PDA

View Full Version : Haunted enterprises, UNSATISFACTORY CUSTOMER SERVICE

xxxdirk
10-14-2008, 12:33 PM
I have been a customer of Haunted Enterprises for many years. In fact one of my 1st purchases was from them when I started many years ago. This year in Houston in April I ordered a Machine Gun from them. It finally arrived a week ago today and lasted exactly 1 night FRIDAY. I have tried calling them 3-4 times a day since then, have emailed them twice, and have gotten no reply. A perfect example of a company that has lost my business, and hopefully yours, too...

Nightgore
10-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks for this! This re-assures my stance of not doing business with them. Again, thanks... and I hope something possitive will come of this for you! -Tyler

UndeadProd
10-14-2008, 01:26 PM
I thought this kind of thing was supposed to go on a different thread?

Can't speak to others' experiences, but we've been very happy with Haunted Enterprises this year and will continue to order from them next year.

Dr Spooktakular
10-14-2008, 01:49 PM
To be honest, they are probably the best, most efficient, and customer friendly company we dealt with this year. Keep in mind that not only do they run Haunted Enterprises, they also run a haunt complex in Vegas and like the rest of us are super busy. Tyler, if you're gonna chime in on a vendor issue, before you remark on a company, try spending some of your own money with them so you can be a knowlegeable and informed individual.

Nightgore
10-14-2008, 02:05 PM
^ I don't have to... part of running a business is education, learning from other peoples mistakes, and knowing your industry. We will work with a company without doing our research, every product we buy, we look into as if EVERY penny is a MAJOR purchase.

Let's just we were buying erosion cloth from haunted enterprise (I don't even know if they offer it, but let's just say)... we would do just as much research into that as if we were buying a MAJOR animation from Unit70.

Know, don't give me the bullcrap about how different the products are and that erosion cloth can be found ALOT of places and the animation only one... it doesn't matter. I run a BUSINESS... and every penny we have has to be accounted for.

So, why would I want to do business with a company that, so far, has just as many good comments as bad complaints? That's a 50/50 chance I'll get screwed... so, I'll take my money, somewhere else.

Sorry to get so off topic, this thread should probably be moved to the "new" forum that deals with this stuff! -Tyler

PS: Also, some haunts will get better treatment and/or "preference" over others... the big name haunts will take first orders. I know you could say that the haunts with the biggest order SHOULD get taken care of first, but this is just a DUMBASS excuse used by both vendors and big haunt owners. Every haunt should be treated the same no matter how big the order is! Enough said.

Dr Spooktakular
10-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Tyler, some of your points are well taken. I'm by no means a big player in this industry and these people treated me like one. Don't write them off because of 1 guy being frustrated. As the great Larry Kirchner always says, "there are always 2 sides to every story!"

mindtumor
10-14-2008, 02:11 PM
I find it funny that people have cried for the last couple of years about wanting a vendor feedback forum on here and have complained that Larry wouldn't make one. Now that he has created one and made it private it isn't being used.

Dr Spooktakular
10-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Well, aren't you Albert Einstein!

Haunted Illinois
10-14-2008, 03:20 PM
...As the great Larry Kirchner always says, "there are always 2 sides to every story!"

Yeah... his side and ... his side.

LOL. Sorry, just couldn't resist! :P

Gravely
10-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Haunted Enterprises did well by me this year. great last minute product, and customer service on the phone when I needed it.

Grimley
10-14-2008, 09:23 PM
We placed an order. Never got it nor any follow up. I plan to call tomorrow and tell them they can keep it. Our order was only a couple of hundred bucks but a phone call would have gone a long way.

xxxdirk
10-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Good luck contacting them. Their phone number says that their mailbox is full, and they have not responded to my emails....

Grimley
10-15-2008, 01:43 AM
I ran into the same thing. They even left an emergency contact number in the message last week and that mailbox is full too. If they would have just called we could have worked things out. But it just means no future sales for this company. We tend to place smaller orders with companies we have not bought from in the past. That way we can rate the price, customer service, speed of delivery, and quality of product delivered vs actually received. This year we ordered from three new companies two of which got reorders already. This one just happened to fail miserably. The bad thing is I can't even call to make sure they cancel the order because all the mailboxes are full. I know they come on here from time to time and hope they read this.

Gore Galore
10-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Sorry to say,
I am sure now seeing that both of their mailboxes are full that they are so busy either working on orders, or their own event that they are overwhelmed.
It does happen at times.
I know them well enough to know if they knew they stiffed a customer they would not be happy about it.

This is the reason our company will not try to run an event alongside being a vendor. At this time of year, it is impossible to do both.

I am sorry to hear about your frustration

xxxdirk
10-15-2008, 11:33 AM
And then you have companies that go above and beyond. Distortions, I have had to call them a bunch of times with questions and problems this year and I never have problems getting through. Adam from Poison Props, the same, always answers his phone or calls me back in an hour or so. Kevin from Gore Galore, again, always there.
Meanwhile STILL no contact from Haunted Enterprises. Mailbox is still full and no reply to emails. I really dont care if they are busy. If they are that busy running their haunt, then they should not be selling stuff. They got my $$ and all I have from them is a bunch of PVC

Grimley
10-20-2008, 01:28 PM
I tried to send Haunted Enterprises a fax this morning and even the fax lines are now off and their phone # automatically disconnects now. I hope that someone close to them lets them know of this forum because I would love a response. Here is the fax I sent. Maybe they will read it here:

Gentleman

I placed an order with your company two months ago for product with the intent to resell this Halloween. Your company has failed miserably at customer service. All of your phone lines have mailboxes that are full and emails go unanswered. This is the last avenue I have. I am assuming that you have already canceled the order I placed. If not please do so. Any shipments that arrive from your company will be refused and any charges to our Credit Card will be disputed. A phone call would have gone a long way to resolve this situation. In the future I would recommend hiring a minimum wage employee to at least call customers back. I have no desire to do any business with this company in the future as you have proved to be unresponsive and unreliable at best.

Sincerely,
Corey Rutland
Lord Grimley’s Manor

Creature Revenge
10-23-2008, 12:29 PM
I have to agree with a lot of these complaints. I ordered four of their Pro-Line tombstones this year. They are all warping beyond use after just a few days. I've been trying to contact them with no luck. I don't buy this excuse about "being swamped" around Halloween. If they're that busy, they should put on some extra seasonal help, at least to answer the phones and take messages. Halloween's a busy time for all of us, yet we manage to keep our lives functioning. To me, their non-communication is the sign of an amateur, disorganized company. I won't be doing business with them again either.

TheNightMare
10-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I LOVE Haunted Enterprises and will continue to do business with them. They are always friendly and helpful.

Yes, they sell props and run a haunted house. They are extremely busy right now. I do agree that they probably should have hired someone to answer the phones. But if the person they hire doesn't know the product all that well, then I can understand why they haven't hired anyone.

As for Tyler jumping on the bandwagon of avoiding companies that have problems during the season. I say SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY WITH THEM and GO FROM THERE. So I take it your NEVER buying from ScareFactory are you? You know, since they have yearly complaints and all.

Nightgore
10-23-2008, 08:46 PM
No, there's about a 95% chance we won't ever be dealing with Scarefactory unless they totally turn around what the company is doing! I also think they are way overused and starting to be "too common" for haunts!

I don't want someone coming through and seeing the same stuff from Scarefactory that another haunt has... but I don't make all the purchasing decisions, my partner really loves the slayer! I'm trying to talk him out of it. -Tyler

thehauntedhall
10-24-2008, 04:36 PM
I have had some problems with them also..i ordered some fog machines and a cofin ride at hauntcon in houston this year and also purchesed some stuff directly from him at the convention and i would call and check on my order and would be told that it was going to be shipped this week..was told that several times and then i couldnt get them to answer or return my phone calls untill about a week ago and last friday 2 of my fog machines did show up but im half way through my haunt season..i have bought from them the past few years and never had a problem untill this year