PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Opening Weekend, Need help with flow

Boni
10-19-2008, 10:56 PM
We blew away all our goals for attendance this weekend.

This is year 2 for me, charity haunt, new location from last year.

We were open 2 nights last year and had 500 guests. We at almost 1300 guest this weekend, Friday and Saturday, 4 hours each night. For us, that was huge huge huge.

We broke even about 9:00 Saturday night, now we are open next weekend and Halloween night and it will all be profit for our youth club. :D

I can't tell you how pumped I am, the fun part is, we have great ideas on how to make it better from now until next Friday, can't wait to get back in.

rwrussom
10-19-2008, 11:12 PM
That rocks! Tell us a little more about your haunt: size, number of actors and others, flow rate, style of attraction, or whatever you want to throw out there.

Boni
10-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Dr. Buzzsaw's Haunted Hospital

Our building is an old tractor parts store, 40,000 square feet. We use the whole building, but with dead zones in the middle for actors to move in and out, so about 20,000 square feet is guest ready. The building was added to 10 times, so there are about 7 different distinct rooms, some with low ceilings, some with 20 foot ceilings.

We have to tear down at end of season, but if the building does not sell, we get it again next year. Free of charge. And we can store all our equipment there unless it sells.

Basic story line is Dr. Busclaw discovers a way to mutate cancerous cells into healthy ones, but then the mutation starts to attack the healthy cells years after the patient is cured. Dr. Busclaw discovers this and starts killing off all his former patients before they can tell the world about the deadly side affect. The investigators are always a step behind and all they find is chunks of mutated flesh and a bloody circular saw at the scene. So the newspaper deem Dr. Busclaw, Dr. Buzzsaw.

The guests are patients once treated by Dr. Buzzsaw and once inside must avoid his efforts to get them on the surgical table in order to cut out any mutated flesh, regardless of consequence to the patient.