PDA

View Full Version : Wall system support in field?

rwrussom
10-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Looking for ideas or direction in finding sollutions for a wall support system. One site open to me is a cleared dirt lot with gentle slopes to drainage structures. What is a good method for support of the typical wall system. Given that this is a potentially uneven and unlevel working surface, my thoughts go towards floating the panel bottoms above the dirt.

chip3199
10-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Hello,
I did an outdoor haunt once similar to what you are describing. We designed our haunt with the triangle grid system, and braced it everywhere along the top. It basically ended up as one big mass that supported itself. We also had a few long runs of hallway that we braced from the backside of the wall, attached to an 8 ft long 2x3, nailed to a 2 ft long 2x3 wood spike sledeghammered into the ground. That seemed to give plenty of support! Hope this helps!

Chip Pigman DeLong

poison
10-16-2008, 01:43 AM
I did the same thing. The more walls you tie together the stronger it gets.

I used 1 x 3 for the top braces and 2x3 for the walls and ground spikes.

N2SPOOKINU
10-29-2008, 12:18 PM
We used braces on the top but also cut 1/2" conduit in 3' long peices and drove 2' of it into the ground then attached the top 1' to the edge of the wall panel. It held great and kept the bottom of the walls from moving around.