PDA

View Full Version : Hauntworld Banner Renew 2009/Wrap Up Report

drfrightner
11-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Couple things... first off let me say that I thank everyone who supported our site last year with banner purchases and or featured listings. We do plan on re-doing the listing page 110% before the Transworld Show.

I won't start working on this until December. We will start to renew banners in January (start of the new year). If you want to renew your spot in our new system, our new layout you should contact us in January.

You will have until the end of February to renew your banner then after that people can buy them or move up the list.

Next year we will sell or sorts of add ons that we didn't sell this year.

Overall Hauntworld.com system attracted over 1.4 million visits in October and over 500,000 in September.

As you know Hauntworld is an entire system of sites not just one site... Hauntworld was the top site in the system doing just over 800,000 visits, while HauntedHouseOnline.com was second most with just over or around 600,000 visits. The most Hauntworld ever had in one day was right around 85,000 visits.

Hauntworld was mentioned on Travel Channel, FoxNews, to AP to USAToday to everything between. The majority of the traffic HW received came straight into the site nearly 60% which tells me we have guests who return to the site year after year or who already know about the site or heard about it from someone. Google was our #1 search engine, Yahoo was second.

Our #1 haunted house that sent us traffic was Headless Horseman in New York. Thanks to them and all the haunts who linked Hauntworld.com

We will make new policies and could and might consider wiping off all haunts who do not at the very least add a Hauntworld banner to their site, which will make the site more lean and easier to find attractions that support us.

We will be starting a newsletter its already set up, just never had the time to actually put one out but that is coming.

Hauntworld will support a new association for attraction owners and operators and will invest money into this venture for 2009.

Hauntworld Magazine will attempt for the first time EVER to publish FOUR magazines in one calender year. The first magazine will release in December/January and the second early March and the third in June and from there we'll see.

Hauntworld now has its own bank account and from January 1, 2009 will now longer be funded by Halloween Productions, Inc. It must make it on its very own from now on. Last year Hauntworld was a big money loser for HPI to the tune of $50,000.00 plus. Most of the money was spent on new features, servers, labor and maintenance. In 2009 we need Hauntworld to support itself.

I hope this gives everyone a complete and open update about the site.

We will continue to do EVERYTHING we can to support the industry through this site and many others we own or control including www.HauntedHouseAssociation.org which is now listed in the top 10 on major keywords on almost all major search engines. We will continue to support everyone and the idea that there is nothing better in October than visiting a haunted house!!!

So in closing if you want a featured listing or banner which will include new features, new layout and more contact us soon and start to reserve your positions and thanks again for a great 2008!

Larry

drfrightner
11-05-2008, 01:30 AM
A couple more updates...

1) We will create another Hauntworld Video and if you want YOUR haunt included, which helps people know more about your haunt and promotes your attraction within our own industry let me know!!! This is one way we learn more about your attractions for future articles for the magazine.

2) One more update about the magazine... we took in a SICK amount of new subscribers to the magazine in the month of October... OVER FOUR HUNDRED NEW SUBSCRIBERS in October alone!

I don't know how, where, or why but OVER FOUR HUNDRED new subscribers in JUST ONE MONTH! That doesn't even COUNT SEPTEMBER or November... this month a lone we already have FORTY new subscribers in just 8 days.

Thank you all seriously! I know you may not all agree with everything I say, think or do, but it truly is an honor to speak on behalf of this industry, and be a major voice for everyone!

Larry

icarian
11-05-2008, 07:47 AM
larry, i do feel like congrats and praise are in order here. I watched all of the history/travel channel haunted attraction specials and if there is anyone who knows how to cross promote both their own business and our industry as a whole, its you! great job, and its great to see so many new subscribers to hauntworld! (not yet a subscriber here, but will be soon)

beardedbil
11-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Larry,
How about a haunt world video that documents Hayride attractions? From Facade construction to highlighting a different kind of show that is usually outdoors...

Just a thought...

drfrightner
11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I would love to put together a hayride ONLY video...consider that DONE!

So who wants to be included?

Larry

Dr Spooktakular
11-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Bates Motel and Hayride for sure. I visited Randy and his place in July while I was in Philly. He was one of the most gracious people I have ever met. We walked his property and talked about various stuff, I got to see some scenes under construction, his workshop, etc.. I even got to see his real reindeer, that topped off the whole trip. Randy and his knowledge of various issues could benefit any haunter, new or old.

beardedbil
11-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Some events I would love to see included:
Bates Motel (Hayride)
Creepyworld
Spookywoods
Headless Horseman Hayrides

DarkTikiEntertainment
11-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Definitely Spookywoods!

Scary Harry
11-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Sign me up. Larry I am putting some season video together now.
Thanks, Leo Martin( Double M Haunted Hayrides.)

Nightgore
11-05-2008, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't mind sending in footage of a non-hayride HW movie... of course, we won't be getting ANY footage until mid-summer of 2009!!! Is this to late of a deadline? -Tyler

Gravely
11-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Larry, we would certainley like to return to a hauntworld dvd this year.
It's been way too long old friend.

I'd be happy to show the haunt, chat about the horror host biz, whatever you want.