You Haunters for this cause..We have....

Jonathan
09-30-2008, 09:54 AM
http://www.rfrpodcast.com/costumesforkids/banners/I_Support_CFK.gif

Hello fellow haunters, I have posted on this before so I won't bang you over the head again. But with the current state of the United States and hard times..we really need your help to push this cause further to its goal.

We have too many children and even though you all are donating like crazy, we need to keep bringing it in to help these children get the Halloween you once had and the Halloween they may never be able to experience again.

You can look over our site because it goes beyond costumes, I have posted a little bit on what items we are looking for.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED

And thank you to Grendels Den, Bodybag Entertainment, Fright Kingdom, Midnight Syndicate for coming on board as fellow contributors and sponsors.

We also have posters available for download so you can have a drive at your local event.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL

ITEMS accepted:

ONLY ONE PERSON? We need everyone's help in the effort. Even if that means shipping one item your children no longer use. Please look at the guidelines listed below and THANK YOU for helping with our cause at Costumes For Kids.

USED COSTUMES
(in useable condition)

NEW COSTUMES
(does not have to be sealed)

INFANT and TODDLER COSTUMES

HOMEMADE COSTUMES

MAKE-UP and FACE PAINT
(only new sealed make-up/paint accepted)

HALLOWEEN PARTY DECOR and FAVORS
(simple items fun for children)

Haunting Copy
10-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Hi there :)

I'm very curious . . . how did y'all find out there was a need for this cause?

Thanks,
Sarah

Jonathan
10-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Well it was a long process actually.

How I got the idea is pretty long in itself and you can hear the whole story on the show.

But after the initial idea I gathered a team of 5 others and we made phone calls, after phone calls all around the United States to hospitals, groups, childrens centers etc.

And many of them had a need for it. Many of them are children who are disabled, and families have nothing left and invested much of their funds into bills, also those children, when asked by the staff of the places we called, wanted to dress up. What child doesn't. Also many are non-profit organizations, lower income child care, and also organizations to keep children active and off the streets.

Also, since my day job is in adveertising and marketing I used our stats/marketing data person to do some research on Halloween / Fall celebrations, demographics, age breakdowns, typical family income of those celebrating etc. etc.

So after a whirl wind of research we felt to move forward with the cause. It def. seemed fitting as well in today's hard times to give something back. Something we all love here. Xmas does theirs, Easter has its own and now Halloween can give back to.

I hope that gives the Post It Note version for you and helps you out a bit.

If you have anything else feel free to email me or what not.