PDA

View Full Version : OMG, y'all, look at this!

Haunting Copy
10-02-2008, 06:13 AM
It scares me to think what y'all could come up with using this stuff!

http://www.luminvision.co.uk/

Oh, Tooooooonnnnnyyyyyyyy! :D

Cheers!
Sarah

P.S. Go to the "Gallery" and have fun. I was blown away by the 3D.

SpFXChic
10-02-2008, 10:03 AM
That was pretty nifty. I could see how some of those could come in handy in our industry!

twohlgemuth
10-02-2008, 11:00 PM
I seen the butterfly effect at the Harrahs Hotel in Vegas during Transworld. Now if they could make a grave yard with zombies reaching up at you, that would sell to this twisted group!

Haunting Copy
10-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Can you work on that for us, Tony? ;)

I wonder what they use to make those projections? Dreamweaver? j/k sort of.
I have no idea. :|

dr0zombie
10-03-2008, 11:58 AM
There is also the fog screen product www.fogscreen.com/. You could combine the concepts and have an interactive floor and space in front of your guests. It would be incredibly cool but very expensive. With both of these technologies doing them so they look good on the cheep would be nice to know how to do.

SpookywoodsFX.com
10-04-2008, 12:55 AM
The fog screen is really cool. Been wanting to give that a go at SW. As for the floor projection, I wonder if that would work as a wall effect?

Haunting Copy
10-04-2008, 04:26 AM
The fog screen is really cool. Been wanting to give that a go at SW. As for the floor projection, I wonder if that would work as a wall effect?

Yes! If you poke around a bit on the site (the gallery), there's all kinds of
neat videos that show what it can do.

The ones that trip me out are the Dasani and Coke ads. Oh yeah, and the touch
screen thingy!

It's *so* Star Wars.

Sarah

Haunting Copy
10-04-2008, 04:30 AM
There is also the fog screen product www.fogscreen.com/. You could combine the concepts and have an interactive floor and space in front of your guests. It would be incredibly cool but very expensive. With both of these technologies doing them so they look good on the cheep would be nice to know how to do.

I just went to fogscreen.com and checked it out. That is soooooooooo cool!

I don't see why you couldn't mix the two. You have to have a screen for the Luminvision, so why not use the fog screen?

Now all we need is someone to dress up as Princess Leia.

Sarah

dr0zombie
10-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I have been looking at these interactive projected applications for a while. There are many out there as the "future" of advertising and computing. As an IT guy the afford ability of the technology is about the only limit to this. Most CG effects in haunts today are basically projected images no more interesting than what a Disney did 50 years ago. Sure its cool, but in a haunt is cool really what you are going for? Scary most of it is not, and honestly can not be. It in no way violates the safety bubble of a guest in action or in perception. Now, with an interactive immersion environment as you could create with these technologies merged you could actually mess with people based on their own choices in an environment where the CG could be in their personal space. Not THAT would be a CG haunt environment worth doing. Not to mention.... what if you could change an entire are of your haunt through without doing any more than playing on your compy for a few months? No new walls, no change to the fire marshal, no materials cost at all, and you end up with an entirely new guest experience. In my mind this is the holy grail of where the haunted house will need to be in 20 years to even be a form of entertainment. It will be this in all its glory, or bad ass acting...

Anyone want to give me some cash to play? LOL.....

Haunting Copy
10-04-2008, 08:03 PM
I have been looking at these interactive projected applications for a while. There are many out there as the "future" of advertising and computing. As an IT guy the afford ability of the technology is about the only limit to this. Most CG effects in haunts today are basically projected images no more interesting than what a Disney did 50 years ago. Sure its cool, but in a haunt is cool really what you are going for? Scary most of it is not, and honestly can not be. It in no way violates the safety bubble of a guest in action or in perception. Now, with an interactive immersion environment as you could create with these technologies merged you could actually mess with people based on their own choices in an environment where the CG could be in their personal space. Not THAT would be a CG haunt environment worth doing. Not to mention.... what if you could change an entire are of your haunt through without doing any more than playing on your compy for a few months? No new walls, no change to the fire marshal, no materials cost at all, and you end up with an entirely new guest experience. In my mind this is the holy grail of where the haunted house will need to be in 20 years to even be a form of entertainment. It will be this in all its glory, or bad ass acting...

Anyone want to give me some cash to play? LOL.....

Couldn't these product a pretty good "jump out at you" effect, kind of like the one the props do? Could be good queue entertainment, too.

Man, I wonder what these things cost. I didn't even bother to check!