PDA

View Full Version : underwater props

asanve
10-28-2008, 05:37 PM
I went to a haunt last week and they had a pirate head under water. It tilted its head side to side and sang "Yo, ho, a pirates life for me" and etc. and bubbles came out of its mouth. I would love to purchase one--can anyone tell me where this may have come from? Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

brad
10-28-2008, 05:47 PM
It sounds like a custom made prop to me. I dont recall ever seeing something like this at a tradeshow or a catalog.

kpolley
10-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Most likely custom. Sounds cool though. You know...my company does a lot of custom work...;)

asanve
10-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Most likely custom. Sounds cool though. You know...my company does a lot of custom work...;)

Awesome! Have you ever made anything like this before? Have you made any underwater props in the past? What would something like that cost?

kpolley
10-29-2008, 10:49 AM
We have done a couple props in the past that ran in water. Cost would really depend on what motions you wanted, time frame, etc. Contact me off board at kpolley@palenightproductions.com and we can discuss the details but I'm sure it's something we could work out for you. I'm picturing it, motion-wise, with mouth open/close, head tilt left/right, and the bubbling of course. Also, I'm seeing it as pretty much a skull with an eye patch and hat but if you want more of an actual head we could do that too. Contact me and we'll talk. Thanks.

PhantomSW
10-29-2008, 11:26 PM
asanve: Did you like the rest of Karl's Haunt (pirates of emerson).
That underwater head was some what Anoining. Beacause for the line into the haunt, You could not see it...But of heard it..over..and over again. ... But I like it too.

www.ScreamWorks.org