PDA

View Full Version : dry ice

roland s
10-24-2008, 09:32 PM
how many pounds of dry ice does one need to have about three couldrons produce fog outside for about five hours. thanks

31Halloween31
10-25-2008, 02:28 PM
I'll see if I can find out more information about this dry ice, and see how much you can use it. I'll be right back with you later.

damon carson
10-26-2008, 09:26 PM
I dont know exactly but if you get 5 to 10 lbs it would go a long way. And should last you the whole night. Or the 5 ours you need.
Damon

OgeXam
10-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Becareful with dry ice.

If the ratio of water to dry ice gets too low (aka you put in too much dry ice) the water will freezer solid and stop the fog production. To ensure this does not happen use something to heat the water up to keep it from freezing up.

Also do not allow anybody to lay in the fog produced by dry ice, you can sufficate since it is carbon dioxide.

Oh and wear gloves when handling dry ice.

31Halloween31
10-28-2008, 07:49 PM
I'd prefer just stick to a fog machine. Dry ice isn't the safest thing to keep laying around. Not that it'll last long.

And, the reason it is not 100% safe because since it is so cold, dry ice can cause severe frostbite and permanent skin damage, if you hold it in your hand. :(