PDA

View Full Version : I need some help.....

brad
10-28-2008, 04:45 PM
.... with makeup ideas.

For a Friday night costume contest, I want to go as a burn victim- similar to the "Withered Lover" ghost from "Thirteen Ghosts" movie.

It's a burn scar that covers pretty much half of the face and parts of the body.

I'm gonna use a lot of liquid latex to form the base of everything.

What I need help with is:

What should I use as far as coloring to make the burn area look fresh, or wet?

And what are some good ideas that you guys have come up with when doing a burned makeup effect?

Also, if ya'll could post any pics up or links to websites to give me some good ideas to go off of, that would be great.

Killer Katie
10-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Jason from Screamline taught me to make wicked burns out of used dryer sheets and latex. They can look very real when done right. You tear them at the edges so there's no straight edge (to blend into your own skin) then pick at the sheet with tweezers to create flesh holes. Coat it with latex. We used maroon and black as well as fleshy tones to blend. You can coat it with gelatin to give it a wet look - you can color the gelatin or paint it after it's dry.
And remember to stipple it along the edges to create an uneven burn area. My biggest pet peeve is make up that looks like it's done with a ruler. :)

brad
10-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Sweet.

Thanks for the advise!

screamline studios
10-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Thak you KK it means alot!! Brad give me a call i will give you a full list of materials for a great looking burn victom (440) 205-0111 home office if i am not there i will call you back ASAS...

Jason Blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com

brad
10-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Thak you KK it means alot!! Brad give me a call i will give you a full list of materials for a great looking burn victom (440) 205-0111 home office if i am not there i will call you back ASAS...

Jason Blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com

Sounds great! I'll try to call you tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks!!!